What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even More Crap VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eels Dude

Coach
Not to fussed if lussick comes or not but how would you feel if you were lussick knowing that his current team Manly had you down as the 5th option in re-signings. Seriously If that was me I would not stay, loyalty is a two way street. As I said not to fussed if he stays with them, he hasn't shown much other than that try last week.

A guy with half a dozen first grade games under his belt cannot be expected to be a high priority signing. The fact other clubs, including us, are chasing him must surely be flattering to a player of his level. I agree he hasn't shown much, that's why I'm surprised we are after him as our first choice priority signing. Surely we should be aiming higher.

bartman

Immortal
Kelly to take up Maguire's spot in the squad I guess (and maybe we got compensation for Maguire or Atkin's salary)?

Sensible move, as if we cop an injury at halves or hooker we'd have been f**ked.

As for Lussick, you can only presume we're chasing him because he's seen as a higher priority than re-signing both Poore and/or Moimoi?

Saw Kelly play in the 20's for melb a few years ago, he was good. But there's a reason why he hasn't played much 1st grade it maybe he's just not good enough. Anyway, let's see how he goes. I personally have no expectation of him.

Noa

First Grade
Saw Kelly play in the 20's for melb a few years ago, he was good. But there's a reason why he hasn't played much 1st grade it maybe he's just not good enough. Anyway, let's see how he goes. I personally have no expectation of him.

Names Cooper Cronk.

Coaching staff decided during the 2010 season Widdop would compliment Cronks game better then Luke, which has turned out to be the case.

Gronk

Staff member
Kelly departs Melbourne Storm

Melbourne Storm
Friday June 8, 2012

Young Storm halfback, Luke Kelly, has signed with Parramatta Eels. Despite signing from 2013, Kelly will join the Eels next week after Melbourne Storm granted his request for an early release.
Kelly has an opportunity to play first grade football immediately at the Eels, and the club was happy to support his request.
Kelly, 23, made his debut in 2009, the same year he captained Storm’s NYC team to a premiership. He also won the club’s U20s Best Back award in 2008 and 2009.
Suffering from injury at times during his tenure at the club, Kelly has played six games in the purple jersey, including tonight’s match against the Wests Tigers at AAMI Park.
Melbourne Storm GM Football Operations, Frank Ponissi, said the club was happy to allow him to move to the Eels earlier than usual.
“The club totally understands the reasons for Luke’s request for an early release,” Ponissi said.
“It was a difficult decision, however given his tremendous service to Melbourne Storm, we did not want to prevent him taking up the opportunity of playing regular first grade football which he is very capable of doing.
“He is very popular around the club with both players and staff and he leaves with the club’s full support and best wishes.”
http://sportsaustralia.com/articles/news.php?id=11258

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

I understand he was injured at the beginning of 2011 so Gareth got the jump on him and the rest is history. Good depth signing would be cheap enough that if he does Not work out it would not affect our cap by much plus he is a player who has some potential

Tommy Coco

Juniors
I couldnt see him coming stright into the NRL side either, Ben Roberts isn't that much to the detrement of Sandows game, he is after all and international player and on the opposite side of the park...

Happy with the pick up, he comes with an impressive junior CV. Did anyone else think that when they saw him from the wide shot on TV he looks and moves alot like Daniel Mortimer?

Gronk

Staff member
image.jpg

Ratchy

Juniors

He was injured alot of year as he kept coming back from a groin injury too quick which would've put off clubs before he re-signed with the Storm

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'm going to stick my neck out and say Lussick is done with Manly playing mind games to either up our price or just put preassure on us to announce to..it's the sort of game clubs play all the time..

but, i could be wrong as usual...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.