What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Even More Crap XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Someone

Bench
and then evil pou said, "f**k your eyes merkin"
and then shit stirring bart said, "no I won't ... ummm, errr, oh I must have magically logged out again"
and then suity said, "eels suck, wanderers rule"
and then evil pou said, "those merkins are merkins"

Brb writing script for upcoming tv series,

"Game of Crones".

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
and then evil pou said, "f**k your eyes merkin"
and then shit stirring bart said, "no I won't ... ummm, errr, oh I must have magically logged out again"
and then evil pou said, "those merkins are merkins"

The Bart logging out thing makes me chuckle every time someone mentions it.

MetroGnome

Juniors
Haven't logged on here for a while but nothing much has changed, still talking absolute CRAP of the highest...or lowest order.
At least people are placing it in the correct blog I guess.

yy_cheng

Coach
On 2SM Talk and Sport, Tunks and Hughes said that Hindy was keen to play this year but was told his services were not required.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Good call. I wish we never re-signed Fui or Ben Smith. They can't be cheap, even with the long service discount.

Remember the famous saying about letting them go a year too early rather than a year too late.

eel speel

Juniors
On 2SM Talk and Sport, Tunks and Hughes said that Hindy was keen to play this year but was told his services were not required.

Luke Burt was keen to play on too... Sources say that he was not wanted at Parra.... He was going to back to Newcastle to play but was then offered a job at the club.

We could have really used him this year.

Chipmunk

Coach
Luke Burt was keen to play on too... Sources say that he was not wanted at Parra.... He was going to back to Newcastle to play but was then offered a job at the club.

We could have really used him this year.

Im guessing the fact that we only signed two players with any first grade esperience this year that we wouldve been close to the salary cap any case without Hindy and Burt playing. Apparently we had $250k left for Folau, but Im guessing both Hindy and Burt wouldve taken more than that if they played.

I think we needed this year to just give some young guys some experience ready for 2014 and sign up a few guys for next year and give 2014 a red hot go.

Hindy was a great player, but we were also going to have to play without him eventually, so now might as well be as good a time as any.

Utey

Coach
Nope, good call to move them both on. We need to start from fresh. There is f*ck all difference to me to be 9th or dead last.

Kornstar

Coach
Im guessing the fact that we only signed two players with any first grade esperience this year that we wouldve been close to the salary cap any case without Hindy and Burt playing. Apparently we had $250k left for Folau, but Im guessing both Hindy and Burt wouldve taken more than that if they played.

I think we needed this year to just give some young guys some experience ready for 2014 and sign up a few guys for next year and give 2014 a red hot go.

Hindy was a great player, but we were also going to have to play without him eventually, so now might as well be as good a time as any.

Nope, good call to move them both on. We need to start from fresh. There is f*ck all difference to me to be 9th or dead last.

Agreed, wound have just made next year harder. If they had 2 or 3 years left in them, maybe but not 1 year.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Good call. I wish we never re-signed Fui or Ben Smith. They can't be cheap, even with the long service discount.

Remember the famous saying about letting them go a year too early rather than a year too late.

I reckon Fui has been alright. Mannah has been our best prop this year, but you'd do well to argue that 3 other props have played better than Fui.

Ben Smith + Maitua were the massive mistakes. Signing Burt again would also have been ridiculous - we're angry about Toutai not contesting bombs, and Mullaney for his no defence and no rucking it out of our own end. Combine the worst parts of both of them, and that's what we would have been served up if Burt had played this season.

Do tunks and Hughes talk about how the dogs lost, Thurston, Sbw, Mason,Issac Luke, etc etc no... because they are bunch of morons and don't want to admit it. That show is the most boring show on earth.

Kornstar

Coach
Tunks and Hughes are old school Bulldogs. They'll make up anything to put crap on Parra.

This

Tunks is the biggest wanker on radio, Hadley looks good against him!

Their hatred for the Eels shines through at times, I wish there was another sports show on the radio at the same time, cause I'd listen to that instead......

oldmancraigy

Coach
Apparently we had $250k left for Folau,

We didn't neccessarily have that much space.
We could've offered him $5k per game in match payments which would have counted as $0 against our cap (because he didn't play last year). That's $120k - it would have to be on top of a salary of some kind. Let's assume minimum ($80k) - and he makes $200k in his first year with us (rumours that we offered more for the following years).

It would make more sense that we only had a minimum contract to offer, since we can't play Ken Edwards due to salary cap restraints. Fail to see how we could be under such stress if we'd have $250k free in the cap?

Would also make sense as to the Schu's reluctance. He knew we were getting a good deal, and was dilly dallying because he wasn't sure...

Bigfella

Coach
Luke burt and Nathan Hindmarsh were not the answer to anything.

If anything mediocre players like cayless and burt took up places and salary cap for far too long requiring us to have a lot too many ordinary players on our books.

Our cap and roster have been badly managed for a very long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts