What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

hindy111

Post Whore
Gordon would be the best option as sharks would be willing to move him.
I reckon he would try and squeeze a 2 yr deal thou-Id only want him for one

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
That's who I reckon he was talking about....though I hope it is another Shark....

#BarbaPlease

I reckon Barba would be a decent fit for us. Arthur would be the type of coach to get him back to his best.

Apparently he is on stupid money at the Sharks, considering Holmes and bird have kicked on, they may be in position to offload him, in our favour

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
In order of my preference then:
1. Holmes (but that kills French making it or Hayne returning)
2. Gordon (would be great for 18 months until French is ready for NRL)
3. Barba
4. Gardner

But who said it was a Shark anyway?
Probably Brett Stewart :lol:

Yeah agree if the brain trust think French is our future fullback , Gordon would be a very good option. As long as he remained injury free, plus he is also a very good winger thus French and him could playing switching between the positions.

Noise

Coach
I reckon Barba would be a decent fit for us. Arthur would be the type of coach to get him back to his best.

Apparently he is on stupid money at the Sharks, considering Holmes and bird have kicked on, they may be in position to offload him, in our favour

Agreed. I was hoping we'd get him in the off season when the Broncs were trying to offload him. I was desperate for either him or Hoffman.

Avenger

Immortal
Agreed. I was hoping we'd get him in the off season when the Broncs were trying to offload him. I was desperate for either him or Hoffman.

The problem with Barba is that the Broncos are supplementing a fair chunk of his salary. I reckon Cronulla would have been stupid enough to take on most of it in the final year which is reportedly about $700K. That's too much unless they want to pay half and top up Bird and Holmes.

Noise

Coach
The problem with Barba is that the Broncos are supplementing a fair chunk of his salary. I reckon Cronulla would have been stupid enough to take on most of it in the final year which is reportedly about $700K. That's too much unless they want to pay half and top up Bird and Holmes.

Barba for 400k is great value I reckon! We will sign Gardner though

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

That's what I was implying. I also read he was on that type of money. Sharks probably need to make a decision as Holmes/birds seem like they will be very good players thus they don't want to lose them and they need pay raises. Barba aren't a half, he is fullback or nothing and what side wants to pay $700k for a bench player. Offloading him and still paying half his contract ($350k) still gives them an extra $350k to spend.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Barba for 400k is great value I reckon! We will sign Gardner though

The more I think of it, as much as I love Sandow, our side would be so much better of with a Barba. Imagine

1. Barba
2. Reece
3. Mr T
4. Hoppa - very good centre. Yes slow but good defensively and setting up his winger.
5. Semi
6. Norman
7. Foran

Plenty of speed and trying scoring ability. 1,2,5 could all score 20 tries each.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I assume everyone reads both sites so there's no point posting something I read over there.

I read it and I normally post signing rumours - here . Love the mods here, they keep a tight ship and keep a lot of shit out ( twizzle, parra-matter and others👏) Did post over there once, but a lot of shit posts and dopey people.

Nifty

Juniors
Do you think there is any chance Will Hopoate's brother Jamil could return back here after his prison stint ? I think he gets out in Feb

just saw a good story on the AFR - How to spot bad directors

http://www.afr.com/personal-finance...potting-bad-company-directors-20150421-1moq0o

Reckon our members should look at this and do their research. We have a real estate agent, property developer, councillors, ex footy players, former sacked employees, trainers, junior coaches, builders, retired charity workers.

Fitzy hasn't used Tinga vouchers this time to get the Asian vote but he has a got a bloke who looks questionable, out of work and not so professional

http://mumbrella.com.au/nswact-newsagents-association-removes-ceo-chiang-lim-222017

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
James Roberts? Yeah I did. He is a dickhead. At Parra we only take rehabilitated criminals.

Ha ha, who would have thought, 2 convicted crims in our top 17.

I remember a joke from the early '90's when we were shit. The rumour was we were looking at signing John Elias as our pack needed some fire power.

Bigfella

Coach
I'm sure it's all bullshit but there has also been some talk about Jackson Hastings being released hasn't there.

Either way I'm not sure why pou would be talking about something from those merkins as being gospel.

Status
Not open for further replies.