What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy Coco

Juniors
With Foran, Scott, possibly Topou and if we sign a able to sign an above average fullback I would say it is the best recruitment parra have made in a very long time.

At the expense of sandow, lussick and 2-3 fringee's, we supplement those losses with junior internationals on stage yesterday I think we are doing an excellent job of squad balance

Avenger

Immortal
If Sandow leaves we need another back up in the halves for 2016. I'd take that Cornish kid from Canberra.

Bigfella

Coach
We can't settle for "not the worst" option at fullback.

You need a fullback who is capable of pressing for origin.

If we take the fourth option from a fairly average side as our number 1 option next year it would be an absolute disgrace.

Bigfella

Coach
If stagger is right then we need to fix our board and admin so that are competitive otherwise we never will be on the field - in terms of genuine premiership chances

No doubt that there was an over emphasis on the ' Ricky hate' amongst fans and we certainly needed a scapegoat but you must admit our signings with BA thus far haven't been too shabby also and I suppose we're still in the mix for a few more

I've been happy with most of our signing over the last 12 mths plus the new ones coming next year.

Tommy Coco

Juniors
If Sandow leaves we need another back up in the halves for 2016. I'd take that Cornish kid from Canberra.

We have back up halves for next year, one captained NZ yesterday. If you don't agree is expect you think we should move them on right?

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
No doubt that there was an over emphasis on the ' Ricky hate' amongst fans and we certainly needed a scapegoat but you must admit our signings with BA thus far haven't been too shabby also and I suppose we're still in the mix for a few more

Agreed BA has made some solid signings, just wish we had made them a couple of years earlier ie. Watmough and not sure bt Tupou either if he comes, still envious of Raiders though....kudos to Stuart...he has delivered.

Noise

Coach

If we take the fourth option from a fairly average side as our number 1 option next year it would be an absolute disgrace.

This!

Noise

Coach
ZDC has been terrible at 7 for us this year. His kicking game has been woeful and i've never seen a bloke hit the worng option so many times. He hits the lead runner when he should go out the back and vice versa. He is a 9 if anything, but far too small for first grade IMO

Tommy Coco

Juniors
The team around him yesterday yielded different form no? I like that he is flexible and can fill in at 9 in both attack and defense.

He is no sandow in attack but defends better than him. Again my opinion is he is our back up half and a better choice than kelly or Cornish or quinlan etc

Joely01

Bench
Shit, strike centre Leilua to the Raiders, Johnston to the Roosters, Simona re-signed with the Tigers and we are going to end up with Nathan f**ken Gardner???

F**k we have some of the most negative supporters to ever support a team in a sport.
It's highly likely we will end up signing Tupou. We have signed one of the best 5/8s in the comp and a workaholic forward.
You realize we can't sign every single player that comes onto the market???

hindy111

Post Whore
BA signings grades CONSIDERING COST AND EFFECTIVENESS

Taka - B
WICKS - A
FA'ASSO-B
ROBINSON-B
CHAMPION - WONT GRADE AS INJURED
WATMOUGH-C+
NELSON - D
GOWER - B+
DE GOIS - B -
FORAN-?
SCOTT-?

RICKY SIGNED -

MOSSOP-D
NORMAN-B
PEATS-A
MAN- A
KE- B

Ok some will say Manu and KE where signed by nolan which is fair enough.Rickys signings while here where not too bad thou.He did bring in 2 young player in norman and peats who are part of our spine.
In hindsight he wanted Sandow gone which is looking likely now. Ricky did the dirty walking out on us.But he also cleaned out some rubbish players and blooded a few good ones in semi-terepo and Jnr.

hindy111

Post Whore
ZDC is 20. Most the really good halves are sniffing around first grade by then, but you also have guys like townsend-maloney-hodgkinson that did not really do a lot untill 23.
He may end up a bust. But should be elevated to Wenty and given two years to see what he can do there before drawing the curtains on him yet.

Mattersons year is more a worry.

Noise

Coach
F**k we have some of the most negative supporters to ever support a team in a sport.
It's highly likely we will end up signing Tupou. We have signed one of the best 5/8s in the comp and a workaholic forward.
You realize we can't sign every single player that comes onto the market???

No but fullback should have been a priority the moment Hayne left. Arthur must be happy with what we have got - unless Gardner is his answer?And it seems we think wing is more important than fullback if tupou rumours are correct?? Beau Scott is also a good (ageing) player but our second row was quite strong anyway once Edwards is back. I just don't see why we are signing a winger and second rower when we don't have a genuine first grade fullback - one of the most important positions in the game!

strider

Post Whore

you do realise the person referred to as "not the worst option" is the 2nd option at the sharks - the first option up until very recently

I assume you mean gardiner .... not gordon

strider

Post Whore

Taka - B
WICKS - A
FA'ASSO-B
ROBINSON-B
WATMOUGH-C+
NELSON - D
GOWER - B+
DE GOIS - B -
FORAN-?
SCOTT-?

RICKY SIGNED -

MOSSOP-D
NORMAN-B
PEATS-A
MAN- A
KE- B

Ok some will say Manu and KE where signed by nolan which is fair enough.Rickys signings while here where not too bad thou.He did bring in 2 young player in norman and peats who are part of our spine.
In hindsight he wanted Sandow gone which is looking likely now. Ricky did the dirty walking out on us.But he also cleaned out some rubbish players and blooded a few good ones in semi-terepo and Jnr.

you've gotta grade Champion - and probably give him a F for it .... Champion was a known injury risk, so signing him was ultimately a bit of a flop, but hey he was only on a 1 yr deal ... so lets upgrade it to a D

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Taka - B
WICKS - A
FA'ASSO-B
ROBINSON-B
WATMOUGH-C+
NELSON - D
GOWER - B+
DE GOIS - B -
FORAN-?
SCOTT-?

RICKY SIGNED -

MOSSOP-D
NORMAN-B
PEATS-A
MAN- A
KE- B

Ma'u was signed in 2012 when we first applied for a visa for him. That was before Stuart.

As for Nelson, he was signed as a backup. How then could he be a D? Every club needs backups and mature ones are great to have around the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts