What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gronk

Staff member
Very annoying that you lot go ballistic when Josh or Hooper join the rumour dots and publish speculation and ironically you were doing the same in the past 24 hours.

Conspiracy theories, scaremongering and mudslinging at 20 paces.

Assignation by Chinese whispers is very internet.

Jodeci

Bench
Gee great way to get the right people into important roles :eek:

Hiney, food for thought. Anderson is managed by a player manager/agent himself.

I reckon DA would of seen these clauses and thought I better check with my player agent and seek advice that you can actually put these clauses in, that player agent then gets a copy of this contract.

If this took place, this contract has now been seen by:

SFX management (Foran's team) Mimis and Paul Sutton plus their Financial controller Wayne Honeywood
Keiran Foran
Scott Seward
Daniel Anderson
Daniel Anderson's manager Jim Banaghan from Full Time Sports Management
Peter Sharp (recruitment manager)
John Boulous (Interim CEO)
All 7 board members
Brad Arthur

17 people would/have seen this contract now.

Last edited:

Bigfella

Coach
Very annoying that you lot go ballistic when Josh or Hooper join the rumour dots and publish speculation and ironically you were doing the same in the past 24 hours.

Please say hello to the pixies for me while you are feeding your unicorn Gronk.

insert.pause

First Grade
@insert.pause... The Board has a responsibility to know - and that's why they pay to employ people in roles like Footy CEO, to be responsible and tell them. Born An Eel has the roles spot on, people expecting the Board/Chair to spend 50 hours a week on voluntary work reading the fine print of every contract don't know how the real world works!

We no longer have a Footy CEO employed, just before the issues with these clauses came to light... you join the dots. The Board has acted decisively when confronted with the issue. What more do you want them to do? (Other than employ someone better qualified for/experienced as a Footy CEO next time....)

The board acts as oversight for the CEO, the chairman is required to sign off on stat decs verifying the club is observing it's contractual obligations under the NRL salary cap, something they couldn't possibly do faithfully without knowing the terms of a contract for their marquee player. No board just operates on blind faith, the fact you think it's alright that the NRL were the ones who actually had to inform the board of a clause in their own contract that had them liable for a million dollar payout is absurd, just think about that for a minute, the NRL knew more about a contract the Eels were liable for than the board who are responsible for it, the NRL shouldn't be doing the boards job for them. Directors aren't supposed to just turn up to meetings, they should all have allocated responsibilities across the organisation to stay on top of so they know the right questions to ask, that obviously didn't happen. Director is a professional position that comes with a high level of responsibility that requires competency, it's not political play thing.

BennyBoy

Juniors

Aren't they the same tactics you relied on with the previous mob :lol:

oldmancraigy

Coach
http://foxsports.com.au/nrl/kieran-...n-for-parramatta/story-e6frf3ou-1227410131070

Damages clause out. Arthur clause stays.

Foran has given his word and will be coming regardless.

Let's see what changes between now and 11am Wednesday.

If this is the case, then perhaps some people need to post their apologies to Anderson?

The $1m walk away clause was outrageous. Just horrible. If Ando has indeed negotiated that out of the deal, then he has done an excellent job.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Hiney, food for thought. Anderson is managed by a player manager/agent himself.

I reckon DA would of seen these clauses and thought I better check with my player agent and seek advice that you can actually put these clauses in, that player agent then gets a copy of this contract.

If this took place, this contract has now been seen by:

SFX management (Foran's team) Mimis and Paul Sutton plus their Financial controller Wayne Honeywood
Keiran Foran
Scott Seward
Daniel Anderson
Daniel Anderson's manager Jim Banaghan from Full Time Sports Management
Peter Sharp (recruitment manager)
John Boulous (Interim CEO)
All 7 board members
Brad Arthur

17 people would/have seen this contract now.

I know you are doing a hypothetical situation, but I doubt DA would be stupid enough to give a Foran / eels contract to his player manager / company to review. To me that would be a massive privacy breach and just a stupid way to perform your role. Surely the clubs lawyers would be responsible for giving advice rather then a player manager with no role in the matter.

Jodeci

Bench
I know you are doing a hypothetical situation, but I doubt DA would be stupid enough to give a Foran / eels contract to his player manager / company to review. To me that would be a massive privacy breach and just a stupid way to perform your role. Surely the clubs lawyers would be responsible for giving advice rather then a player manager with no role in the matter.

Nothing surprises me any longer regarding the club.

What better way to get expertise advice then from your own hence the Banaghan link.

Take Banaghan out of it, 16 people have now seen this contract.

Regarding player managers, they all talk to each other and know what is going on, there are no secrets there trust me.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Yeah it's way more annoying then running nearly last in all 3 grades and being the laughing stock of the NRL.

I have to say, I haven't been impressed with Arthur one bit - if he goes, that would certainly be a positive from Foran not coming

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I have to say, I haven't been impressed with Arthur one bit - if he goes, that would certainly be a positive from Foran not coming

Disagree, I think he is doing a pretty good job. Takes time to turn a side around especially one that had won 2 wooden spoons before his arrival and then loses his captain and main player before his second season.

We have shown plenty in attack this year (when we were told we couldn't score without Hayne) and while I hate losing, I reckon we have pretty much been in every game this year unlike last year where games we had a few big loses. Defence needs to be better.

If Foran comes, next year is looking pretty good. Gordon / Foran / Scott will make a massive difference especially in defence.

I believe we are now a hard side to beat but we need to go the next level and learn how to win ( back defence will help)

Next year as long as we don't have a big injury toll and Foran comes, will be where Arthur will be under pressure if results don't come ( should be top 8)

Last edited:

Djay

Juniors

Haven't posted on here in years but after the recent circumstances I thought I would express how I feel.

Reading stuff like this really irritates me, we have gone through a ridiculous number of coaches in recent years and it always seems to be the coach's fault no matter what the situation is.

We have a mediocre backline with a very young and talented forward pack, we have been riddled with injuries and bad luck no to mention we have lost the greatest player in the game who before his departure we couldn't win a game without.

And people want to sit here and continue to blame Arthur and what he is doing and or done, I think the job his done is admirable and from what I have heard and seen the players really respond well to him. Other getting the boot is possibly the worst thing possible that could happen right now, despite having his back against the wall he presents a very hard fighting and solid footy team. Yes we are by far and away the dumbest team in the comp but he is dealing with a playing group and club that is rotten to the core, the culture here stinks, the philosophy is wrong and he is trying to rewrite it all with very minimal help.

Arthur could leave today and I would put solid money on him being snapped up in no time, when are we going to stop blaming coaches and start blaming the players and the club and make them take some responsibility for our struggles?

This whole Foran thing just sums up this club, the NRL need Parramatta but at this rate we do not even deserve to be in the NRL.

I am sick of listening to everyone rubbish and degrade our once great club due to it being run like a shambles and all the back room shit.

The club is in its darkest times since I have been around and it pains me to no end to see what it has become.

Kornstar

Coach
I don't understand anyone wanting to dump a coach AGAIN! He needs to see out a contract!

Just a thought, if DA and BA don't get on and both have the board completely behind each one, how does that work?

They are both Sharpy's men but they hate each other? Not saying it isn't true but it just seems so odd.

Incorrect

Coach
Disagree, I think he is doing a pretty good job. Takes time to turn a side around especially one that had won 2 wooden spoons before his arrival and then loses his captain and main player before his second season.

We have shown plenty in attack this year (when we told we couldn't score without Hayne) and while we I hate losing, I reckon we have pretty much been in every game this year unlike last year where games we had a few big loses. Defence needs to be better.

If Foran comes, next year is looking pretty good. Gordon / Foran / Scott will make a massive difference especially in defence.

We believe we are now a hard side to beat but we need to go the next level and learn how to win ( back defence will help)

Next year as long as we don't have a big injury toll and Foran comes, will be where Arthur will be under pressure if results don't come ( should be top 8)

And that's the kicker - if we aren't top 8 by end of next year, BA will be under presuure and might get punted... and then we lose Foran as per the "BA goes I go" clause they are negotiating right now!! Back to square 1!!:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.