What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Can you or anywhere else elaborate on why the Manager of the Team was sacked. Was he the one who put the Foran contract in the post to the NRL or something?

Jason Irvine is a gear steward. He has nothing to do with anything regarding the running of anything at the club. He simply makes sure all training gear is located at the site they train, beverages and drinks supplied daily to players and staff at training, game day he ensures the sheds are right to go and double checks the equipment.

He has nothing to do with player contracts.

Yup

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Personally, I think BA has done an amazing job when you consider what is going on.

Hayne left, Injuries left right and centre, a f**ked up salary cap which dictates who he can and can't play and DA in the background white anting the rest of the show.... While the board are f**king around sacking anyone and everyone other than the f**king problems.

A-f**king-mazing.

Yep totally agree. Out of all this I just hope he doesn't walk. We really need him stay strong.

Jodeci

Bench
DA was part of the reason why Taylor didn't want to come wasn't it?

Hiring Peter Sharp may have been a good thing to work between both guys but bringing DA into the position in the first place obviously wasn't.

When Jason Taylor won the votes in the board room at the time, the Chairman turned to one particular director and made the point that BA should be the coach, the director who has a very close relationship with DA said I'll change my vote from JT to BA if you employ DA.

That exact scenario took place.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...r-board-backflip/story-fni3ga7r-1226740828456

The push for NRL referees boss Daniel Anderson to be appointed football manager is thought to have played a significant role in last night?s backflip.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
When Jason Taylor won the votes in the board room at the time, the Chairman turned to one particular director and made the point that BA should be the coach, the director who has a very close relationship with DA said I'll change my vote from JT to BA if you employ DA.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...r-board-backflip/story-fni3ga7r-1226740828456

The push for NRL referees boss Daniel Anderson to be appointed football manager is thought to have played a significant role in last night?s backflip.
Gee great way to get the right people into important roles :eek:

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Jason Irvine is a gear steward. He has nothing to do with anything regarding the running of anything at the club. He simply makes sure all training gear is located at the site they train, beverages and drinks supplied daily to players and staff at training, game day he ensures the sheds are right to go and double checks the equipment.

He has nothing to do with player contracts.

He was a bit more than a gear steward, but like you said he had nothing to do with contracts.

emjaycee

Coach

Do we have a source for the bold bit cause i didnt read that in the linked article?

Incorrect

Coach
Sacked but still getting paid till the end of the year, yep that's Parra.

It's the Parramatta Eels "NewStart Allowance"..... we'll get rid of you, but we'll keep paying you until you find someone else willing to take you on... Cheyse Blair, Matt Ryan, Jocob Loko are all successful beneficiaries of the Parra Eels NewStart Allowance!!

Glenn

First Grade
Hmm maybe just my conspiracy theory (although it wouldn't surprise me if it comes to fruition.) , the Foran deal falls through and he ends up at another club, with BA as an assistant at the same club, DA just happens to land in the coaching position.

Avenger

Immortal
Seems like a lot of people on here get very confused about the role of theboard and that of the CEO and senior management.
One lot get a token payment and oversee the general direction of the running of the club and hire the senior management.
The others are responsible for the day to day running of the club and meeting the rules and regulations that are required of a licensed club. For this they get payed hundreds of thousands of dollars and are expected to work probably 50 hour weeks.

Board members are only required to attend scheduled meetings which are only about 16 a year. If we want them to be across everything and work 40 hour weeks we need to pay them as full time employees.

Why then does Sharp do the majority of our public speaking? When was the last time you saw Politis speak or Pappas from South Sydney? This is the job for the CEO not the Chairman. As I keep saying nobody seems to know who the boss is. There is a serious lack of leadership.

Sharp isn't even a full time employee of Parramatta yet he speaks about nearly everything.

oh, a conspiracy theory, was only a matter of time

but BA was part of the contract negotiations if you believe one of the media articles quoted above

I mentioned BA as part of it in my post. Theoretically, according to my crazy theory, he knows he is being white-anted by DA so he gets in on the act to protect himself.

If, as suggested in a recent post, the BA clause stays in the contract then he has done well out of this (if my crazy conspiracy theory is true).

Does anyone think it is a coincidence that SS got the arse the week before this comes out? The Board find the (theoretically) secretly inserted clause, wait until Rd. 13 is over, pull the pin, sack SS and then scramble to save the deal.

(Theoretically) it all fits. It explains how the Board didn't know, it is based upon well known information relating to the statuses of BA and SS (as well as being backed up by the subsequent release of SS after Rd. 13 and the retention of the BA clause in the contract).

As a matter of fact, it is the most logical explanation of how all of this happened that has so far been offered. NOTE: That does not in any way mean I am insisting that it happened. Once again, it is simply the most logical explanation offered yet to cover all available information.

emjaycee

Coach
Why then does Sharp do the majority of our public speaking? When was the last time you saw Politis speak or Pappas from South Sydney? This is the job for the CEO not the Chairman. As I keep saying nobody seems to know who the boss is. There is a serious lack of leadership.

Sharp isn't even a full time employee of Parramatta yet he speaks about nearly everything.

Seward was the media hog wasn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.