What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suitman

Post Whore
Because No one knows about it at the moment, right?

More bad press, regardless of how frustrated these people are, is not what this club needs right now.

If they want to voice their frustration and displeasure with how the club is run, they should do it in two ways.

Attend the AGM and voice their concerns there, and vote in the elections.

Going out in public knowing that the media will jump all over them in a blatant attempt to undermine and drag Parra further through the mud is an insult to the club, and not the actions of true Eels supporters.

I'm sorry, but we have been patient, been good little fans and sat in the corner, and voted before. Where has it got us?
Do you REALLY think our publicity in the media can get any worse? Really? Haha!
We thought the change to 3P would move us forward. Wrong.
We thought the change to Sharp and Co. would move us forward. Wrong.
There are still people here who think that if Foran does come, and we start winning a few games, all this will be forgotten. Wrong.

The club, it's whole setup, and the people involved in it, both past and present, are cancers.

As I said, I have no qualms with fans who want to organise a protest rally.
Good on them, and tbh, if thousands turned up, it would do more good than not having one at all.

Suity

Kornstar

Coach
I'm sorry, but we have been patient, been good little fans and sat in the corner, and voted before. Where has it got us?
There are still people here who think that if Foran does come, and we start winning a few games, all this will be forgotten. Wrong.

The club, it's whole setup, and the people involved in it, both past and present, are cancers.

Good on them, and tbh, if thousands turned up, it would do more good than not having one at all.

Suity

It will only be beneficial if thousands do turn up imo.

Otherwise it just looks silly.

The guy orgainsing one of them though clearly has other agendas so maybe the purpose of it is for the wrong attention and will also look stupid when there are corruption allegations etc.

Suity
The biggest problem is we will never get good top business people who run successful big businesses to run for the board due to the the few who can't let go and have to drag everything through the media and bag off who ever runs or is on the board.
Would you risk having you name dragged through the mud and the chance it could hurt your own business to run on the board?
Thats the problem, piss off all those off away from the club and we can start to move forward but they can't let go and the media who they talk to love it so they keep coming back to them for more dirt.
Thats why we will never get a good board with good governance til the ones hanging on move on.

Gronk

Staff member

Suity

IF Foran comes, then it will be a vote for Sharp that he (Foran) is prepared to allow them to do their job and effect change.

If Foran jumps ship then we need (either voluntarily or otherwise) an old head to immediately enter into the club and take over as CEO or whatever capacity is appropriate. Quayle has been mentioned. Someone like him (Not Fitzy) who can effect change and give the market confidence.

ash411

Bench

Suity

I agree in spirit with pretty much everything you're saying, I'm frustrated too, believe me. I share the anger and disappointment in the way the club is going, both on and off the field, I'm sure we all do.

I didn't say worse publicity, I said more. we need to get the hell out of the papers for a while.

A protest march is not going to accomplish that, it's also not going to accomplish anything at the club either. Do you really think if thousands of people turn up at Parra town hall with their signs all done up with texta & glitter that the board will head down with their resignations all typed up and hand them over to the mob?

It's a publicity stunt, that's all it is. What is the thing we don't need? publicity.

Hence, we don't need this protest.

IF Foran comes, then it will be a vote for Sharp that he (Foran) is prepared to allow them to do their job and effect change.

If Foran jumps ship then we need (either voluntarily or otherwise) an old head to immediately enter into the club and take over as CEO or whatever capacity is appropriate. Quayle has been mentioned. Someone like him (Not Fitzy) who can effect change and give the market confidence.

If Foran does come it's a vote for sharp???? lol You serious.
Is that the spin The plumbers mob are now putting on this?? It's a vote for sharp...?!! LOL FMD

It's screw up after screw up....Sharp is screwed no matter what he does as this is the final straw. The Foran debacle has just exposed the "good governance and other stuff" that sharp has implemented which absolutely JACK SHIT.

If Foran comes....He's coming for brad Arthur everybody knows this. Foran won't becoming for Sharp.
Sharp should do is all a favour and just get the fekk outta of our club and the NRL bring someone in with half a brain.

Kornstar

Coach
Is that the spin The plumbers mob are now putting on this?? It's a vote for sharp...?!! LOL FMD

It's screw up after screw up....Sharp is screwed no matter what he does as this is the final straw. The Foran debacle has just exposed the "good governance and other stuff" that sharp has implemented which absolutely JACK SHIT.

If Foran comes....He's coming for brad Arthur everybody knows this. Foran won't becoming for Sharp.
Sharp should do is all a favour and just get the fekk outta of our club and the NRL bring someone in with half a brain.

There are probably a lot of people who should stand down but who the f**k do we replace them with? The old mob? The old, old mob? Some of the new ones who tried to run recently?

We are f**ked no matter what!

cv8z

Juniors

There are 4.8 million reasons if Foran comes and sharp isn't one them
Maybe one of the clauses should be sharp step down :D:D

ash411

Bench
There are probably a lot of people who should stand down but who the f**k do we replace them with? The old mob? The old, old mob? Some of the new ones who tried to run recently?

Roy Spag... I Mean Ray Had.. I mean Mark Riddell for Chairman!

Gronk

Staff member

Well that was predictable.

Independent board we need clean slate, let's get the NRL involved, sterlo, Quayle, Moss. Let these guys have 4 years in charge with no elections so they can change things around inc the clubs constitution. Complete independence from any previous board memebers or management.

eels_fan

First Grade
This afternoons article on news:

Peats fakes injury to avoid playing for the team who stole his car, as evidenced by his 12km walk with 'fake' knee injury

Oscarman

Juniors
Do other clubs have this board level shit going as much as we seem to? Is it just not in the media as often?

Gronk

Staff member
Do other clubs have this board level shit going as much as we seem to? Is it just not in the media as often?

We are cursed with the ghosts of Fitzgerald and Spagnolo who have vowed to haunt the corridors of the Leagues Club for eternity.

<queue Ghostbusters theme>

ash411

Bench
Independent board we need clean slate, let's get the NRL involved, sterlo, Quayle, Moss. Let these guys have 4 years in charge with no elections so they can change things around inc the clubs constitution. Complete independence from any previous board memebers or management.

I actually agree that a clean slate with none of the previous factions being represented could be a workable solution, who those people should be, I won't comment on cause I have no clue.

I'm not sure that having anyone previously involved with the club (player, administrator or otherwise) is a good idea, although I wouldn't bee too upset to see Sterlo there if he wanted to, but if he did, he would have by now.

But the ONLY way any of that would work, is if the other guys walked away and left hem alone, for good. Otherwise they are doomed to fail, as anyone is. Since all this factioning non-sense began nobody has been able to run this club successfully, and that is no coincidence. It doesn't matter who is in there while we have people waiting in the wings, and hiding in shadows willing them to fail.

ash411

Bench

Probably, I understand things at the Sharks aren't so rosy..

Parra are low hanging fruit, that's why we get so much media attention.

We are cursed with the ghosts of Fitzgerald and Spagnolo who have vowed to haunt the corridors of the Leagues Club for eternity.

<queue Ghostbusters theme>

We are also cursed with THE GHOST OF SPEECH IMPAIRED PLUMBER....

(Que Bunnings / mitre 10 theme song)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 0

You make a lot of sense Jake but I would suggest two years is all that is needed. Most people (in the business world anyway) will readily acknowledge the long established and proven fact: That the people in charge of a failed business are rarely "qualified" to get that same business back on track.

BennyBoy

Juniors

Suity
:thumb Well said, you truly are one of the very few people on here with no agenda that honestly speaks for the average eel's fan in the street IMO. I just can't understand how people can be so blindly partisan to even attempt to excuse the diabolical mess being played out in the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts