What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gronk

Staff member
Yeah I don't get the Rory hate. He's a beast @ 120kgs. Got a few MOMs this year for Cutters from what I can see.

OBrien.jpg

ash411

Bench
Morgan is described as a "versatile part of our back line".

#backup

I doubt anyone is under any illusions that he is anything more than a backup. definitely a depth signing, and not a bad one..

Before the "I hate Morgs" club attack, remember I said a good depth signing. D E P T H.

Noise

Coach
I doubt anyone is under any illusions that he is anything more than a backup. definitely a depth signing, and not a bad one..

Before the "I hate Morgs" club attack, remember I said a good depth signing. D E P T H.

He becomes depth when we have 2 first grade centres on the books. At the moment we only have Taka.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Seriously, how do they keep doing this.

UNUSUAL as it is, there is little wonder a bidding war broke out for the signature of Jayden Nikorima before his 19th birthday. Before he has even played a single game in the NRL.

Brisbane captain Justin Hodges called him one of the fastest players he’s ever seen and his versatility across the back line and at hooker is incredibly rare — not to mention valuable.

But how does a rookie half secure himself a $200,000 a season with one of the best clubs in the competition? It’s almost unprecedented. But watching the highlights of his Junior Kangaroos, Under-20s Queensland Origin and Broncos career and it becomes crystal clear that this teen can achieve anything.

Smaller than the average NYC player but with a stocky, strong build, Nikorima has a deft kicking game, a sharp pass and most importantly, bravery. He runs the ball and takes on the line with virtually no concern for personal safety.

This week on the Market Watch podcast it’s a Robbie Farah special, with Titans coach Neil Henry joining Brett Kimmorley and the boys to take an in-depth look at the star hooker’s contract saga.

He can cover fullback, centre, five-eighth or hooker. And he looks like the guy to add x-factor to the Roosters when fullback Roger Tuivasa-Sheck leaves for the Warriors at the end of the season.

It’s not a matter of if he will play first grade, but when.

Two of the most promising young talents coming out of Queensland, his older brother Kodi has already cracked the top grade for the Broncos, but 18-year-old Jayden had bigger decisions to make.

The Broncos didn’t want to lose him. He led their under-20s to the grand final last year.

Craig Bellamy was chasing him to serve an apprenticeship under Cooper Cronk, but in the end young Jayden could not pass up the chance to work with Trent Robinson and at the Roosters.

His versatility means he can challenge young Jackson Hastings for the five-eighth spot next year, or potentially Latrell Mitchell at fullback.

Either way, the Roosters win.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...-jayden-nikorima/story-fn2mcuj6-1227499599202

BoneyBlake17

Juniors

Their recruitment manager peter o'sullivan is pretty good as much as i cant stand him as he was at melbourne for all those years when they cheated the cap. But he did spot israel folau and greg inglis at a very young age so he obviously has a good eye for talent i reckon.

You only have to look at the young kids that the roosters have like kane evans, jackson hastings and latrell mitchell even though he hasnt played first grade are rated the best young talent in the game.

Parra47

Juniors
Good to see Alvaro get another year, he will only improve. The less said about the other two the better.

Agree. I've been a fan of Alvero this year. As for O'Brian, why?? He's only managed three NRL games this year in a struggling Dragons pack. Would much rather Wakeman from the Dragons, from what I've seen he's a better player.

Last edited:

Parra47

Juniors
Maybe he didn't want to come whereas O'Brien was happy to take a 2nd tier deal at another Sydney club?

Maybe? However I think Wakeman would be keen on coming to a club like ours where he might be a chance of breaking into the NRL. Its not happening for him at the Dragons.
Anyway happy with Alvero, been a supporter of him all year.

Last Week

Bench
Their recruitment manager peter o'sullivan is pretty good as much as i cant stand him as he was at melbourne for all those years when they cheated the cap. But he did spot israel folau and greg inglis at a very young age so he obviously has a good eye for talent i reckon.

You only have to look at the young kids that the roosters have like kane evans, jackson hastings and latrell mitchell even though he hasnt played first grade are rated the best young talent in the game.

Everyone saw those two coming from a mile away. The Melbourne Storm weren't the only ones with scouts in Queensland.

Status
Not open for further replies.