What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yes well have a 2nd tier cap thing, don't we. Who else would you have picked under the circumstances ?
What are the excuses for the last 4 years????

Next year in the centres we have only Taka and Morgan signed up, yeah back up depth :?

Noise

Coach
Does re-signing Morgan mean we're keeping Hoppa? That's the way I read this signing anyways.

How so? It could mean he's now our first choice centre becasue we are paying hoppa to play elsewhere. Could mean Morgan's the backup to whoever replaces Hoppa, or it could mean as you think that Morgan will be backup to Hoppa

Kornstar

Coach
How so? It could mean he's now our first choice centre becasue we are paying hoppa to play elsewhere. Could mean Morgan's the backup to whoever replaces Hoppa, or it could mean as you think that Morgan will be backup to Hoppa

I don't know, just the first thing I thought is all.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Maybe? However I think Wakeman would be keen on coming to a club like ours where he might be a chance of breaking into the NRL. Its not happening for him at the Dragons.
Anyway happy with Alvero, been a supporter of him all year.

Not sure on the dragons but I'd say we have more props than they do. At our club he'd be behind: Mannah, Jnr, Wicks, Alvaro. And then probably in line with Hasson, Terepo and Tanginoa if he comes. So I wouldn't think he'd have more of a chance than at a club that has creagh playing in the middle.

Parra47

Juniors
Not sure on the dragons but I'd say we have more props than they do. At our club he'd be behind: Mannah, Jnr, Wicks, Alvaro. And then probably in line with Hasson, Terepo and Tanginoa if he comes. So I wouldn't think he'd have more of a chance than at a club that has creagh playing in the middle.

What I was saying is if we are signing a prop I don't understand why we are signing O'Brien. Watching their NSW Cup team this year, Wakeman is playing a lot better. Don't know why we didnt go after him? There must be some problem with Wakeman's game but apart from seeming to tire in his second stints, I cant see it.

Chipmunk

Coach

Are you serious about Alvaro ahead of Terepo?

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
What I was saying is if we are signing a prop I don't understand why we are signing O'Brien. Watching their NSW Cup team this year, Wakeman is playing a lot better. Don't know why we didnt go after him? There must be some problem with Wakeman's game but apart from seeming to tire in his second stints, I cant see it.

Maybe we did but he didn't want to leave or wanted more than we were willing to pay for our #7 or #8 prop. Remember, you can only sign the players that want to come to your club.

Avenger

Immortal
We have a serious lack of pace in the backs. Morgan runs like a scared kid being chased by a mad clown. Why then wouldn't we re-sign Robinson before him? I just don't get it. Surely we should not have re-signed Vai Toutai and Morgan so that we can afford to keep Reece? I don't get the logic.

Yes Ryan is my youngest daughter

The bloke on the cover of the DVD does look familiar:

ryans_daughter_ver4.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066319/

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We have a serious lack of pace in the backs. Morgan runs like a scared kid being chased by a mad clown. Why then wouldn't we re-sign Robinson before him? I just don't get it. Surely we should not have re-signed Vai Toutai and Morgan so that we can afford to keep Reece? I don't get the logic.

Morgan and Toutai can defend at centre. Robinson can't. Robinson also wants to play fullback, meaning he will be chasing fullback money.

These merkins are all contracted for next year:

Faraimo
Folau
French
Gordon
Lavaka
Morgan
Moss
Radradra
Takairangi
Toutai

We can scrape together a competitive 1-5 out of that lot, surely. They won't be our team's strength (except for Radradra, the best attacking winger in the game) but our forwards and halves will make their job a lot easier in attack and defence.

Last edited:

As I've explained before....if Reece is on a match payments-heavy contract this year, he will be quite expensive to re-sign for 2016. We'll have got a free ride on the match payments this year, but they'll all hit us next year (only if we re-sign him)....which means that other clubs will find Robbo cheaper to sign than we will. Hope will still sign him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.