What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
He has/does. Do you think Beau Scott will be the right centre next season if Hopoate doesn not stay?

As long as he is still mobile enough, I reckon there is a fair chance he could be starting at centre. Probably comes down to, who is the preferred starter Moeroa / Morgan and if we want maybe Edwards/hooker on the bench.

Look at the unfair advantage the Chooks have

But what would you actually do? i.e. what rules could be legally imposed that either prohibits players being paid by third parties, or assesses 100% of a player's personal income (+ beneficial income) on the cap? I just don't see how it could be done.

strider

Post Whore
Scott at centre? ..... really? .... we may aswell just have the team run out with a banner at the start of games saying "Hey, we will be sending all out attack down the other side"

strider

Post Whore
But what would you actually do? i.e. what rules could be legally imposed that either prohibits players being paid by third parties, or assesses 100% of a player's personal income (+ beneficial income) on the cap? I just don't see how it could be done.

I agree ... nothing can really be done

Chipmunk

Coach
As long as he is still mobile enough, I reckon there is a fair chance he could be starting at centre. Probably comes down to, who is the preferred starter Moeroa / Morgan and if we want maybe Edwards/hooker on the bench.

Fair call. I actually don't think what you said was a bad idea if Hopoate doesn't re-sign and we don't sign any more players.

Scott at centre? ..... really? .... we may aswell just have the team run out with a banner at the start of games saying "Hey, we will be sending all out attack down the other side"

It's not knowing what the opposition is going to do that it is the hard part, it's knowing how to stop it. If you execute anything well it will work. Having said that, execution is not Parra's strong point.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

Why? Not really. Moeroa is improving each game and could attack in the centre position, don't think many centres would like to tackle him all game. Add Foran to that side, along with a few structured plays involving a proper fullback, that side could be easily provide some decent attack.

Plus putting Scott at centre could give Edwards a bench spot who is very good in attack and could be interchanged with Moeroa.

Last edited:

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

Like we currently do? Most teams have a stronger side that they attack with anyway. They make metres down one side of the field and then set up a sweeping opportunity down the other side. Most teams' best sides are their left because most halves are right-handed and it's easier to pass right to left.

As long as your halves on both sides of the field are good enough to pick the right play then most of the time the centre can get in a good attacking opportunity. The really good centres, the ones you pay top dollar for, are able to create their own space.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
It'd be a big call and I think it would be highly unlikely for us to do it in Round 1 but there may be a small chance of it happening. If French stars in the pre-season he could be an option for fullback with Gordon going to right centre?

Chipmunk

Coach
It'd be a big call and I think it would be highly unlikely for us to do it in Round 1 but there may be a small chance of it happening. If French stars in the pre-season he could be an option for fullback with Gordon going to right centre?

Surely if they thought French was any chance of starting 2016 in the NRL that they would at least have him the NSW Cup these last two weeks of the season?

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Surely if they thought French was any chance of starting 2016 in the NRL that they would at least have him the NSW Cup these last two weeks of the season?

Could be an NYC cap thing that we're forced to play him there. We mightn't be able to bring anyone else in. The only other two players I could think of that have played a game for the NYC would be Anthony Layoun who would be a straight swap and has played 1 game in the NYC on the wing. Or we could have Troy Dargan come into the halves and then we'd have to put Michael Doolan to fullback.

Chipmunk

Coach
Could be an NYC cap thing that we're forced to play him there. We mightn't be able to bring anyone else in. The only other two players I could think of that have played a game for the NYC would be Anthony Layoun who would be a straight swap and has played 1 game in the NYC on the wing. Or we could have Troy Dargan come into the halves and then we'd have to put Michael Doolan to fullback.

Well we're playing Davis in the NSW Cup this weekend. Surely if French was a chance of starting in the NRL team at the start of 2016, we would just play him in NSW Cup and Davis at FB in the 20s

Gronk

Staff member
Well we're playing Davis in the NSW Cup this weekend. Surely if French was a chance of starting in the NRL team at the start of 2016, we would just play him in NSW Cup and Davis at FB in the 20s

See 40/20's post today about French in the NYC thread. French will be in 20's for at least the start of 2016.

Davis is playing FB because Via & Falou are playing centres.

Chipmunk

Coach
See 40/20's post today about French in the NYC thread. French will be in 20's for at least the start of 2016.

Davis is playing FB because Via & Falou are playing centres.

Don't tell me mate, tell the poster who said that French could start at Fullback in the NRL at the start of 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts