What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and More Crap V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The fellow who rang "sarg", rings up at least 2-3 times per week and is usually giving some type of gossip about the manly club. just thought I'd add it as it wasn't an anonymous person and I have heard our interest in DL here and there.

We definately would be letting one of the props go if this guy came across right?

We've got four coming off contract so yeah, probably.

Juniors
This guy sarg was adamant that he was coming next year, been listening to this show since 04 and he usually doesnt give much away unless he certain...

Anyway time will tell, massive signing for us if true..

Eels Dude

Coach
I'd like to see more of Lussick before I comment. The bloke has only played half a dozen first grade games. If it wasn't for the Manly v Melbourne match nobody would have heard of him. May have cost him a few games suspension, but added tens of thousands of dollars to his next contract.

ROGUE

Juniors
I'd like to see more of Lussick before I comment. The bloke has only played half a dozen first grade games. If it wasn't for the Manly v Melbourne match nobody would have heard of him. May have cost him a few games suspension, but added tens of thousands of dollars to his next contract.

True that let's not forget Aaron Cannings who'd impressed at manly also

Stagger eel

Staff member
With the sort of money that could be freed up we could be looking at another very busy year for Nolan and Kearney

Kornstar

Coach
Have you ever thought about the fact he just may want to go?

I have heard from someone close to Fui that he is finally ready for his pay day in England after staying loyal to us many times.........he completely deserves it too, hope he gets double over there, worth every penny imo!!!!

mickdo

Coach
Be very surprised if Fui doesn't move on. He's played his guts out for us so good luck to him!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The thing about value is it means different things to different consumers/customers.

The value of a football player is determined by the teams interested in paying him to play for them. In Fui's case, there are certainly other teams to whom Fui represents more value than he does to us - mostly due to our excellent depth and quality in the front row.

Assuming the club is interested in retaining a 32-year old front-rower (not necessarily a bad move but you do have to think about the growing possibility of injury and reduced effectiveness in a player this side of 30), they would have put a value on him, and this would represent the upper limit of any negotiated salary.

In my opinion there would have to be clubs either more desperate or weaker in the front-row who would have set a higher value on him, and would therefore be prepared to pay him more and probably for longer.

Jodeci

Bench
Don't expect the club to rush out and buy superstars.

Priority is to lock up a lot of our young kids and the club will be doing that first.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
How about the middle ground - rush out and buy talented kids. There's no reason to stop doing that is there? It's worked for Manly and Melbourne.

With Hayne, Sandow and soon Hopoate we don't need any more superstars.

Suitman

Post Whore
How about the middle ground - rush out and buy talented kids. There's no reason to stop doing that is there? It's worked for Manly and Melbourne.

With Hayne, Sandow and soon Hopoate we don't need any more superstars.

We're already out buying the talented kids.

Suity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts