What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and More Crap V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The football office will need to put on another girl to take the calls from players wanting to be part of the Eels in 2013 and beyond.

We were shit last year and had no problem signing players. Why would it be any different this year?

Players just want to get paid. Look at them queuing up to sign with the Titans.

newmanj

Juniors
My information on the potential signing of Willie Mason, is that the coach said "over my dead body", approximately 6 weeks ago.

Probably the right response. I cant really see Willie Mason being the person that will bind the club together, although he would be good for a bit of mongrel in our forwards. We are soft in the forwards, and it is a well known fact. Has been the case for a number of years.

eel01s

Bench
My information on the potential signing of Willie Mason, is that the coach said "over my dead body", approximately 6 weeks ago.

Probably the right response. I cant really see Willie Mason being the person that will bind the club together, although he would be good for a bit of mongrel in our forwards. We are soft in the forwards, and it is a well known fact. Has been the case for a number of years.

newmanj, in your opinion, is our current predicament due to the players of the coach? Do you back SK?

newmanj

Juniors
Eel01s, i do not know the reason. I have been assured that there is no issue between the players, but it seems that there is. I have been assured the SK is up to the task, but it seems he isnt.

What i do know, is that the performance of our team over the last 5 years, bar 10 games in 2009, has not been up to scratch. The reasons for this need to be looked at and analysed by someone outside the club, and addressed once and for all. Sort of like what the Australian Cricket Board did after the ashes disaster. A decision to do this review would take tremendous courage on the part of our board, and i am not sure that they have fortitude to do this. If left unaddressed, these issues may never be dealt with, and we will be having these discussions for the next decade. We have the basis of a tremendous club, with finance, facilities, junior talent, and a tremendous supporter base, but it will all come to nothing if the root cause of the problems are not addressed. I am not sure what they are, but we need to know, and address them.

Rant over.

Eels forever.

Gronk

Staff member
Eel01s, i do not know the reason. I have been assured that there is no issue between the players, but it seems that there is. I have been assured the SK is up to the task, but it seems he isnt.

What i do know, is that the performance of our team over the last 5 years, bar 10 games in 2009, has not been up to scratch. The reasons for this need to be looked at and analysed by someone outside the club, and addressed once and for all. Sort of like what the Australian Cricket Board did after the ashes disaster. A decision to do this review would take tremendous courage on the part of our board, and i am not sure that they have fortitude to do this. If left unaddressed, these issues may never be dealt with, and we will be having these discussions for the next decade. We have the basis of a tremendous club, with finance, facilities, junior talent, and a tremendous supporter base, but it will all come to nothing if the root cause of the problems are not addressed. I am not sure what they are, but we need to know, and address them.

Rant over.

Eels forever.

Ando said as much on abc on the weekend.

Eels Dude

Coach

Rant over.

Eels forever.

That's a good post and I said a similar thing yesterday, someone sort of independent needs to come in and look at what's going on. Unfortunately only an outsider may be able to work out the internal problem as there seem so many divisions and no-one seems able to locate the problem themselves.

Delboy

First Grade

Rant over.

Eels forever.

That is the issue in a nutshell, someone needs to grasp this firmly and just go and get the answer. Like a number of people I believed SK would turn the place around, whilst there are some small improvements, it feels like we are spinning around with nothing to stop the spiral. If the past 3 coaches (all with decent resume's couldn't find a solution, then someone on the board needs to act)

In a real business, this situation would not be tolerated, and there would be a strong line taken to get answers, that needs to be done sooner rather than later.

Suitman

Post Whore
then someone on the board needs to act)

In a real business, this situation would not be tolerated, and there would be a strong line taken to get answers, that needs to be done sooner rather than later.

Someone on the board? I'd rather the board act as a combined family to find a solution. What that solution is is anyone's guess at the moment.
I'm actually a firm believer that if we can snag one win, it will do our confidence the world of good, and could possibly turn all this around. The players have lost all belief it seems and a victory could return that belief.
Where that victory is going to come from, god knows.

Suity

Casper The Ghost

First Grade

Rant over.

Eels forever.

I will fix the problem.. if i'm invited.
And I'll do all this work for (commercially) free, no contracts or fees attached.
With full-support and co-operation from those in and around the club I will get to the bottom of all this shit real fast, rout it all out and together with others, bring in a remedy to get our club back on track ASAP this year, ideally before round 12. I'm still confident we have a squad capabable of making a strong run at least into the top 8.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
And I'll do all this work for (commercially) free, no contracts or fees attached.
With full-support and co-operation from those in and around the club I will get to the bottom of all this shit real fast, rout it all out and together with others, bring in a remedy to get our club back on track ASAP this year, ideally before round 12. I'm still confident we have a squad capabable of making a strong run at least into the top 8.
:lol: I'm sure you'd be at the top of Bentley's list.

SDM

First Grade

:lol:

f**kING DELUSIONAL

Utey

Coach

Are you f*cking geniused?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts