What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and More Crap V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I heard or read somewhere that Lewis Brown is off to the panthers

That's what i'm saying. Both players were on the market and considering our second row is about to lose alot of experience and is soft as shit i'm surprised we weren't in for them. (We might of been though who knows.)

Fwiw, Anasta is off to the Tigers.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
@ReadingThePlay said:
My mail from a reliable postman yday was Cronk is staying at Storm. We'll see one way or another if the mail is reliable tomorrow!! #nrl
28/03/2012 19:44

@ReadingThePlay said:
BTW, same mailman told me 6 wks ago of a signing done & dusted at the Eels that hit the papers in the last few days
28/03/2012 20:04

#MoreSauce

Parra Pride

Referee
That's what i'm saying. Both players were on the market and considering our second row is about to lose alot of experience and is soft as shit i'm surprised we weren't in for them. (We might of been though who knows.)

Fwiw, Anasta is off to the Tigers.

No one can replace Hindy, as far as signing a backrower I really don't think our backrow would look that bad if it was:

11. Paulo
12. Williams
13. Maitua

#AssumingWeSignTRex

Parra Pride

Referee
If I was SK (and assuming we do sign T-Rex) after that, I wouldn't sign anyone else, I would take every cent of cap space we had left, I would then get as many third party deals as humanly possible and offer Hayne a contract he couldn't refuse.

#WeNeedToMakeHayneAnEelForLife

TheRam

Coach
If I was SK (and assuming we do sign T-Rex) after that, I wouldn't sign anyone else, I would take every cent of cap space we had left, I would then get as many third party deals as humanly possible and offer Hayne a contract he couldn't refuse.

Exactly PP. Williams and then Hayne. Then whatever is left can go for other signings if available.

TheRam

Coach
Hasn't Marshall already been tried at 7 and failed badly? Also Anasta is not a consistantly good 5/8th, he is a ball playing lock and always will be.

Maroubra Eel

Coach

Hindy, Burt, Smith, Shack, Poore will free up about $1.5M.
So then we offer T-Rex $400K and increase Hayne by the remaining $1.1M. Sounds like an offer Hayne couldn't refuse.

Parra Pride

Referee
Exactly PP. Williams and then Hayne. Then whatever is left can go for other signings if available.

Williams and making Hayne an Eel for life should take priority, after that is sorted all we would need is a competent Hooker, if everything goes our way a starting 13 in 2013-14 that looks like this:

1. Hayne
2. Sio
3. Tonga/Hopoate in 2014
4. Loko/Hopoate in 2014 if Tonga is still with us
5. Blair

6. Roberts
7. Sandow

8. Mannah
9. Keating/A competent hooker
10. Allgood
11. Paulo
12. Williams
13. Maitua

Would be quite good.

#MakeItHappenSK

Parra Pride

Referee
Segeyaro would be great as a bench hooker to come on after 25 odd minutes, if SK used him how he uses McGuire however he would be wasted.

#Wouldn'tMindHavingSegeyaroThough

yy_cheng

Coach
Read in the paper this morning that apparently Inu wants to come back to Aus and play for either us or bulldogs (to be near family).

would you take him back?

i would get him back straight away (obviously only if cheap). And sign till the end of next year.

Full strength team for this year could look like this: (with Loko out for season)

1. hayne
2. Sio
3. W.Tonga
4. E.Tonga
5. Inu

I would play inu as a edge back rower. He is tough and still has good footwork

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Don't forget Williams can't replace four blokes by himself - we would need to sign four kids out of the academy to fill out the depth spots in the squad. That's another $200k, so we could only realistically offer Hayne $850k and let's face it, that's not really a lot of money considering he'll be expected to work weekends.

yy_cheng

Coach
Don't forget Williams can't replace four blokes by himself - we would need to sign four kids out of the academy to fill out the depth spots in the squad. That's another $200k, so we could only realistically offer Hayne $850k and let's face it, that's not really a lot of money considering he'll be expected to work weekends.

He probably eats the same as 4 blokes

Status
Not open for further replies.