What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Other Assorted Crap VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, Bradford Bulls have entered administration, which will become receivership if a buyer is not found in the next 10 days. Could be some players looking for a team (and the best option had a heart attack on the team bus a few weeks back).

Forty20

First Grade
PARRA DEAL IN TATTERS

Parramatta has failed in a bold big to lure disgruntled back-rower Luke Lewis away from arch rivals Penrith. Eels coach Stephen Kearney phoned the Blues Origin star's management last week to sound out the chances of snatching Lewis before the June 30 transfer deadline. Lewis was disappointed after being stripped of the club captaincy, but his handlers told the Eels the dispute won't result in Lewis quitting the club.

RYAN BRUSHES EEL DEAL

Parramatta's plight in attracting players for 2013 was starkly illustrated with the Ryan Hinchcliffe saga last week. Storm officials, fully aware of a massive $300,000-plus per season offer the Eels had made, were resigned to losing Hinchcliffe. But the busy forward turned his back on the big dollars to stay with his mates in a major slap to the struggling Eels.

RLW putting the boot into us this week...

Got to love the Lewis headline. We apparently sound him out and his management say no to an immediate transfer and thus the deal is now in tatters.

Last edited:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
RLW putting the boot into us this week...

Got to love the Lewis headline. We apparently sound him out and his management say no to an immediate transfer and thus the deal is now in tatters.

Yeah funny how they forgot to mention the sharks also tried get Lewis .

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No one can replace Hindy.

#Irreplaceable

Jeremy Smith says otherwise.

But we have signed Darcy Lussick. He must be a good player

#StartedAFightOnce

If only we had more players with the balls to stick up for their mates. The only current Eel I've ever seen rush to another's aid was Reni Maitua at Wenty last year.

It's fashionable to talk about fighting as a negative quality (though amusing that you're averse to violence while still being interested in rugby league), but starting a fight shows plenty of qualities that are useful in a rugby league player.

I don't advocate we go back to a time when blokes could make rep teams based on their fighting ability, but don't discount courage, mateship and aggression in a player. They are qualities on the wane in our society. At least when we're sober.

Tony Bongo

Bench

If only we had more players with the balls to stick up for their mates. The only current Eel I've ever seen rush to another's aid was Reni Maitua at Wenty last year.

It's fashionable to talk about fighting as a negative quality (though amusing that you're averse to violence while still being interested in rugby league), but starting a fight shows plenty of qualities that are useful in a rugby league player.

I don't advocate we go back to a time when blokes could make rep teams based on their fighting ability, but don't discount courage, mateship and aggression in a player. They are qualities on the wane in our society. At least when we're sober.

Tim Mannah rushed in once this year to stick up for someone which I was impressed with.

hindy111

Post Whore
Yeah i think we give steve one more year just for the sake of it .
It hasnt been a god year.But he came into a mess.He has an average team and we all want miracles.Unless people on here know for certain that players are unhappy with him i say stick with him for one more

mull

Juniors
more courage to run at defensive line then to throw a punch or 2

Last edited:

Avenger

Immortal
Two caps will fit

Ricky Stuart is still yet to halt the Maroons' six-year dominance of State of Origin but star utility Luke Lewis insists he must remain at the helm of the NSW Origin team. ''He's that good that even if he does go to Parramatta as an NRL coach I think he has to do this, too,'' Lewis said. ''What he has done for Origin has been outstanding.''

http://m.smh.com.au/sport/on-the-ro...rs-his-head-20120626-210ln.html#ixzz1yx90fkm7

Last edited:

Craig Johnston

First Grade
Two caps will fit

Ricky Stuart is still yet to halt the Maroons' six-year dominance of State of Origin but star utility Luke Lewis insists he must remain at the helm of the NSW Origin team. ''He's that good that even if he does go to Parramatta as an NRL coach I think he has to do this, too,'' Lewis said. ''What he has done for Origin has been outstanding.''

http://m.smh.com.au/sport/on-the-ro...rs-his-head-20120626-210ln.html#ixzz1yx90fkm7

luke lewis also quoted this week that he needs more media training

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Why would Lewis think Sticky is going to Parra? Has he been spending time with him lately? Maybe heard something?

Gronk

Staff member
Lay off Darcy Mofos. I've been watching him and reckon he goes OK.

#builtlikeabrickshithouse

Parra Pride

Coach
If Lussick was playing for us when he belted a cheating merkin people would be talking up as the next Lazarus.

#Lussick>Haters

Casper The Ghost

First Grade

I've seen Suity perform some incredible gob-smacking courageous acts rushing to the aid of his mate Poo Poo!:crazy::crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.