What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Other Assorted Crap VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gronk

Staff member
Jacob Miller is confusing. A 7 to wear 6 but play like a 7 to compliment Sandow ? Has Ricky given up on Kelly ? Also Sheens has played him once this year, why ?

Utey

Coach
Jacob Miller is confusing. A 7 to wear 6 but play like a 7 to compliment Sandow ? Has Ricky given up on Kelly ? Also Sheens has played him once this year, why ?

Depth you'd assume, he may not have faith in those below Kelly.

oldmancraigy

Coach

He's young only just turned 20. Highly rated by Tigers fans!

competition is a good thing. I didn't see enough from Kelly this year to make me think he's a sure thing to be a half or 5/8 in a premiership winning side. And if he's not, then what's the harm in bringing in competition for the position!! They'd both be very cheap - and 2 cheap talented young halves is a good thing surely?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Also half backs can make good hookers, may be he is going to use one of our halves as a hooker. We only have keating and smith in top 35

parra pete

Referee
The 6 on the Tigers Toyota Cup team....Matt Mulcahy..... is a good player as well...
Can't see Raiders letting Sam Williams go unless they are very confident Campo will be 120% recovered for 2013....Williams was OUTSTANDING in the Raiders 2 finals matches...

parra pete

Referee
Rumours I have heard....Smith to Wests, Sheens to NZ...Be funny if Smithy followed Anasta to Tigers...

oldmancraigy

Coach
The 6 on the Tigers Toyota Cup team....Matt Mulcahy..... is a good player as well...
Can't see Raiders letting Sam Williams go unless they are very confident Campo will be 120% recovered for 2013....Williams was OUTSTANDING in the Raiders 2 finals matches...

Even if Campo will be 160% fit, why release Williams? The bloke (Campo) surely only has another year or 2 left in him? He's already 28 and is injured almost as often as Dave Woods...

TheRam

Coach
Jacob Miller - I've been banging on about him for a while now. He is a real talent, the problem with him though is that he is hot and cold, mentally he goes missing. But that could be down to coaching and still being young. But would be a significant signing for us if it were to happen and Sticky and the boys could get the best out of him. If he could reach close to his full potential he would be the best half at our club bar none and a real star of the game.

parra pete

Referee
Even if Campo will be 160% fit, why release Williams? The bloke (Campo) surely only has another year or 2 left in him? He's already 28 and is injured almost as often as Dave Woods...

True...William's manager pumping up his price....watch for an offer to come from Brumbies :lol:

The Colonel

Immortal

The reason they will look at releasing either Williams or McCrone will be so they can have a clear pathway for their Toyota Cup halfback in Anthony Milford. Have a read of League Confedential. He is only a little fellow but VERY highly rated.

carson

Juniors
The reason they will look at releasing either Williams or McCrone will be so they can have a clear pathway for their Toyota Cup halfback in Anthony Milford. Have a read of League Confedential. He is only a little fellow but VERY highly rated.

Milford is all class and a hell of a goal kicker too...shame he plays for the faiders!!!

parra pete

Referee
Milford is an absolute stand out. Will be a star of the NRL

You are not wrong. He is a SouthsLogan product and is apparently 'homesick' (according to the Fox commentators last week), and they seemed to think he will end up at the Broncos down the track.

I will be interested to watch him against WestsTigers Matt Mulcahy tomorrow...and also Edrick Lee/Jack Wighton v Marila Koribete...

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...-deciding-future/story-fnca0von-1226479141843

Robbie Farah awaits results of club review before deciding future

by: Margie McDonald
September 22, 2012 12:00AM

PRESSURE has intensified on Wests Tigers after Robbie Farah's manager admitted last night his client's future at the club could hinge on the outcome of the review of its disappointing season.

Farah spent a large part of Thursday night on the phone to his manager, Sam Ayoub, as he and other members of the Tigers squad vented their frustration over club changes.

Ayoub said yesterday Farah had obligations as club captain to let management announce the results of its investigations into 2012 _ the Tigers finished 10th _ before he looks at his own situation.

The 28-year-old is off contract at the end of next season and has already been linked with a move to Parramatta in 2014, which would reunite him with NSW coach Ricky Stuart.

The pair forged a strong bond during this year's State of Origin series and Farah was effusive in his praise for the Blues and now-Parramatta mentor when he won recently the Brad Fittler Medal as NSW's player of the year.

"He's decided not to weigh into it at the moment and let the events pan out," Ayoub said.

"Obviously depending on what happens, it could influence what he does beyond next year."

While Farah is keeping his powder dry, teammate Benji Marshall made his feelings known on The Footy Show on Thursday night when he admitted he was disillusioned with the decision to release senior players, the latest being Beau Ryan and Chris Heighington.

However, the possibility that Farah could also leave will only put more pressure on chief executive Stephen Humphreys as he conducts the review into the Tigers' failings.

Coach Tim Sheens is also under increasing pressure as he becomes the focal point of fan and player anger over the decision to allow some of the club's most influential figures to leave. It is understood talks were ongoing yesterday, but it seems likely the club and Sheens will end their decade-long relationship within days.

There had been speculation the four-time premiership winner could be offered a role as coaching director but it is understood that is not being considered.

Sheens has also been linked with a move to the Warriors, but even if he is unable to find another club, he will remain in coaching with the national team.

Options to replace Sheens include Manly and NSW assistant coach Matt Parish, who played for Balmain and was involved with Farah in his capacity with the Origin side. While Farah is yet to publicly declare his position on Sheens, rumours of player unrest have been circulating since news emerged of the departure of Ryan and Heighington.

It emerged yesterday that a group of players met at a Sydney hotel on Monday night to discuss the situation. It is understood Farah was not among the group.

Towards the end of last year, popular forwards Bryce Gibbs and Andrew Fifita were told to look elsewhere. They both had strong seasons with Cronulla.

Humphreys declined to comment when contacted by The Weekend Australian yesterday. However, some of the club's most prominent supporters remain deeply upset with what has taken place in recent weeks.

lGeorge Mimis has dropped his fight against the six-month ban imposed by the Rugby League Accredited Players Agent Scheme.

Mimis, who heads the SFX Group, was suspended in April along with David Riolo and Isaac Moses of the Titan Management Group in relation to Melbourne's salary-cap breaches that were uncovered in 2010.

Billy Slater, Brett Stewart, Anthony Watmough, Justin Hodges and Darius Boyd are all managed by Mimis, who remains suspended until October 31.

ADDITIONAL REPORTING: AAP

I'm not saying Ricky Stuart will be our saviour and so forth but I believe we are awfully lucky to have secured him when we did. As he was the only credentialed coach available at the time. If the Tigers and Warriors were in the market for a coach at the same time as us, I doubt we would of landed Stuart. Timing is everything.

Gronk

Staff member
I'm not saying Ricky Stuart will be our saviour and so forth but I believe we are awfully lucky to have secured him when we did. As he was the only credentialed coach available at the time. If the Tigers and Warriors were in the market for a coach at the same time as us, I doubt we would of landed Stuart. Timing is everything.

Yep, wooden spooners but we now have an image of a hungry cashed up club.

Can't see Robbie going anywhere though. They'd be up shit creek for 2013 without him.

Yep, wooden spooners but we now have an image of a hungry cashed up club.

Can't see Robbie going anywhere though. They'd be up shit creek for 2013 without him.

If we could land him for 2014 that would be amazing. 2013 will be no better than this year IMO.

I have heard from someone, from somewhere, that the Raiders will eventually let either McCrone or Sam Williams go because of that Milford kid ... who has MASSIVE potential based off the few times I have seen him play. One play of his reminded me of a cross between Thurston and Barba.

*edit: godammit ... heaps of posters got in before me about Milford*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts