What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Other Assorted Crap VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eels Dude

Coach
I didn't see Tonga complaining when the Cowboys let him out of his contract with them a year early so he could return to Sydney and play alongside his brother. It works both ways. These days players and clubs get out of contracts all the time. Of course the club would have to fork out some cash if they release him early and a player isn't going to want to hang around at a club that make it clear they don't want him. In those cases its best for both parties the player moves on.

TheRam

Coach
Maybe we should be looking at picking up someone like this. We have done a lot worse.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ca...ld-return-to-nrl/story-fndujljl-1226513339439

Cage fighting Tai Tuivasa says he would return to NRL
157697-tai-tuivasa.jpg

Ex-Rooster Tai Tuivasa says he would consider a return to the NRL after quitting to take up the fight game. Picture: Brett Costello Source: The Daily Telegraph

TAI Tuivasa had played only a handful of Toyota Cup games this year when he walked out on the Roosters.

He told them he would rather fight.
Since then, this imposing 140kg teenager has won all five cage fights. By knockout. Each in the first round.
Which is why every NRL scout should have a listen to what he says next.
"Would I come back to league? Oh, definitely," Tuivasa said. "Having watched what Sam Kasiano achieved with Canterbury this year, yeah, you start to think maybe you could do it too.
"This season, it was my second with the Roosters but things just weren't working out. I'm a Mount Druitt boy. I was too far from family.
"But maybe if there was a way for me to work through those issues ... "
Now for those NRL scouts not yet scrambling for their mobile phones, know that Tuivasa is a second-generation fighter who, despite taking up the gloves aged four, has been kept from competing by his father Tony.

Instead, young Tai played league - noticed first by Penrith, who whisked him into Harold Matthews a year ahead of time before Roosters recruitment guru Peter O'Sullivan swooped in 2010.
"And I still have no doubt Tai's an NRL player," O'Sullivan said yesterday. "Yes, he has some weight issues but the kid is incredibly athletic, skilful and has a good footy brain.
"He can make it, but he has to want it. We put a lot of work into him here at the Roosters but his heart just wasn't in it."
So instead of starting an NRL pre-season this December, Tuivasa is instead slated for a mixed martial arts bout against retired NRL bad boy John Hopoate.
But first tonight, at a St Mary's event dubbed Gladiators III, the teenager will concede almost 15 years to take on Sydney mixed martial artist Erik Nosa.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Lots of shenanigans going on.

Sticky says Izzy wants to play for us.
We talk to Gareth Hock from Leeds.
Wtonga tweets that he has some big decision.
Today rumours that Leeds are talking to Wtonga

Maybe the Wtonga issue is two fold.

1) so we can use his cash to pay Izzy, and

2) a swap deal might negate the need for a transfer fee for Hock ?

Write one on Schuberts - you might find that he is the hold up....

just sayin ;-)

just on Hock, Wigan are being very challenging at the moment and I think there might be more truth to that Tonga rumour than meets the eye

hindy111

Post Whore
Tonga had no good ball and wasnt in the team when we started to attack.Stilla very good player .
That said if this is his last year im happy to release to give morgan a shot

Eels Dude

Coach
He had some good ball, he just kept on trying to take on the defence himself instead of passing to his winger.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
:)
He had some good ball, he just kept on trying to take on the defence himself instead of passing to his winger.

He made a couple of breaks and passed to his winger but he was not there, thus ball went over the side line - so I gather he gave up - it seemed like there was relationship / knowledge between tonga and his winger

Stagger eel

Staff member
Tonga's best game for us was the Melbourne one right up until he got injured, he absolutely gave their outside men no room..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts