What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and TheRam's whinging XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avenger

Immortal
I doubt Jennings is on 800k a season.... I reckon about 500k a season. Perhaps 50k more. I doubt we would be silly enough too offer silly amounts of money on a centre. I was being sarcastic when i wrote figures down as reported in papers. If they where true we would be over the cap by 2 million dollars.
If copley cost around 250k and roberts was demanding around 400k (thou broncos get for 250k :p) why would we throw 800 at jennings? I doubt many clubs would have had money either and he also wanted to be close to Bella vista.......

With 3rd party he could easily be on at least $650K. I wouldn't have a clue what he is on. I haven't inquired. I was just demonstrating what the other two clowns were on and what opportunity was presented to us when we didn't opt to renew them or they rejected our final offer. Maybe the $800K saved equated to Jennings and Gutherson or Jennings, Cornish and Kelepi.

hindy111

Post Whore
Well lussick was also on overs.... 350k+ So our biggest 3 players on overs left in Sandow-Hoppa-Lussick, That is about 1.5 - 1.8 million a year we where wasting. I am sure there was left overs from Hayne too. Plus Seph leaving may of saved a little more and also Robo & Champion.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Why do you have to say even if true? Anyway those players would have commanded something similar had we opted to keep them. That is why Sandow rejected our $300 odd k take it or leave it offer and Hoppa said no to $500K. Doesn't that equate to what Jennings is on?

We don't know what they were offered, or what they were on. Personally I don't believe we offered Sandow anything. Foran was always going to be his replacement.

Forty20

First Grade
If you believe paper talk we have close to 4 million dollars tied up in just Foran, Watmough, Scott, Jennings and Norman.

You merkins all know it but bigger contract numbers make for far more interesting water cooler talk so the media jacks numbers up for pretty much any contract they blubber on about. This goes for any player and any club.

We have definitely splashed out for 2016 and would be riding the cap threshold (on the lower side of it mind you albeit perhaps pending a player release) but again if paper talk is to be taken as gospel we would be a cool million or two over it.

IFR33K

Coach
Ok. So if the nrl signed off on the Jennings deal, is it safe to assume we have no issues with hoppa?????

Will we be starting the season on 0 or -4 points???? The season is about to start in a few weeks. Surely these issues need to be addressed in the coming weeks.

Ok. So if the nrl signed off on the Jennings deal, is it safe to assume we have no issues with hoppa?????

Will we be starting the season on 0 or -4 points???? The season is about to start in a few weeks. Surely these issues need to be addressed in the coming weeks.

Hoppa will be decided by the courts. If the NRL have signed off the Jennings you'd assume we are clear on our cap and won't be done for -4 points

hindy111

Post Whore
Doesnt that salary cap and the -4 points get answered this week? While Hoppa's case does not get looked at till mid year?
The NRL may put some of his contract towards our cap in 2017 but they can not hold us to ransom for 2016 just incase.....

For this reason thou alone i am putting Hoppa down as our WORSE ever signing.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Do we really care if we start on -4 points? I'd rather a gun side that wins more games, even if we miss the finals by 1 point.

IFR33K

Coach
Hoppa will be decided by the courts. If the NRL have signed off the Jennings you'd assume we are clear on our cap and won't be done for -4 points

What if the outcome isn't decided till april, and we are ordered to pay hoppa X amount of dollars putting us over the cap.....

hindy111

Post Whore
What if the outcome isn't decided till april, and we are ordered to pay hoppa X amount of dollars putting us over the cap.....

I am sure DA has talked too the NRL and if part has too count then it will be deferred too 2017. I doubt the NRL wants to have anything to do with the matter and might just wipe thier hands clean-If we have too pay Hoppa money then it just comes out of our pocket and wont count against the cap.
How can the NRL just make up the rule on this punishment? If there is not one in place already i just do not see it as being fair. It is kind of the NRL's fault for not having guidlines on the matter

Avenger

Immortal
Pou would have loved being a Storm supporter when they played for nothing in 2010. They won a shit load of games and missed the finals. What a ride !!!!

#f**kwit

Bandwagon

Staff member
IIRC governance was the issue that required addressing to ensure the four point penalty was not inflicted upon us, the situation with our cap, whilst the impetus for the actions of the NRL, was not seen as the problem.

From which I think it reasonable to assume that the outcome with Hoppa would be less important than how we deal with the process, and given the NRL are not making any public noise about this ( as they tend to do ), I can only assume they are content with the process.

We start the season on par I reckon

Status
Not open for further replies.