What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and TheRam's whinging XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Diablo

Post Whore
I actually like this one, but not for $80 I don't. Polo Shirts should not cost more then $30. If it ever gets down to that price then I'll get one.

636AC657-06A1-F56F-68CC61BA5B0FF5262015ParraMerchpsd_236.jpg

i bet you buy your clothes from Vinnies

T.S Quint

Coach
Maybe Avengers joking rnd....But its the same case with the chicken and the egg...
Question is - Is pou the chicken or is he the egg.... Hmm Does that mean one came out of the others arse??

Im on fire this morning

You're definitely on something.

T.S Quint

Coach
The Herald makes out that it's some surprise that we approached Shane Richardson.
It's as if he isn't one of the most experienced and successful CEOs going round.

Delboy

First Grade
The Herald makes out that it's some surprise that we approached Shane Richardson.
It's as if he isn't one of the most experienced and successful CEOs going round.

Isn't that what an executive search company is paid to do, see who is available for the position they have to fill. SMH just fill space with Eels comments as they get the clicks like no other club FMD

emjaycee

Coach

I am led to believe that Richo approached us... but maybe not.
Who knows?
Who cares?

Gronk

Staff member
IIRC Richo's new job at Souths is the same as DA here. Gen Mgr Footy.

carson

Juniors
I actually like this one, but not for $80 I don't. Polo Shirts should not cost more then $30. If it ever gets down to that price then I'll get one.

636AC657-06A1-F56F-68CC61BA5B0FF5262015ParraMerchpsd_236.jpg

I don't mind spending the money if the club is getting the profits but my understanding is that the NRL owns logos etc and so they get the funds from merchandise. If so by buying the gear are we supporting the people who fined us $500K last year and are threatening to strip us of 4 competition points?

I don't mind spending the money if the club is getting the profits but my understanding is that the NRL owns logos etc and so they get the funds from merchandise. If so by buying the gear are we supporting the people who fined us $500K last year and are threatening to strip us of 4 competition points?

Sort of, but they're also the people who distribute $7million a year or so to us.

Gronk

Staff member

Sort of, but they're also the people who distribute $7million a year or so to us.

If you were a foundation club (1908) or even blow-ins like us (1947) you would understandably be pissed at the way they the NRL Commission treats you IMHO. It seems that the NRL suits prance around like they are doing the clubs a favour for allowing them a franchise and should be getting pats on the back for the $1B TV deal.

But what comes first the chicken or the egg ? The NRL would not exist without the "product". Instead the NRL treats clubs like their franchise is not guaranteed unless they toe the line.

Admittedly the competition needs rules and a governing body to ensure that there is an equal playing field, money is evenly distributed and the cap is adhered to. However you get the distinct impression that the clubs that built the NRL from ground up are not treated with the respect they deserve.

Snap Poll: Do the clubs receive the respect that they deserve ? Should the clubs have to treat the NRL Commission with kid gloves ? Or should the NRL Commission's role be that of a management role, answering to the clubs ?

there is a licence fee that goes to the NRL Yes, but the manufacturer also pay a fee to the club and this case Xblades are also sponsors of the club and supply the club with the training gear you see them wearing now.

carson

Juniors
Further to that, despite our results on field be completely in the toilet, we are still a high tv rating team and sell more merchandise than most clubs. Brisbane would be the highest but we would be high up there after them. Do we get the respect due to us for being a top earner for the NRL.

If you were a foundation club (1908) or even blow-ins like us (1947) you would understandably be pissed at the way they the NRL Commission treats you IMHO. It seems that the NRL suits prance around like they are doing the clubs a favour for allowing them a franchise and should be getting pats on the back for the $1B TV deal.

But what comes first the chicken or the egg ? The NRL would not exist without the "product". Instead the NRL treats clubs like their franchise is not guaranteed unless they toe the line.

Admittedly the competition needs rules and a governing body to ensure that there is an equal playing field, money is evenly distributed and the cap is adhered to. However you get the distinct impression that the clubs that built the NRL from ground up are not treated with the respect they deserve.

Snap Poll: Do the clubs receive the respect that they deserve ? Should the clubs have to treat the NRL Commission with kid gloves ? Or should the NRL Commission's role be that of a management role, answering to the clubs ?

Why and how should those clubs be treated differently to other clubs?

Status
Not open for further replies.