What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and TheRam's whinging XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
As you have said before is DA was good enough he would have a coaching role. Stuart is an NRL coach and SK is a glorified water boy. Must mean Stuart >SK

When did I ever say Stuart isn't better than Kearney? Stuart has been coaching first grade for years. He has won a premiership and taken numerous teams to top four finishes. Just because he won a wooden spoon during a brief period at a shit club doesn't mean he can't coach. And on the recruiting front he got us Peats and Norman - two of our better signings in recent years, and probably didn't pay too much for them. I also like what he's done at Canberra after taking over a shitfight.

Unlike most of you I don't get emotional about coaches. I think they make convenient scapegoats for lazy thinkers.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I didn't think you'd be a "big picture" guy.... focusing on win percentage stat is a bit one dimensional, ignores the context of the competition in which a team is playing.

Nothing's sinking, and nothing's deep. Just opinions, remember? :lol:

Oh, and I'm confused - are we having a discussion, an argument, or are you sweating it up into another tanty?
Bring back Bart don't think he's quite as stupid as you. The Knights last year won their first 4 or 5 games and were in the 8 for the first 8 weeks. going off your ranting that would be a very successful season. Too bad they end up winning the spoon :lol:

phantom eel

First Grade
Pou's narrow statistical interpretations must be contagious....? :cool:

What the weeks spent in the top 8 stat means is that the Knights could be considered competitive for the first 8 weeks, and then turned to shit (obviously).

What the stat also allows is a comparison that the Knights last year were more competitive in achieving the spoon, than we were in the spoon season where we were in the top 8 for 0 weeks (and were shit all the year long, even though we might have won some games).

So the Knights had a more successful spoon season than our spoon season. Focusing just on win percentages stats may only show you part of that picture, by not taking into account a measue of context (how relatively comepetitive the different seasons were). But by all means continue to join Pou in looking only at the simplest numbers and concepts available....

hineyrulz

Post Whore
A spoons a spoon you imbecile , spin it any way you like Stuart had less wins in 2013 then we did in 2012. Both were terrible in their time here not sure why you went to all that trouble to split hairs????

wins are the only way you can look at it, not some bizarre top 8 rubbish just to try and prove some point.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So if you win your handful of games all at the start of the season you're more 'competitive' than if you win the same number of games all at the back end of the season? FMD :roll:

phantom eel

First Grade
A spoons a spoon you imbecile , spin it any way you like Stuart had less wins in 2013 then we did in 2012. Both were terrible in their time here not sure why you went to all that trouble to split hairs????

wins are the only way you can look at it, not some bizarre top 8 rubbish just to try and prove some point.
Who's getting upset and splitting hairs now, lol.

If you think Kearney is a better coach than Stuart despite the evidence, that's ok with me. :crazy:

phantom eel

First Grade
So if you win your handful of games all at the start of the season you're more 'competitive' than if you win the same number of games all at the back end of the season? FMD :roll:
More competitive relative to the rest of the competition at that point in time, yes. Obviously - this stat is not rocket science, but somehow it's blowing both of your minds :lol:.

For example, one season you can win say 10 games and not make the semis, another season you can win the 10 games and make the semis - win percentages alone don't give you the detail of how competitive that year's season was. Weeks spent in the top 8 tell you how a side is competing relative to the rest of the competition week to week throughout a particular season, win stats are just a crude percentage with no explanatory narrative :cool:

(Fishing for forum 'outrage' and 'tanties' can be fun...)

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Who's getting upset and splitting hairs now, lol.

If you think Kearney is a better coach than Stuart despite the evidence, that's ok with me. :crazy:
Did I say that weirdo??? I said We had a better year in 2012 under Kearney then we did in 2013 under Stuart.

We won more games, not some dribble about who was in the top 8 and when lol. Both were disasters and I'm sure any Eels fan are glad they are gone.

caylo

Bench
When did I ever say Stuart isn't better than Kearney? Stuart has been coaching first grade for years. He has won a premiership and taken numerous teams to top four finishes. Just because he won a wooden spoon during a brief period at a shit club doesn't mean he can't coach. And on the recruiting front he got us Peats and Norman - two of our better signings in recent years, and probably didn't pay too much for them. I also like what he's done at Canberra after taking over a shitfight.

Unlike most of you I don't get emotional about coaches. I think they make convenient scapegoats for lazy thinkers.

Well that was my point, I assumed you were saying SK was better then Stuart.

For me I think da>Stuart >SK
I think DA is the best coach but from reports wasn't good with player management but i think he was good at identifying talent. Similarly I think Stuart has good talent identification and he is able to attract big name players because of his reputation but is a poor coach and his team's generally look disorganised in attack (generally good defensively though, not with us unfortunately). SK struggled on all fronts, out defense and attack was unstructured, he overpayed for average players and struggled to attract big names.
With BA we seam to have more variety in attack and we fight more in games plus he has attracted some of the best players to our club. Excellent so far but he has been the beneficiary of some good signings but Stuart

TheRam

Coach
Do you think worldwide? I feel like something is brewing.

Yes. The headlines from all over the world are horrendous. Just on the world stock markets, in the first month of this year, they have lost more then 15 trillion dollars worth of value. Never before in history has this happened.

By this time next year I think the world (and finally Australia too) will realize that we are in a depression.

No amount of QE's will save the world from here on in. There is probably only one more trick left for the Banksters to keep this fleecing system going for another 5-10 years, that being monetizing through the IMF on an international level.

Short of that, the Systems about to blow.

Just look at this tiny sample of delightful reading below.

When banking heads(Royal Bank of Scotland) are telling their preferred customers to sell everything, it's time to pay attention don't you think?
http://money.cnn.com/2016/01/12/investing/markets-sell-everything-cataclysmic-year-rbs/

Situation worse than it was in 2007, says chairman of the OECD's review committee.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...debt-defaults-fears-central-bank-veteran.html

Cargo ships, oil tankers anchored outside world's busiest port with nothing to do.
http://www.infowars.com/collapse-current-global-trade-slowdown-predicted-1987-2008-crashes/

The Bursting of the Bond Bubble Has Begun.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-01-13/bursting-bond-bubble-has-begun

TheRam

Coach
Well that was my point, I assumed you were saying SK was better then Stuart.

For me I think da>Stuart >SK
I think DA is the best coach but from reports wasn't good with player management but i think he was good at identifying talent. Similarly I think Stuart has good talent identification and he is able to attract big name players because of his reputation but is a poor coach and his team's generally look disorganised in attack (generally good defensively though, not with us unfortunately). SK struggled on all fronts, out defense and attack was unstructured, he overpayed for average players and struggled to attract big names.
With BA we seam to have more variety in attack and we fight more in games plus he has attracted some of the best players to our club. Excellent so far but he has been the beneficiary of some good signings but Stuart

FFS!!! Who cares???

This has to be the most boring non issue in the history of this forum.

Get a grip you imbeciles. It's 2016!

MOVE F**KING ON!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts