What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whino

Bench
Far from a plodder.

I don't think he is either but you can rule out Klemmer, Angus, Gillett, Arrow, Frizell, Cordner, Papalii and McGuire. There is not much left to guess.
Franklin has ruled out Lowe.
I think he said a back rower a few pages back so that should rule out plodders in Welch & Gladby.

MugaB

Coach
Look at all the signings Tigers made. McQueen. J Reynolds. Packer. Matulino etc.

Aging plodders is Ivans specialty.
Well in Ivan defence those guys actually put in in 2018, most of the tigers wins were off Packer and Matalino dictating terms early in the matches, but then sideways plays ruined all their hardwork, even josh reynolds when fit was igniting the team, Chee Cam, Thompson, Marsters are all weapons, bringing the 2 Aging Plodders Benji and Farrar back,
Now he is at the Panthers, which aging "experienced" plodder will he bring for us, already got Api, Wado maybe? any other ex panthers looking to come home (benji style), i heard matty moylan is being looked at at the tigers.
He is better off coming home, and playing fullback

betcats

Referee
I don't think he is either but you can rule out Klemmer, Angus, Gillett, Arrow, Frizell, Cordner, Papalii and McGuire. There is not much left to guess.
I think he said a back rower a few pages back so that should rule out plodders in Welch & Gladby.

Maybe he is just taking the piss lol

MugaB

Coach
Sharks fire sale, its got to be graham
He'd be the only guy willing to take one for his sharks team, by not getting them split up, and leaving for a few seasons till their caps sorted,
Geez they really mucked up their cap on getting Shaun Johnson totally over spent, now theyve lost flanagan, brailey, god knows who is getting shunted now, the most valuable and expensive player they have that other teams want is ex panther wade graham, he'll just have to captain us till Yeo and Nathan step up

martielang

Bench
Wouldn't mind Lowe. Good player, hardly a plodder imo.

Was outstanding Game 3 but hasn't had a look in with Souths backrow.

I'd be having a chat to Coen Hess. Had a stinking season but he wasn't alone. & just don't play him centre.

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
Huge mistake chasing a backrower, we've got other positions that are so much weaker.
with mansour reportedly moving into the fwdpack.
Would we be entertaining Kikau on the wing? He is unstoppable there up against small wingers, my only issue is the high balls
Boyd Plodner. Obviously
Well he is a captain, and the NSW plodder captain, might aswell be our plodder captain, nah boo, now we'll have 2 Tamou's, geez i was hoping it was wado

mxlegend99

Referee
Why do people think Mansour is moving into the forward pack? Pretty sure the rumour started from this forum suggesting we try it. There's no actual suggestion from the club AFAIK.

Yeo. Kikau. Martin. JFH (If at lock). Burns. Leniu. Blore... plus the plodder we are looking at. Really can't see us trying to convert Mansour into a forward with the depth we havein the pack. Hell Kenny and May as utility can cover second row also.

OldPanther

Coach
Why do people think Mansour is moving into the forward pack? Pretty sure the rumour started from this forum suggesting we try it. There's no actual suggestion from the club AFAIK.

plus the plodder we are looking at.

For the record both these things started from this forum with no corroborating evidence or sources.

betcats

Referee
IMO there is very little chance Mansour is a first choice winger here next season. Slow wingers who aren't scoring and aren't good under the high ball really aren't great, his metre eating just isn't enough anymore especially with a younger and improved version of him in To'o coming into the side.

flash

Juniors
Prefer to keep my hopes low and anything better is upside. McQueen was a former SOO edge backrower, Ivan has already signed him once, why not a second time.

OldPanther

Coach

The Realist

Juniors
with mansour reportedly moving into the fwdpack.
Would we be entertaining Kikau on the wing? He is unstoppable there up against small wingers, my only issue is the high balls

Well he is a captain, and the NSW plodder captain, might aswell be our plodder captain, nah boo, now we'll have 2 Tamou's, geez i was hoping it was wado

You are a mad man if you think Kikau is agile or fast enough to be a winger. Not even a Centre if he lost 10-15kg.

franklin2323

Immortal
Fair enough. I'm happy to be wrong about that. Kind of makes sense with Mansour's main contribution being tough hit ups. The signings part is just Franklin teasing us with vague statements which may or may not be true.

we need atleast 4 players maybe more if Hetherington and co go. The Flegg props are good but I can't see them going in to the top squad. Most of our NSW Cup side is confirmed as outs so there is guys coming in,,,Just depends on the timing of releases etc

Status
Not open for further replies.