What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
Except Yeo has played 99% of his career in the backrow and is clearly part of our backrow depth.

JFH is also part of it... although he's better in the middle.

Discounting 2 players who have spent alot of time in the backrow as options because they have been used elsewhere is ridiculous. They can and have been part of our backrow rotation... and are part of our stacked second row options in 2020.

These guys will likely be used as middleforwards because the quality of our second rowers coming through is so high and our middle forwards is so low. Second row is the least of our concerns

Not discounting them but the pack would be something like this

JFH
Api
Tamou
Kikau
Martin
Yeo

Leinu
Leota
Burns
Kenny

Not exactly got FG ready props or locks to allow Yeo or JFH to move to an edge. So that is why I discounted them

So while we have backrow options and look promising a fair while from being ready for a whole year of FG

MugaB

Coach

JFH
Api
Tamou
Kikau
Martin
Yeo

Leinu
Leota
Burns
Kenny

Not exactly got FG ready props or locks to allow Yeo or JFH to move to an edge. So that is why I discounted them

So while we have backrow options and look promising a fair while from being ready for a whole year of FG
Don't forget Mansour in at 2nd row tehe ;)

franklin2323

Immortal
We have to be realistic. We arent getting an established second rower that is better than what we have without destroying our cap again.

Yeo should return to his best in 2020 when he is fully fit and alobg with Kikau is an incredible starting second row.

We only move him to lock if the likes of Martin, Burns etc. are performing too well not to force their way into our starting line-up which is more than likely going to be the case. Deadset we have so many options in the second row and no realistic signing will improve it... and any that could would be causing more damage to our cap than it would be marginally improving a position that is not an issue.

We lost from our FG squad

Grant
Katoa
RCG
Sele
Winterstein
Paea
Tui-Loso

Only need to sign better then them and improves the squad

OldPanther

Coach

JFH
Api
Tamou
Kikau
Martin
Yeo

Leinu
Leota
Burns
Kenny

Have to remember to consider the balance of the top 30 and salary cap as well. Can't have too many spots devoted to one position and I'd say we are at that limit or getting close.

betcats

Referee
BJ is huge now sign him as a prop haha.

Speaking of outside backs I just walked past DWZ and Mansour on Pitt street all in their club gear.

MugaB

Coach
BJ is huge now sign him as a prop haha.

Speaking of outside backs I just walked past DWZ and Mansour on Pitt street all in their club gear.
MWZ you mean, right? D is still at the dogs, unless i hadn't heard him come back

Flashstep

Juniors
Our forward pack is actually very good imo, maybe we need a prop but other than that we’re sweet.

We had no problem marching down the field, our concerns are players not supporting their forwards when they make a half break and get their arm free, not using 2nd rowers as decoys and throwing them hospital passes all the time and our number 1 attacking play of give the ball to Kikau and hope he does something, I am praying Barrett comes in and sorts these issues out.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
I wouldn’t read too much into the demeanour of RCG.

He is a different sort of guy.

I agree he has not been great for us since his we’ll documented injuries but give we are contributing towards his salary with the Eels I’m not sure why we have let him leave,

Why not just keep him it is not as if we are going to bring in anyone better.

franklin2323

Immortal
Our forward pack is actually very good imo, maybe we need a prop but other than that we’re sweet.

We had no problem marching down the field, our concerns are players not supporting their forwards when they make a half break and get their arm free, not using 2nd rowers as decoys and throwing them hospital passes all the time and our number 1 attacking play of give the ball to Kikau and hope he does something, I am praying Barrett comes in and sorts these issues out.

I agree most part. Edge defence is poor and inside the attacking 20. A few wiser heads would help both that

franklin2323

Immortal
I wouldn’t read too much into the demeanour of RCG.

He is a different sort of guy.

I agree he has not been great for us since his we’ll documented injuries but give we are contributing towards his salary with the Eels I’m not sure why we have let him leave,

Why not just keep him it is not as if we are going to bring in anyone better.

5 years is way to long to hope he gets out of it. He admitted he hated footy not sure that can be fixed

Kilkenny

Coach
I know there is going to be a lot of player movement but I seriously doubt there has been any method in the madness which has seen us allow a lot of players to leave without any apparent strategy around who we are going to bring in. I understand we will bring in players but I seriously doubt whether they will be any better that those who have been allowed to leave. I wish I could be more optimistic but there is nothing that fill’s me with any hope. Under this current regime we are in big trouble. I understand there will be some that lay the blame at Gus Gould but I don’t accept that. As it stands now I would have preferred to keep the same roster that was cap compliant in 2020 as opposed to where we are now.

Status
Not open for further replies.