What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Realist

Juniors
Come on. Ivan is great with superstars.

He turned Michael Jennings, Luke Lewis and Lachlan Coote into premiership winners.

After a rough start to 2019, our 2 best backs from 2018 really started to find some form aswell.

That's just our guys. Tedesco won a premiership too. Moses has found career best form. Ivan has done incredibly well with superstars. By not standing in their way.

This is my take as well. Ivan is a very poor coach of talented players with 'attitude' problems. He does not reform them. He does not 'bring them around'. He does not motivate them. He just punts them.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
You want to see what talking rubbish is. Read the dribble you're talking.

I named but a few of our better players who were in far better form both before and after Ivan. Guys he couldnt get along with or get the best out of. Just like Hook. You should look up the definition of superstar. It's a pretty broad brush to paint players with.

Come up with whatever bullshit reasons you want for it. Superstars dont seem to go well under Ivan... he loves a plodder and I hope you do too because that's the roster he is building here.

So what in effect your saying is that when Hook was here these players were 'flying'. If I recall correctly Legend weren't you one of the loudest and long voices yelling about how dreadful Hook's game plans were, How horrible his man management was ?

I think perhaps Legend you are attempting to re-write history here.

So what in effect your saying is that when Hook was here these players were 'flying'. If I recall correctly Legend weren't you one of the loudest and long voices yelling about how dreadful Hook's game plans were, How horrible his man management was ?

Hook didn’t have much of a game plan, but one thing he did do better is let them throw the ball around a bit. Ivan is way too conservative.

mxlegend99

Referee

Did Blake not score 13 triesin16 games in 2018 without gameplans? Rewriting history...

Why dont you go hunt down the Waqa Blake thread and check out my love for Waqa the Wonderful.

I didnt and still don't rate Hook. Yet any number of players went backwards under Ivan... how is calling him out forruining players rewriting history?

Both coaches suck for different reasons.

OldPanther

Coach

The criticism of Griffin was that he didn't have much it the way of a game plan BUT everyone has said he had the boys fit if not the fittest in the comp which made up for a lot of the deficiencies but not enough to beat the top teams. Really we have the same problem with both coaches we just reached it via a different road.

franklin2323

Immortal
I really cant believe you are using the word superstar to discuss Waqa, Dallin, Coote or Jennings hahah that is beyond ridiculous mx, its revitionist history at its finest.

Please tell me exactly what criticism Ivan deserve for Coote the superstar?

A few pages back I was told Tedesco was a big signing when the Roosters got him... Now he was a dud until he got there

franklin2323

Immortal
The criticism of Griffin was that he didn't have much it the way of a game plan BUT everyone has said he had the boys fit if not the fittest in the comp which made up for a lot of the deficiencies but not enough to beat the top teams. Really we have the same problem with both coaches we just reached it via a different road.

Ivan has the opposite good for an upset or 2 v a top side but loses the games that should be won

OldPanther

Coach
Ivan has the opposite good for an upset or 2 v a top side but loses the games that should be won

Yeah which means we end up in the same place as middle of the table non contenders. That might improve and I'm one of the people who don't blame him for 2015 but confidence isn't high after 2019.

franklin2323

Immortal
But Canberra have had stability with Ricky as coach. Chopping changing isn't good. I wander what would have happened if Ivan didn't get the chop prematurely.

Stability is a word Gus doesn't know. It is why despite Ivan being ordinary as a coach we are better off. Mr Abco is going to want his mate to go well. Ivan will want best for his son so atleast all on the same page and stable

mxlegend99

Referee
Whose careers did he ruin?
I didnt say he ruined careers. I said he ruined players... you added the word careers. He ruined players temporarily while playing under him. They got better once they left.

Ivan gave Dallin his career start when the kid was 18, made him a regular not long after, but apparently he was holding him back and ruining his career.
More rubbish based on being incapable of simple comprehension skills.

How could you even think I said he ruined careers when you have been arguing with me over the players who improved after leaving him?

mxlegend99

Referee
Apparently Coote was dud too before he got to North Queensland, he never stayed healthy for Penrith like that.
You need to work on your comprehension skills mate. Tell me how you translate this post into calling Coote a dud ffs.

Come on. Ivan is great with superstars.

He turned Michael Jennings, Luke Lewis and Lachlan Coote into premiership winners.

After a rough start to 2019, our 2 best backs from 2018 really started to find some form aswell.

That's just our guys. Tedesco won a premiership too. Moses has found career best form. Ivan has done incredibly well with superstars. By not standing in their way.

Yeah... that's clearly calling him a dud. Pointing out a number of players whose best career move has been to leave Ivan Cleary.

You're trying to put your own spin on my posts because you hate that I think players are better off without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts