What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilkenny

Coach
Surely Herthington doesn't see first grade until he can prove he won't be sent off or binned every second game. The man has been nothing but a total liability so far

At least one of his sin bins in 2018 was embarrassing. Embarrassing for the ref that is, there was nothing in what Jack did and was a massive over reaction by the ref. Sure he has to curb his natural enthusiasm but I think the reputation he got was an over reaction.

Fangs

Coach
Leinu is better at the explosiveness but the good thing is Leota and Hetherington will do a job for us

I think he will have a huge year. He is capable of changing our forward pack completely. Much better hands than any of our current props and its critical we have that with our impotent attack.

But I'm resigned to the fact he will play NSW cup round 1. Very much an Ivan move, at the same time not the worst thing in the world. He will play firsts at some point.

betcats

Referee
I think he will have a huge year. He is capable of changing our forward pack completely. Much better hands than any of our current props and its critical we have that with our impotent attack.

But I'm resigned to the fact he will play NSW cup round 1. Very much an Ivan move, at the same time not the worst thing in the world. He will play firsts at some point.

He won’t be held back too much, he has a huge wrap on him and he’s been good in his fg appearances so far.

I think there is a big chance the forward pack will change over the season, to many good young guys pushing for spots.

betcats

Referee
I like Jack he has great potential maintain his aggression but in a disciplined manner. Had a terrible 2019 with injury and other issue so he must be champing at the bit to get his career back on track.

Yep I hope so he really can play when he is switched on.

franklin2323

Immortal

That might be a good thing. Of that pack I named only Tamou can't play 80 mins. Some cases playing 50-60 mins in NSW Cup is better then 10-20 mins in FG. Not for the whole year but a few weeks up then back down

Kilkenny

Coach

Not sure why you would think that.

Ivan will surely pick his best 17 based on what the pre season discloses.

Injury aside we have reasonable depth in our forwards so he has plenty of options.

In the outside backs he has few options and it is not beyond possibility we can expect to see makeshift centres by deploying back rowers such as Capewell or Cartwright in the centre’s given we are so light on.

Kilkenny

Coach
For 2021 and will be a player swap. So we have a chance

Who do we have that would interest the Storm?

Do we really have that much cap space in 2021?

Tamou, Edwards and perhaps May are off contract at the end of this season but other than that it is only the fringe or lesser paid players.

Fangs

Coach
Not sure why you would think that.

Ivan will surely pick his best 17 based on what the pre season discloses.

Injury aside we have reasonable depth in our forwards so he has plenty of options.

In the outside backs he has few options and it is not beyond possibility we can expect to see makeshift centres by deploying back rowers such as Capewell or Cartwright in the centre’s given we are so light on.

That is right, he will pick his best 17. Leota will be there over Leinu.

Kilkenny

Coach
That is right, he will pick his best 17. Leota will be there over Leinu.

You know Moses has been the most under utilised of all our players over recent seasons and he has a lot to offer. Hook couldn’t see it and Ivan last season barely knew his name given his limited minutes. I hope this is a breakout season for Moses because he has great potential just needs to be let off the leash and allowed to do what he does best which includes off loads.

Kilkenny

Coach
I turn my back for 5 minutes and there's 50 pages of arguing. I think you're all right by the way.

There’s the moral to the story never turn your back for a minute otherwise sure as anything there will be a dagger in it.

Where were you anyway when this forum needed a calming influence.

franklin2323

Immortal
Who do we have that would interest the Storm?

Do we really have that much cap space in 2021?

Tamou, Edwards and perhaps May are off contract at the end of this season but other than that it is only the fringe or lesser paid players.

What would a winger cost maybe $400-$500k? I’d happily lose both those for him. Gives longer to shop around Whare etc

I’d guess a back. Hopefully Naden has a good year and his worth to them goes up but all depends what Storm are chasing really

franklin2323

Immortal
You know Moses has been the most under utilised of all our players over recent seasons and he has a lot to offer. Hook couldn’t see it and Ivan last season barely knew his name given his limited minutes. I hope this is a breakout season for Moses because he has great potential just needs to be let off the leash and allowed to do what he does best which includes off loads.

I think Leota you either start or don’t play. What he does well works if you start him

Kilkenny

Coach
What would a winger cost maybe $400-$500k? I’d happily lose both those for him. Gives longer to shop around Whare etc

I’d guess a back. Hopefully Naden has a good year and his worth to them goes up but all depends what Storm are chasing really

Some on here were only too happy to accept the media figures and that DWZ was on 600K or more not to mention Waqa Blake on similar money.

I don’t think either of the above were on anywhere near the money the media reported but given what the fox brings to the side well he is going to command much more that the figures you mention above!

Whare is on a relatively small contract. He lives Glenmore Park, has a young family and was happy to accept his moderate contract for five years. He ain’t going anywhere and given his age, injury history he is no longer an attractive proposition to shop around. He will see out his deal with us even if only as a back up and will provide good value at that.

I would think that the only outside back that would be of interest in a player swap for the Storm would be Brian To’o but even then I don’t think he fit’s Bellamy’s criteria. He likes big, tall outside backs and To’o is simply too small.

I think the Fox clearly has a club ready to go given his situation and in all likelihood it probably isn’t the Panthers.

Fangs

Coach

Nothing against Moses, good player. I just don't see Leinu jumping him or any of our props come season start. I do however believe Leinu will be a go to player by years end, big belief in that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.