What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilkenny

Coach
And half the draft class will walk and play overseas for a year or 2. Its no chance

Mate, we’ll go around in circles if we continue at this rate so let’s agree to disagree but you haven’t and didn’t answer my simple question!!!!! Just provide me with some evidence of the games that were tanked and you said there were many. It’s that simple.

Fangs

Coach
I’m not sure the NRL is a superior product to the AFL that could be debatable albeit the AFL are having there problems currently similar to the NRL. Low scoring games, coaches damaging the product overall similar to the NRL. I don’t follow Rugby Union, used to watch it during the running rugby days in the 80’s but I wouldn’t know any of the players now and cant stand the game.

Its essentially subjective. AFL to me is second and RU a comfortable 3rd (And rightfully last). RU is a complete abomination.

Defence in RL seems to improve but not attack. I haven't thought of Penrith as a dangerous attacking outfit since 2004. Then I realise that the majority of NRL teams would have what I would describe as average/bad attack. Teams are just much better at holding out.

The death of kicking (High ball contests/7 tackle set penalty) would be one reason why teams struggle in attack. Slowing down the ptb/conceeding penalties to reset the defence is another.

Dave's mate

Juniors
Mate, we’ll go around in circles if we continue at this rate so let’s agree to disagree but you haven’t and didn’t answer my simple question!!!!! Just provide me with some evidence of the games that were tanked and you said there were many. It’s that simple.
Its an open joke amongst fans of the sport. It happens and its bizarre that you think otherwise

MugaB

Coach
No debate,
4 conferences with 5 teams in each,
20 clubs, all play each other once then play within their own conference again.
23 rounds, add in a heritage round and maybe a magic round, 25 rounds
Conferences split geographicaly North, South, East, West.
Northern conference.
NTH QLD, Brisbane, brisbane2, gold coast, Newcastle.
Eastern conference.
Sydney, Manly, Warriors, Central coast, Cronulla
Southern conference.
South Sydney, St.George, Canberra, Melbourne, Adelaide.
Western Conference.
West Coast, Penrith, Wests, Parramatta,
Canterbury.

Top 2 in each conference make the finals
Heres the kicker tho, if they do the 4 conferences the way ive explained, nothing will stop the NRL from introducing Relegation
Or adding more teams per conference, bring the comp to 24 clubs thus making 23 rounds with no double games

Kilkenny

Coach
I don't want the comp even, just fair,
Roosters and stormcontinue to buy players, panthers and brisbane continue to grow them, we have an advantage but a draft will kill us, who are you to tell me i don't understand the AFL draft, its shit, the game itself is shit sorts and folks that support it are shit

Mugs, let me explain it to you in simple terms. The two conference system involves the following:

Sydney conference call it what you want but it involves the Sea Eagles, Sydney Roosters, West Tigers, Cronulla Sharks, St George Dragons, Parramatta Eels, Penrith Panthers, South Sydney and Canterbury Bulldogs. 9 teams and the conference players each other twice. 16 games.

The other conference Brisbane Broncos, Warriors, Canberra Raiders, Nth Queensland Cowboys, Melbourne Storm, GC Titans and Newcastle Knights and two expansion clubs one being a second Brisbane side and the other most likely Perth based. 9 teams playing each other twice 16 games.

The only issue to be worked out is how many games are played involving the Sydney conference and the non Sydney conference as playing every team once would involve a regular season of 25 games before semi finals and GF. Is this too many given it is a couple more than we currently play. I don’t think so but others do.

The conference system allows more many benefits not least being more bum’s on seat’s. Our home crowds would be infinitely better, more revenue and all the benefits that flow from that.

The is a very basic overview but one that needs to be discussed and is inevitable for sustainablility in the long term

Kilkenny

Coach
20 game regular season should be the goal imo. Pad it with a few more rep games

Well you haven’t thought than view through too well.

What composition of the current competition allows for a 20 game regular season.

What do you think Fox and Channel 9 are going to pay for that deal?

Do you think having a 5 game SOO series will cover the shortfall in dollars to the game to accomodate a 20 game NRL comp!!!!!

The NRL are fearful under the current structure they are not going to get there 1 billion dollar rights deal next time around so going to a 20 round competition is probably not an option Dave.

The two conference set up is a no brainer, the only downside to getting it done is whether it suits the Brisbane Broncos pure and simple. The city of Brisbane has a huge supporter base for the likes of the Bunnies, Dragons etc and therefore the two conference arrangement may impact on there home crowd numbers and as we all know the NRL needs the Brisbane Broncos to get there huge TV rights deal.

Dave's mate

Juniors
Well you haven’t thought than view through too well.

What composition of the current competition allows for a 20 game regular season.

What do you think Fox and Channel 9 are going to pay for that deal?

Do you think having a 5 game SOO series will cover the shortfall in dollars to the game to accomodate a 20 game NRL comp!!!!!

The NRL are fearful under the current structure they are not going to get there 1 billion dollar rights deal next time around so going to a 20 round competition is probably not an option Dave.

The two conference set up is a no brainer, the only downside to getting it done is whether it suits the Brisbane Broncos pure and simple. The city of Brisbane has a huge supporter base for the likes of the Bunnies, Dragons etc and therefore the two conference arrangement may impact on there home crowd numbers and as we all know the NRL needs the Brisbane Broncos to get there huge TV rights deal.
Internationals not Origin

MugaB

Coach
Mugs, let me explain it to you in simple terms. The two conference system involves the following:

Sydney conference call it what you want but it involves the Sea Eagles, Sydney Roosters, West Tigers, Cronulla Sharks, St George Dragons, Parramatta Eels, Penrith Panthers, South Sydney and Canterbury Bulldogs. 9 teams and the conference players each other twice. 16 games.

The other conference Brisbane Broncos, Warriors, Canberra Raiders, Nth Queensland Cowboys, Melbourne Storm, GC Titans and Newcastle Knights and two expansion clubs one being a second Brisbane side and the other most likely Perth based. 9 teams playing each other twice 16 games.

The only issue to be worked out is how many games are played involving the Sydney conference and the non Sydney conference as playing every team once would involve a regular season of 25 games before semi finals and GF. Is this too many given it is a couple more than we currently play. I don’t think so but others do.

The conference system allows more many benefits not least being more bum’s on seat’s. Our home crowds would be infinitely better, more revenue and all the benefits that flow from that.

The is a very basic overview but one that needs to be discussed and is inevitable for sustainablility in the long term
Firstly dont call me mugs, if you want to discuss topics.
Your conference system is not only flawed, you haven't even figured out how gold coasts fit in, example who rates higher Brisbane vs manly, or Gold Coast vs cronulla?
Brisbane of course, how are you going to get new brands watchable, without the sydney clubs regularly playing them if they are always playing regional teams, plus travel regarding every club, will be bias as sydney clubs wont have to get on any planes,
And you haven't even got to the current 25 rounds fairly, which is the goal, the reason for a conference system at all, has to be done Geographicaly or not at all
If you want 2 conferences North Vs South
Or East vs West, my way incorporates both plus you only have to worry about your local conference, and make sure your top of your pool, which increases local rivalries

franklin2323

Immortal

Looking at those conferences. Only 3 of the interstate conference made the 8. Means someone weaker gets the spot over a Sydney team. That is without going into the issue of one conference being easier then the other

MugaB

Coach
I want to see the best 8 teams play finals though. Geography shouldn’t decide who plays finals
But thats played on GF day nsw cup vs QCup, and tge upcoming WCC too,
It defines boundaries, otherwise, top8 in a one sided conference in a comp with 2 conferences? Why bother, think of the world cup soccer and their pools, its no different

Kilkenny

Coach
Looking at those conferences. Only 3 of the interstate conference made the 8. Means someone weaker gets the spot over a Sydney team. That is without going into the issue of one conference being easier then the other

You are all missing the whole point around what is economically viable for the game going forward.

Please have a look at how the two conference system works in the NFL and get back to me and then you may understand a little better on the merits or otherwise of this system.

Under the two conference system you have to accept a play off system where there will be one from the Sydney conference and one from the other conference playing in the Super GF. This system is totally foreign to anything we have ever been used too but at the end of the day the benefits financially out way the fact the two teams playing in the GF will be from different conferences.

MugaB

Coach
I didn't make that shit conference, mine was the 4 pool system, North, East, South,West, which is totally fair, not sure if there is a flaw regarding it

MugaB

Coach
You are all missing the whole point around what is economically viable for the game going forward.

Please have a look at how the two conference system works in the NFL and get back to me and then you may understand a little better on the merits or otherwise of this system.

Under the two conference system you have to accept a play off system where there will be one from the Sydney conference and one from the other conference playing in the Super GF. This system is totally foreign to anything we have ever been used too but at the end of the day the benefits financially out way the fact the two teams playing in the GF will be from different conferences.
Still is NSWRL vs ARL(the rest)
Its not economical, are you only replying, or you actually reading any posts that others have made, not a mention of anything we've wrote, just droning on about sydney conferences vs the rest, "oh they'll, work it out the details" lets just copy america or AFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts