What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
So did Wesser early on. Needs to learn (or be coached) how to use his speed to get to ground for quick play the balls.

I'm interested in how his strengths can improve our side. And guys with his speed are few and far between. Or we can keep playing safe/conservative.

Honestly don’t see him as a better option than what we’ve got. If we want to spice things up a little then Crichton to fullback is the way I’d go. Or maybe even Burton. Both are quick, but they’re big too.

Abacus

Juniors
Staines Laurie and mcgrady all 6 foot fast indigenous boys coming through at fullback no 1 is not an issue for us going forward but aekins has to go.
Probably not PC, but why does it matter that they're indigenous?

And hasn't McGrady had 2 knee reco's now. I just worry that we're falling into the trap of over-hyping our juniors....again.

franklin2323

Immortal
Not sure that 2 out of 5 is enough. And neither of those 2 are real speedsters.

What do you class as real speedsters? Crichton showed plenty of speed v Dragons.
Naden an 80m try v Warriors last year
No but To’o is decent enough speed wise. Burton smoked RTS on the weekend so that gives more speed

We don’t have any out and out speedsters. But To’o, Burton, Crichton, Naden, Edwards & Staines are all fairly quick. Mansour, Aekins & Whare is where the problem is.

Abacus

Juniors
What do you class as real speedsters? Crichton showed plenty of speed v Dragons.
Naden an 80m try v Warriors last year
No but To’o is decent enough speed wise. Burton smoked RTS on the weekend so that gives more speed
Both Naden & Crichton got run down by a couple of opposition players. I'm after someone like we had with Wesser (Amos Roberts too) where once they were in space it's shut the gate. None of our squad appears to have that type of speed.

franklin2323

Immortal
Both Naden & Crichton got run down by a couple of opposition players. I'm after someone like we had with Wesser (Amos Roberts too) where once they were in space it's shut the gate. None of our squad appears to have that type of speed.

Who has that speed though? Canberra are favourites to win the comp and have not much speed.
Knights beat them today only Ponga and Lee have speed

Kilkenny

Coach

There is quick and there is blistering speed. Wesser and Amos Roberts has blistering speed. No one amongst our current backs are anything close to possessing blistering speed.

Abacus

Juniors
Who has that speed though? Canberra are favourites to win the comp and have not much speed.
Knights beat them today only Ponga and Lee have speed
Coming full circle, I put Dufty in that category. Not the quickest in the comp but probably among the quickest FBs & (more importantly) quicker than any of ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.