1. Grand Final Edition OUT NOW:

The 2020 NRL & NRLW Grand Final edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for Sunday's Grand Final Day! Also includes Super League Round 17 and 18 squads.

The Grand Final edition brings you special stories from each camp - Paul Jobber chats with Panthers legend Scott Sattler recounts his famous moment in the sides 2003 title win and looks to the current crop of Penrith players; while Rob Crosby looks at Josh Addo-Carr as he laces up for what could be his final Storm game. Rick Edgerton has a Clive Churchill Medal guide, while Joshua Wells speaks to Brisbane NRLW star Millie Boyle as the Broncos cruise toward a Women's threepeat on Sunday.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the programme for both Grand Final Day matches along with teamlists and details for Rounds 17 and 18 of the Super League - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine for your Grand Final reading!

EDITION 22 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Discussion in 'Penrith Panthers' started by herbert henry1908, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Blade23

Blade23 Juniors

Crichton will be next. They have a high priority to get an extension done with him soon.

2. Jane Murray

Jane Murray Juniors

And Matt Burton?

John Hamblin likes this.
  3. WestyLife

WestyLife Juniors

The club must have high hopes for Crichton watching how they've been the last year and this.

Jane Murray likes this.
  4. Blade23

Blade23 Juniors

Not yet. He is still contracted till the end of 2021. If he usurps Luai before the year is out they will upgrade before the vultures circle.

5. Jane Murray

Jane Murray Juniors

At the moment, he has outplayed Luai.

6. Blade23

Blade23 Juniors

A very high opinion of him. Other clubs too. When the Dogs signed his brother they made a sneaky play for Stephen too.

7. Panther Mick

Panther Mick Juniors

Anything on Tamou?

8. Blade23

Blade23 Juniors

As of last week a statemate.
    GM is playing his cards very close to his chest. If I hear anymore on him I will post.

9. WestyLife

WestyLife Juniors

Not surprised. We've been hearing talk for what? 18 months about how good he is.

Jane Murray likes this.
  10. Kilkenny

Kilkenny First Grade

I heard Tamou on Big Sports Breakfast this morning, didn’t catch the start of his interview and what I did catch I didn’t hear any discussions on his future so that may have been talked about in the first part? He spoke very well actually, as he is not a natural.

11. WestyLife

WestyLife Juniors

I don't have anything against Tamou. He came good the longer he was here. Mostly I'm hoping for Lenui to get on the bench long term.

MugaB likes this.
  12. Kilkenny

Kilkenny First Grade

I think Lenui will be starting before too long. He is a really top prospect.

Tamou was a really good signing for us, his first season was a tad average, but he has got better, really consistent, rarely injured and never let’s us down. I think he would be worth a two year deal but I can understand his desire to secure his families financial future hence a three year deal in the UK is probably appealing to him. I happy to go with what ever he ultimately decides.

WestyLife likes this.
  13. Aliceinwonderland

Aliceinwonderland Bench

I'm sitting on the fence re Tamou. Last couple of years he's been great for us. The Fish has taken over as the top front rower in the club. He is climbing fast and well. I'll go with what the club decides better to let him leave too early than stay too long. James Graham a good example of this. Playing his guts out but he is broken.

MugaB and Kilkenny like this.
  14. Luke Bowden

Luke Bowden Bench

I’d like Tamou for 1 more season, he’s great, but more than one and think he starts to take time away from the young blokes.

15. franklin2323

franklin2323 Referee

You are knew here but I didn’t want Latrell or anyone because he will be better

John Hamblin and WestyLife like this.
  16. Kilkenny

Kilkenny First Grade

Good point. His next contract is his retirement/superannuation pay day.

I tend to think he would offer reasonable value at the right price but as you say James Graham is an example of a player who has clearly gone on a season or two longer than he should have. Not that I blame him given the money they earn. If I was in there position I would keep playing too if they kept on paying me the sort of money they are earning.

Aliceinwonderland likes this.
  17. WestyLife

WestyLife Juniors

That's a big claim. For all the trouble Mitchell has received in the media he's still world class.

18. franklin2323

franklin2323 Referee

He would be if not so lazy

19. WestyLife

WestyLife Juniors

The laziness is overstated. There were games the Roosters played down the opposite side most of the time, the commentary would say he was not involved enough and was lazy and the myth was born.

Even so we are talking raw natural talent. If Crichton is better than damn.

martielang likes this.
  20. Blade23

Blade23 Juniors

I listened to the replay from the podcast. It is a good interview from him.
    I would say he certainly grown into the role as captain, quite a few at the club look up to him.
    He has gotten better with his interviews over time. I think being captain has brought him out of his shell a bit from a few years ago.

Pomoz, Kilkenny and kinghippo like this.