What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxlegend99

Referee
May has been fairly average in all of his NRL appearances aside from his debut season.

He might kick on. But I recall him copping criticism on here in his last few games for us several years ago. Since his debut season he has missed a huge chunk of footy through an ACL injury... The games in NRL since were poor. Then another huge chunk of time through his suspension and being suspended again while on suspension.

Yet somehow he has become more highly rated since? Age is on his side. But he isn't close to deserving Wade Graham comparisons. Bryce Cartwright / Blake Austin would be fairer. Carty especially since they both got into scandalous drama with us. May however seems to have a better mind to cope with his mistake though

mxlegend99

Referee
I think he'd be a decent lock tbh especially with the quicker ruck speed.
Radley and Murray are a couple of smaller guys with ball playing that give hope that type of lock could become a bigger part of teams again. Jurbo is a ball player also but gets through his big workload too.

Given our lack of ball playing fullbacks

soc123_au

Staff member
I'd like to see May get a decent run in 1st grade to see what he can do. He hasnt really had the chance through injury & stupidity to show what he has got. Hopefully he is worth the effort. Now this has nothing to do with a comparison on talent, but have a look at Tedesco. Barely sighted his first few years of NRL & look at him now.

Hooked

Juniors
A little bit of to much hype on what May could be. What I have seen from him so far. I would say average with the odd glimpse.
Plenty of players receive hype in the lower grades and don't make it or kick on.

Panfa

Juniors
He was good when he 1st arrived but after 3 knee recos hes gone backwards.Not his fault the club signed him to a 5yr deal but it will be the clubs fault if he is still here to honor it.With naden mcgrady waiting in the wings we cant hold them back any longer.Yeah he csn put on a great shot every now and then that inspires the team but centres need to create for there outside men and he aint doing that.

maple_69

Bench
Good to hear. Best centre in the game for a few years before injuries cruelled him. I don’t think we’ve had the structure and right edge to really make use of him the last few years so I’d love to see how he goes elsewhere. I think the club that signs him will be very happy with what they get.

Keen to see Naden get a run for a few months so we can figure out if we need to try and splash out for a centre. There’s really not much out there but if you plugged Joey Manu into our right edge it’d really complete our squad.

MugaB

Coach
Good to hear. Best centre in the game for a few years before injuries cruelled him. I don’t think we’ve had the structure and right edge to really make use of him the last few years so I’d love to see how he goes elsewhere. I think the club that signs him will be very happy with what they get.

Keen to see Naden get a run for a few months so we can figure out if we need to try and splash out for a centre. There’s really not much out there but if you plugged Joey Manu into our right edge it’d really complete our squad.
Big fan of Manu, if we didn't have so many juniors, i would be chasing him, but centres a good spot to try out juniors, so i cant see us wasting good money on a centre, better to save it for Burton and Chricton

kinghippo

Juniors
Big fan of Manu, if we didn't have so many juniors, i would be chasing him, but centres a good spot to try out juniors, so i cant see us wasting good money on a centre, better to save it for Burton and Chricton
Manu not long ago signed a big brown paper bag deal with the Rorters, he will be there as long as they want him.
As for whare I hope he cashes In overseas, he isn’t what we need at the Panthers at the moment but he deserves a lot of praise for a good career.

Kilkenny

Coach

Gus actually made a play for Manu when he had not locked down a starting spot at the Roosters but obviously the Roosters knew of his potential and nothing never ever came of the approach. Sometime later we brought in Matheson Johns and Adam Keighran both of whom have since moved on. We haven’t had a lot of joy recruiting outside backs, due for a change of luck.

Kilkenny

Coach
In respect of Dean Whare if he wishes to continue playing, he will almost certainly have to look overseas. 31 by the time next season rolls around so if he want’s to play for another two or three years, one last contract, he would definitely have to go to UK. He’s fairly settled in Glenmore Park and has a couple of young ones which is the only downside to going overseas, it is not easy taking a large family to the UK where the quality of life is very different to what his family would enjoy here. Not least of all it rains for 300 days of the year and 6 hours of daylight in the winter months can be a tough slog, very hard to acclimatise to.

Status
Not open for further replies.