What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestyLife

First Grade
I think he was sticking up for you.

Seriously people, the sensitivity in here is making me lactate. Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one & is entitled to it. Stop taking everything as an insult.

giphy.gif

WestyLife

First Grade

The Tigers haven't exactly had good defence and their attack with Ivan and Webster wasn't exactly inspiring.

images - 2020-10-29T113741.197.jpeg

Nathan rated 9.5 vs the Roosters and 7.9 against the Rabbitohs (average among those who submitted ratings). These are good scores in anyone's language. I gave him 6 in the GF. We lost the game and the Storm found a way to nullify him. I don't believe it was a poor performance but well below his best. Tried hard. Maybe I was a bit harsh.

As I said, I was talking about the absolute biggest games. Round 1 of the finals I don’t consider in that class. He’s never had a big game in his 5 Origins or GF, the best game was against Souths in a prelim. But it wasn’t dominant.

The Tigers haven't exactly had good defence and their attack with Ivan and Webster wasn't exactly inspiring.

View attachment 43391

I have real concerns that as time goes on, Ivan will have more and more influence over appointments and they’ll get worse and worse. His recruitment at the Tigers was awful.

This smack of jobs for the boys. Ivan has a long history of sticking by his favourites.

Get over it. It’s history now. It happened. For the most of us we accepted it and moved on why do you feel the need to bang on about it?????

Because that’s the whole point of these boards.

Why do you feel the need to constantly police other people’s posts???????

You remain an absolute dickhead of the highest order. The finals were great around here without you posting.

I don’t get the fact you are down on Nathan. He did his best, we did our best it wasn’t good enough on the night. Suck it up like the rest of us. We are proud of Nathan, we are proud of our team and we had a fantastic season.

Could you not just be positive for once in your life and acknowledge a great season overall and spare us the personal attacks on certain players, individuals etc.

We are all well aware we didn’t perform to our best on the night but that doesn’t detract from what was a great season and we don’t really need you banging on about Nathan or any of our other players who I’m sure will still be feeling the pain along with our supporters.

I never attacked a player *personally*

You clearly don’t even understand what a personal attack is. If I called you a f**kwit, which you so clearly are, that’s a personal attack. If I said you did a bad job at work, that’s *not* a personal attack.

I’ve been positive plenty, it’s just the fact you don’t want to see it. If you go and look at the thread when we won the minor premiership I posted a long post about how this was a great season, and no matter what happens from now on we should be proud of it. I stand by that. But that doesn’t mean I can’t talk about what went wrong in the grand final.

Your incessant need to police other people’s opinions is pathetic, you must be an absolute punish to be around in real life.

snickers007

Juniors
I have real concerns that as time goes on, Ivan will have more and more influence over appointments and they’ll get worse and worse. His recruitment at the Tigers was awful.

This smack of jobs for the boys. Ivan has a long history of sticking by his favourites.

Not saying you're wrong - but in such a results driven business, I don't understand 'jobs for the boys'. Surely it should just be 'who will get us the best results?'.

Ivan's job security is so strongly linked to the team's performance. Not sure I'd want to risk my million dollar job on a mate who I knew was out of his depth.

I guess he either believes Webster is the best man for the job, or he has enough money stuffed under the lounge to last him a while.

Not saying you're wrong - but in such a results driven business, I don't understand 'jobs for the boys'. Surely it should just be 'who will get us the best results?'.

Ivan's job security is so strongly linked to the team's performance. Not sure I'd want to risk my million dollar job on a mate who I knew was out of his depth.

I guess he either believes Webster is the best man for the job, or he has enough money stuffed under the lounge to last him a while.

Good point. It’s probably not so much ‘jobs for the boys’, but more of an unconscious bias towards people he’s friendly with.

But he does have a fair bit of security with us, still 3 years remaining at a very high price, and I’d say he could get an extension right now if he wanted it.

WestyLife

First Grade

You'd think so but rugby league has a ling and disastrous history of nepotism.

The Realist

Juniors

Yes, One of the big reasons why I still have huge reservations about Ivan being a good coach. He has made some strides toward being one but his nepotistic tendencies are a huge concern moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts