What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Brisvegas is paying some freight he might be worth it (short term)

Even then I would be surprised we could afford him. Most of the talk has been we are struggling to retain the nippers. Crichton, Luai, Burton (if he stays) will need significant upgrades. If Yeo makes Origin maybe he goes up a bit. Staines got an upgrade to what he was on.
Unless we are getting rid of a few others?

WestyLife

First Grade
Even then I would be surprised we could afford him. Most of the talk has been we are struggling to retain the nippers. Crichton, Luai, Burton (if he stays) will need significant upgrades. If Yeo makes Origin maybe he goes up a bit. Staines got an upgrade to what he was on.

Yeah we're more likely to upgrade a junior on minimum wage.

Godamn he was good.

Always annoys me when people use his later years to deny how much talent he has. Yeah he's been crap for a while now but he was outstanding in the 2015/16 period.

He has it within him. Just needs a coach who can get it out of him.

The yak

Juniors
After suffering through the grand final we need a hard edge, that and learn again how to patiently build pressure.
If Brisbane is paying I would get Lodge. It would be a mongrel pack we would have.

Kilkenny

Coach

I would be very , very surprised if there was anything in us considering Matt Lodge.

Even with Brisbane chipping in a significant amount he would still be out of our reach.

I was hoping we would have just kept Jack he was the perfect like for like replacement for James Tamou.

I would be very , very surprised if there was anything in us considering Matt Lodge.

Even with Brisbane chipping in a significant amount he would still be out of our reach.

I was hoping we would have just kept Jack he was the perfect like for like replacement for James Tamou.

I too would have liked to kept Hetherington.

hindy111

Post Whore
Crazy brave.

Parramatta the place where ex Penrith go to die (Career wise LOL) Sorry Hindy.

I been calling for his signing. Firstly its not 500k that you guys or the titans paid. Its min wage. Whatever that is for a top 30 player. Considering the guys in your top 30 filling spots 25-30 will rarely play NRL how is it a poor signing?
At worse he takes one of those spots. At best he forces his way into the top 17 and maybe even starts.
At 25 his body would be in peak. BA hopefully can get his attitude right. If does he can fill the potential he has. You do not lose all that talent.

hindy111

Post Whore
Any news on Burton?

This is how I see the side and how it needs to improve.

One is experience. They have 3 finals games under belt now. It helps. Even Parra performed better in the big games this season.

I'd say Mansour will be moved on. Staines will start.

I also feel Edwards either needs to learn to ball play or move on. Twice in the GF there was a 3 on 2. And he passed to early. Not suggesting it was a try gone begging. But there was another 30 mtrs+ to be had.
He is a great player. But balls skills are ordinary. I remember thinking if had a ball playing full back you may of won.
Perhaps Burton or Luai moves there.

Kilkenny

Coach
I been calling for his signing. Firstly its not 500k that you guys or the titans paid. Its min wage. Whatever that is for a top 30 player. Considering the guys in your top 30 filling spots 25-30 will rarely play NRL how is it a poor signing?
At worse he takes one of those spots. At best he forces his way into the top 17 and maybe even starts.
At 25 his body would be in peak. BA hopefully can get his attitude right. If does he can fill the potential he has. You do not lose all that talent.

I hope Bryce goes well and is able to get back to somewhere near his best.

I doubt he has been signed on the ‘minimum wage’ that is unlikely to say the least but I agree he has had to accept a significant pay cut and perhaps the Titans are chipping in to get him off there books.

Not sure where your club has found the money to fund what is now four new signings for next season but the salary cap works in mysterious ways I guess.

hindy111

Post Whore

I doubt he has been signed on the ‘minimum wage’ that is unlikely to say the least but I agree he has had to accept a significant pay cut and perhaps the Titans are chipping in to get him off there books.

Not sure where your club has found the money to fund what is now four new signings for next season but the salary cap works in mysterious ways I guess.

Parra well 11 of top 30 had left. And that's not counting Alvaro,GJ or MJ.

Kane Evans 400k. Gone
Taka 250k Gone
MJ will be gone but would of had significant pay cut.
Terepo 200k
Alvaro will be gone.250k
Davey gone( min)
Jai Field (min)

Papali comes on id say over 200k. But Opacic,Bryce and the back up hooker are all min contract signings.

WestyLife

First Grade

He's definitely on minimum wage. No one wanted him and they're taking a risk free go. Succeed and he's an amazing talent, fail and he doesn't play just like most players in that bottom tier reserves.

hindy111

Post Whore
How did it all go so wrong for this kid? He come through the same time as Yeo. And he had loads more talent. Now they are miles apart career wise.

Kilkenny

Coach
Parra well 11 of top had already 30 left. And that's not counting Alvaro,GJ or MJ

Kane Evans 400k. Gone
Taka 250k Gone
Terepo 200k
Alvaro will be gone.250k
Davey gone( min)
Jai Field (min)

Panthers have released or allowed to leave Shawn Blore, Kaide Ellis, Jed Cartwright and Dean Blore (all mid season) and Aekins, Tamou, Hetherington, B McGrady, MWZ and Pat Hollis at the season’s end. I think the total contract worth of the players we have lost/released would exceed the total cap value of the players you have released and your club has actively recruited 4 new players. I understand the Eels are not having the issues were having with contract upgrades but still I am a little surprised by your active recruitment and surely you guys must be spending close next years cap by now, whatever it may be.

Kilkenny

Coach
How did it all go so wrong for this kid? He come through the same time as Yeo. And he had loads more talent. Now they are miles apart career wise.

It’s not hard to identify where it went wrong for Bryce that is the easy part.

In comparison’s with the likes of Isaac Yeo depends on how you define ‘talent’. Yeo much more talented in my opinion because he possesses key attributes not least being commitment, dedication, passion and most importantly ‘heart’.

murraymob

Coach
It’s not hard to identify where it went wrong for Bryce that is the easy part.

In comparison’s with the likes of Isaac Yeo depends on how you define ‘talent’. Yeo much more talented in my opinion because he possesses key attributes not least being commitment, dedication, passion and most importantly ‘heart’.
Talent is one thing hard work is another that’s where it went wrong

Parra well 11 of top 30 had left. And that's not counting Alvaro,GJ or MJ.

Kane Evans 400k. Gone
Taka 250k Gone
Terepo 200k
Alvaro will be gone.250k
Davey gone( min)
Jai Field (min)

Papali comes on id say over 200k. But Opacic,Bryce and the back up hooker are all min contract signings.

I like Papalii got good potential if BA can get the best out of him.

What happened to Alvaro? He has gone off the boil. Struggled this year and last year. Wasn't he Parramatta's player of the year a few years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.