What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Thanks for you information I appreciate it. It's been like a trip to the dentist.

Sadly with these young blokes player manager types create all types of poo. Kinda dissappointing.

Jane Murray

Bench
Should be sorted out very soon. Unless his new manager throws another curveball. Very disappointing. It was all wrapped up months ago, and the club in good faith expected it to be signed off on once the new manager came on board. A little naive in my opinion, but I do think the original offer is fair.

Going to cost us, someone, we want to keep. Whether it be a mid pricer or a junior looking for an upgrade. Someone will go or not be retained. 2022 is a nightmare. We had a very successful season (albeit without a premiership) and we a going to pay for it.
Then Critter should be shown the door. So much for being a man of honour.

WestyLife

First Grade
Should be sorted out very soon. Unless his new manager throws another curveball. Very disappointing. It was all wrapped up months ago, and the club in good faith expected it to be signed off on once the new manager came on board. A little naive in my opinion, but I do think the original offer is fair.

Going to cost us, someone, we want to keep. Whether it be a mid pricer or a junior looking for an upgrade. Someone will go or not be retained. 2022 is a nightmare. We had a very successful season (albeit without a premiership) and we a going to pay for it.

So much for Crichton's Christianity.

Matthew 19:24

"And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God."

The bible is also full of passages about keeping your word/promises.

-

A manager's job is to make money for themselves and their client but there's a conflict of principle going on here.

franklin2323

Immortal

"And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God."

-

A manager's job is to make money for themselves and their client but there's a conflict of principle going on here.

Nothing can compete with the all mighty dollar.

These young guys better kick on now

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

-

A manager's job is to make money for themselves and their client but there's a conflict of priristrnciple going on here.

Thanks for bringing this up......As a Christain myself I am having concerns about this, unless of course he subscribes to be prosperity gospel.........

Stephen does line himself up on his Christainty platform. Perhaps he needs to post less about it, and live it more.

I'm all for blokes wanting to get what their entitled to, but to me this doesn't pass the 'what would Jesus do' quest. Espeically if he shook Ivan's hand mid year on a deal asking them to wait for his new manager.

I know the boy is young. And yep I'm frustrated this had dragged on longer than the run of Blue Hills on the radio

WestyLife

First Grade
Nothing can compete with the all mighty dollar.

These young guys better kick on now

Agreed.

Thanks for bringing this up......As a Christain myself I am having concerns about this, unless of course he subscribes to be prosperity gospel.........

Stephen does line himself up on his Christainty platform. Perhaps he needs to post less about it, and live it more.

I'm all for blokes wanting to get what their entitled to, but to me this doesn't pass the 'what would Jesus do' quest. Espeically if he shook Ivan's hand mid year on a deal asking them to wait for his new manager.

I know the boy is young. And yep I'm frustrated this had dragged on longer than the run of Blue Hills on the radio

Same they should get what they've earned but at this point he hasn't really done much in the game. He's getting by on promise of potential and his above average physical talents. Oh also playing outside Kikau and Luai helps. The original deal of $500k was very generous for a centre.

Also also don't like the breaking of his word.

Blues Riff

Bench
Are you sure your not mixining up the buzz colour that said he was at Cronulla walking with his parents
Nah mate. The Burtons had a huge weekend.
Breakfast in the Shire, bought a new car in Parra, a tour of Belmore, flew to the G.C for swim, dinner in Canberra, clubbing in Melbourne.... and that was just Friday.

BxTom

Bench
Personally I wasn't thrilled about his outburst in the media.....but that's me. That could have been said privately without being splashed all over the back page. I don't think Sauce did himself any favours.
When Penrith put it all over the front page already? Don't blame him.

Kilkenny

Coach
Maybe the NRL have. Made all retention committees go into a isolation bubble.Would account for no signature .But a lot leaving
Just waiting for packer to be announced as our next prop or Taylor to come back to Penrith

Thankfully I recognise your cynicism?

Exsilium

First Grade
I genuinely do not think all is well in Pantherland.

Take a step back and see it unfolding (In no real order)

- Barrett signs with the Bulldogs.
- Burton immediately linked to the Bulldogs
- We drop Naden, weeks prior he was linked to the Storm.
- We lose the GF
- Tamou is not re-signed.
- Whare told to leave
- Mansour gets told he's not wanted. Media all over it.
- Crighton gets a new manager and then its uncertain we will re-sign him.

I look at the above and think to myself that there's something seriously wrong and there's a lot of destabilising factors and we're going to end up with egg on our faces.

I could be completely wrong but GF sides should be able to retain their juniors, re-sign their captain and manage the exits of players better than this.

My left field opinion is that Barrett had a bigger influence on the side than we may think. He leaves, all of a sudden the chips are down.

Maybe I am clutching at straws.

- We lose the GF
- Whare told to leave

I look at the above and think to myself that there's something seriously wrong and there's a lot of destabilising factors and we're going to end up with egg on our faces.

I could be completely wrong but GF sides should be able to retain their juniors, re-sign their captain and manage the exits of players better than this.

My left field opinion is that Barrett had a bigger influence on the side than we may think. He leaves, all of a sudden the chips are down.

I genuinely hope that you’re wrong BUT it certainly doesn’t look too good.

Kilkenny

Coach

- We lose the GF
- Whare told to leave

It’s just the salary cap, nothing more nothing less.

It’s dollars, it’s managers it is just what it is. It’s success.

Don’t read too much into it, this is a tight unit, the playing have a lot of love and most if not all will still be together in 2021 and beyond.

If someone chooses to take the big bucks on offer with another club good luck to them we will survive, there will always be another Crichton or Burton coming thru our ranks we are a development club and we should be proud of it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.