What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is playing in the 17 though. Where has someone stuck around in lower grades?

I’m only talking one year, I wouldn’t expect him to hang around for years in reserve grade. There’s a chance Laurie will have secured a position in our starting lineup or on the bench by the end of next year.

Kilkenny

Coach
Mansour would be a very useful pick up for the West’s Tigers and I’m sure he would get a two year deal with perhaps the option of a third which from a monetary perspective would be highly beneficial for him. We all know his preference was to stay with us but from purely a money perspective I’m sure he will see the long term benefit and get over the disappointment he is feeling currently. Sad but it just the way the salary cap works unfortunately.

Kilkenny

Coach
I’m confident Matt Cameron and Ivan Cleary are all over our salary cap predicament and therefore not fall into the trap of getting involved in bidding wars over certain players.

It just seems all clubs are tight with what they have left available to spend so we just need to stick to our guns and offer what is fair and reasonable to certain players. Paying overs for one is going to cost us someone else. It’s tough and hopefully once Origin is out of the way our situation will become clearer. Frustrating waiting but I guess we just have to be patient and hope for the best.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Mansour would be a very useful pick up for the West’s Tigers and I’m sure he would get a two year deal with perhaps the option of a third which from a monetary perspective would be highly beneficial for him. We all know his preference was to stay with us but from purely a money perspective I’m sure he will see the long term benefit and get over the disappointment he is feeling currently. Sad but it just the way the salary cap works unfortunately.

Personally I wasn't thrilled about his outburst in the media.....but that's me. That could have been said privately without being splashed all over the back page. I don't think Sauce did himself any favours.

Kilkenny

Coach
Personally I wasn't thrilled about his outburst in the media.....but that's me. That could have been said privately without being splashed all over the back page. I don't think Sauce did himself any favours.

You have to cut Josh some slack. His disappointment is entirely under stable but if he does get a deal elsewhere extending his NRL career I think he will recognise it has worked in his favour. He just needs time to get over his disappointment and he deserves that. He has been great for us and was one of best this season. Personally I would loved to see him finish as a Panther, he deserved too, even if it looks increasingly unlikely. We better hope the likes of Staines delivers going forward because a lot of faith and money are being invested in him and perhaps one or two others assuming they are re-signed.

John Hamblin

Juniors
We may have to pay part of Josh Mansour salary next year if he gets a deal elsewhere. That's the least we can do for him a great clubman but father time is catching up with him. Does anyone one know Blade perhaps how much longer we will be pay part of RCG and Waqa Blake's salary??

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
You have to cut Josh some slack. His disappointment is entirely under stable but if he does get a deal elsewhere extending his NRL career I think he will recognise it has worked in his favour. He just needs time to get over his disappointment and he deserves that. He has been great for us and was one of best this season. Personally I would loved to see him finish as a Panther, he deserved too, even if it looks increasingly unlikely. We better hope the likes of Staines delivers going forward because a lot of faith and money are being invested in him and perhaps one or two others assuming they are re-signed.

Yep your right maybe I'm being way harsh.....LOL

He's been a wonderful clubman over the years. I hope for his sake he can sort out in his brain.

It's always a risk going on to the next big thing. Fact is Charlie wouldn't have re-signed if that assurance of a start wasn't given.

Jimmy Maloney (I know different type of personality). I loved the way he dealt with the issue of being moved on for a youngin. I thought it was a healthy attutude.

Feel fof Joshie. Hope someway he can stay and still contribute.

Kilkenny

Coach
Yep your right maybe I'm being way harsh.....LOL

He's been a wonderful clubman over the years. I hope for his sake he can sort out in his brain.

It's always a risk going on to the next big thing. Fact is Charlie wouldn't have re-signed if that assurance of a start wasn't given.

Jimmy Maloney (I know different type of personality). I loved the way he dealt with the issue of being moved on for a youngin. I thought it was a healthy attutude.

Feel fof Joshie. Hope someway he can stay and still contribute.

When Jimmy came to us he did have the security of a three year deal but his exit to Catalans was secured and kept in house by April/May in his second season with us.

Josh’s comments around his meeting with the club are just him speaking from the heart not necessarily the head and assuming he gets an extended deal elsewhere will realise in time it was the best outcome for all parties, sad as it is.

murraymob

Coach
Maybe the NRL have. Made all retention committees go into a isolation bubble.Would account for no signature .But a lot leaving
Just waiting for packer to be announced as our next prop or Taylor to come back to Penrith

Blade23

Juniors
From the Tele

Elsewhere the Wests Tigers are closing on Penrith Panthers fullback Daine Laurie.

Laurie played three games in season 2020 after making his NRL debut in round 13 and has one more year remaining on his development contract at the club.

The two parties are in negotiations to finalise the move but it’s believed the Wests Tigers have offered Laurie a two-year deal from season 2022.

Born and raised in Iluka on the NSW north coast, Laurie joined Penrith’s SG Ball outfit in 2017 and went on to the named the Jersey Flegg player of the year in 2018, where he scored 17 tries, made 119 tackle busts and 20 line breaks from 22 matches.

But after a resurgence from Dylan Edwards, Laurie found himself down the pecking order for the no.1 jumper at Penrith.

The 21-year old is one of 13 players off contract - without a contract option - at the end of season 2021 at the Panthers.

Penrith’s salary cap squeeze has meant the grand finalists are open to exploring a number of early releases, including for the likes of Laurie, rising halfback Matt Burton and Josh Mansour.

The Bulldogs have offered Burton a two-year deal from season 2022 believed to be worth in the vicinity of $800,000.

But new coach Barrett, who was Ivan Cleary’s assistant at Penrith, is keen to have Burton join his ranks as soon as this pre-season
m the Tele

Tigers were sniffing around him mid-year, along with Staines.
He deserves a decent run in first grade.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Tigers were sniffing around him mid-year, along with Staines.
He deserves a decent run in first grade.

So he's on the way out you believe.

'Crighton re-signing' is becomming like the long running radio series on the radio called Blue Hills. How many more dramas, I believe I could be dead before this is sorted Any news ?

Blade23

Juniors
So he's on the way out you believe.

'Crighton re-signing' is becomming like the long running radio series on the radio called Blue Hills. How many more dramas, I believe I could be dead before this is sorted Any news ?

Should be sorted out very soon. Unless his new manager throws another curveball. Very disappointing. It was all wrapped up months ago, and the club in good faith expected it to be signed off on once the new manager came on board. A little naive in my opinion, but I do think the original offer is fair.

Going to cost us, someone, we want to keep. Whether it be a mid pricer or a junior looking for an upgrade. Someone will go or not be retained. 2022 is a nightmare. We had a very successful season (albeit without a premiership) and we a going to pay for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts