What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

MugaB

Coach
Re back up halves id just chat to Burton and if he is genuinely happy to stay id just hold onto him for the year, we are unlikely to find a better back up.

If he indicates he would rather go to the dogs early then I’d ask the dogs for wakeham and heaps of cash. Benji and Widdop are options but plenty of us have issues with them but we will struggle to do much better than that so ideally keep burto for a year and let us consider our options. Flegg and reserve grade next year will give us a better idea of what our young halves are like and if any of them could step into Burton’s role in 2022.
Ooooh i like Wakeham, he is like a mini Kikau, he would be a great back up half

Last edited:

Jane Murray

Bench
I think Whare still has plenty to offer our side.

As @Blade23 suggested earlier, he’s experienced and is a well liked member of the squad.

The club shouldn’t be held to ransom by player managers and a way of working around that is working with what we’ve got and if Whare can slot back in, is it so bad?
He is to injury prone.

MugaB

Coach
Wakeham could be good player. He just lacks game time and confidence IMO.
I enjoy watching the fiji internationals coz he is there, and the team around him, Kikau, Vunavalu etc, for me the nines were fun, except for the Sivo-Kikau combo, sivo bombed so many tries

martielang

Bench
I think Whare still has plenty to offer our side.

As @Blade23 suggested earlier, he’s experienced and is a well liked member of the squad.

The club shouldn’t be held to ransom by player managers and a way of working around that is working with what we’ve got and if Whare can slot back in, is it so bad?

Rubbish mate. He has nothing to offer as he’s not 18 & can’t run the 100m in 10 flat. These are the only requirements for being an outside back in this team.

betcats

Referee
Ooooh i like Wakeham, he is like a mini Kikau, he would be a great back up half

Plenty of vision and skill. No young half would’ve looked good in that dogs side last year. Playing behind our pack I think he could do some things. His size makes him a defensive liability but as a back up we could do worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.