What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilkenny

Coach
I think it may be Viliame Kikau.

Nth Queensland down a front rower after retirement of Ben Hannant and there have been reports they have been actively trying to secure a replacement.

He came from up there, may believe he has a greater chance of debuting with them than us.

mxlegend99

Referee
The first grade experienced guys I think we could release and not miss are:

Peta Hiku
Dean Whare
Sam Mckendry
Tim Browne
Mitch Rein

Hard to miss anyone who has barely played for us lately or not at all. if it were someone like Grevsmuhl or Akouolo it wouldnt be ideal. But it might remove a headache for who fits onto our bench and really doesnt effect our top 17 at all.

No one fits all the criteria.

mxlegend99

Referee
Yeah Grevsmuhl seemed to be slightly overrated. Solid player with a lot of potential... but no moreso than a bunch of blokes we already have.

Just opens up a chance for a young guy to get a run.

Kilkenny

Coach
It will be interesting to see whether we bring in another signing or elevate a couple of our youngsters to fill vacant spots in the top 25. I am hoping we rely on our younger brigade as there is a stack of them such as Saunders, Harawire-Naera, Waddell, Clark, May to name of few.

betcats

Referee
Its grevs, and there is more to it then just a release

Can you elaborate? I like Grevs, especially through the middle instead of out wide. If he signs with North Queensland im saying its just about money, they missed out on Ponga and lost Hannant which gives them money this year and a lot more they would of been planning on investing in Ponga from next season onwards. Either way it doesn't really effect us, we have good middle players coming out of our ass tbh but he did add some variation as someone who could really bust the line, we lack players like that imo.

snickers007

Juniors
Its grevs, and there is more to it then just a release

I'll reserve too much judgment until all the details come out, but I'm thinking that Grevs is a bit of a pea-heart that needs to babied. His departure from Souths should have signaled the red flags - but we had already signed him for 2017 at that stage.

franklin2323

Immortal
The release can say what they want to spin. Is there a person here that doesn't think Grevs will be in the Cowboys team for next year? They need forwards and he 'suddenly gets homesick'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts