What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxlegend99

Referee
The above is well said.
Add to that the fact that IC's reputation isn't so much as a world class coach . . . it's more about him displaying honour and morals, etc.
Gould/Penrith sacked him to tarnish those standards years ago . . . now, everyone in the NRL thinks that IC/Penrith are merkins for doing what they did, the way they did.
So Ivan's greatest attribute was battered 3 or whatever years ago, and now it has been permanently damaged. And he's tripping over his own 2 feet in the rush to get there.
So as you said . . . so many of his talents are shit. The one thing that held him in such high esteem were his standards. Now they are shit as well. let's see . . . shit times shit over 5 years equals ?
I get that he probs doesn't give a F what the NRL fans think of him . . . . but if you are a plod coach, and a merkin, you have less attributes that put you in demand.
Whatever I say will be treated with such intellectual replies as "suck shit". But you Billy are one of the few that can read the writing on the wall. Once WT fans get over the umbrage of that cheap, sell your soul merkin walking out on our club, we will wake up to the fact that Madge seems an upgrade.
And apparently many neutrals think so too. Not that that matters . . . .
Didnt bother to read this shit.

But I love how some idiots who thought Cleary was the f**king Messiah 6 months ago set to deliver them Nathan now think Panthers are f**ked in having him back. Changing tunes because you're butthurt.

We had Anthony Griffin as coach last year... we haven't seen a game plan in 3years aside from a few times Gus helped the team. Otherwise it has been how many points do we concede before ignoring Hooks wishes and playing footy.

If we decided to sack him on day 1 we could afford his payout. So a 5 year contract doesn't mean much to us. We are happy to sack coaches and can afford to do so.

mxlegend99

Referee
It really doesn’t matter what’s happened in the past, I was pissed when Ivan was sacked and I’m glade he’s back.

I’ll judge him after he’s had a fair crack with a decent team.

Definitely not passing judgement until he’s had a chance.
Yep.

Alot has changed since he got sacked. Get the pitchforks out if he fails. Im joining in if he does.

Matching Hooks results would still be a failure. We haven't taken a step forward in 3years and ouf closest team to a premiership was our 2014 side.

We should be able to take down competition heavy weights now. Tigers did with a far worse roster

Blues Riff

Bench
The above is well said.
Add to that the fact that IC's reputation isn't so much as a world class coach . . . it's more about him displaying honour and morals, etc.
Gould/Penrith sacked him to tarnish those standards years ago . . . now, everyone in the NRL thinks that IC/Penrith are merkins for doing what they did, the way they did.
So Ivan's greatest attribute was battered 3 or whatever years ago, and now it has been permanently damaged. And he's tripping over his own 2 feet in the rush to get there.
So as you said . . . so many of his talents are shit. The one thing that held him in such high esteem were his standards. Now they are shit as well. let's see . . . shit times shit over 5 years equals ?
I get that he probs doesn't give a F what the NRL fans think of him . . . . but if you are a plod coach, and a merkin, you have less attributes that put you in demand.
Whatever I say will be treated with such intellectual replies as "suck shit". But you Billy are one of the few that can read the writing on the wall. Once WT fans get over the umbrage of that cheap, sell your soul merkin walking out on our club, we will wake up to the fact that Madge seems an upgrade.
And apparently many neutrals think so too. Not that that matters . . . .
DoqIhvyU8AEaWGW.jpg

Exsilium

Coach
Months ago we had people saying we needed a premiership winning coach, anyone better than hook but someone who could take us to the next step.

The choices were few but the Tigers have ended up with the premiership winning coach and we get the one who “almost” got us there back when we had a premiership contending side (not my view of that side but a common view amongst fans)

Ivan Cleary could end up being the Brian Smith of coaching. Either that or plenty will eat their words, including me.

As it stands, I think this is a bad move but it is what it is and it will put the focus on the club and the team throughout the season, for better or worse.

franklin2323

Immortal
Months ago we had people saying we needed a premiership winning coach, anyone better than hook but someone who could take us to the next step.

The choices were few but the Tigers have ended up with the premiership winning coach and we get the one who “almost” got us there back when we had a premiership contending side (not my view of that side but a common view amongst fans)

Ivan Cleary could end up being the Brian Smith of coaching. Either that or plenty will eat their words, including me.

As it stands, I think this is a bad move but it is what it is and it will put the focus on the club and the team throughout the season, for better or worse.

Isn't it funny now many of those same people are happy with average

The Rosco

Bench
Didnt bother to read this shit.

But I love how some idiots who thought Cleary was the f**king Messiah 6 months ago set to deliver them Nathan now think Panthers are f**ked in having him back. Changing tunes because you're butthurt.

We had Anthony Griffin as coach last year... we haven't seen a game plan in 3years aside from a few times Gus helped the team. Otherwise it has been how many points do we concede before ignoring Hooks wishes and playing footy.

If we decided to sack him on day 1 we could afford his payout. So a 5 year contract doesn't mean much to us. We are happy to sack coaches and can afford to do so.
Is that like the idiots that sacked him, now pulled off one of the biggest merkin acts to get him back ?
Tunes, changing, butthurt ?

The Rosco

Bench
There’s no way Gould wanted Cleary back.
Ivan ? As an outsider to all that is Penrith, I would have bet that Gould had his paws all over this. But you'd know better. So who drove this mess then ?
I've got a shipment of Gould voodoo dolls that I might have to cancel !

franklin2323

Immortal
Ivan ? As an outsider to all that is Penrith, I would have bet that Gould had his paws all over this. But you'd know better. So who drove this mess then ?
I've got a shipment of Gould voodoo dolls that I might have to cancel !

I would say this is board driven

hindy111

Post Whore
The NRL put nominal values on players. They’d never accept a deal for Nathan Cleary at 300k a year.

This issue cropped up when the Eels tried to sign Israel Folau.

I’d say it’d have to be around the 700-800k mark.

But we’ve already signed Nathan anyway so it’s a moot point.

Yet Brisbane always has players staying for massive unders......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts