What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

betcats

Referee
Fair enough. Figured you were referencing Lodge, Packer etc.

Yeah I was also referring to them, but Packer is just a middling talent, Seggy has been the hooker of the year previously and has always seemed to have more in him.

Anyway it might just come down to no clubs being desperate for a hooker as you have said.

No one wants Seggy.

CHANGED SEGEYARO STILL WITHOUT A CLUB

James Segeyaro is one of the most dangerous hookers out of dummy-half in the game - but his past off-field indiscretions could cost him his career in the NRL.

Segeyaro remains unsigned for next season after being released by Cronulla and is fast running out of time to get a new club.

The Eels, Knights and Bulldogs have all shown some interest in the speedy hooker, but dropped off.

I’ve spoken to Segeyaro and he swears he is a changed man - and will listen to any offers that come his way.

He’s the type of player who can win two or three games a year on his own, and that makes me think he’ll get a start somewhere before too long.
https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/nrl-ne...extended/46643f2f-6ba7-4950-b949-02fad661263c

Off-topic slightly, I wonder who the cocaine snorter was?

mxlegend99

Referee
Yet Lodge should be banned for life.
Well he should.

The NRL being so forgiving of shit is no doubt a big contributing factor for such a terrible off-season.

I normally would be happy to forgive a guy guilty of dumb shit like Segeyaro. But after this off-season we would probably be best off distancing ourself from anyone like that. We had a reserve grader as our only form of scandal so far. Pretty good all things considered.

Abacus

Juniors
I'd give Sege a 1 + 1 (club option) deal. Gives us a potential hooking option for 2020 without being bent over a barrel by Egan's and Katoa's managers. If we extend both, extension of Sege is purely on 2019 performance.

OldPanther

Coach
Very different men from everything I know

Well he should.

The NRL being so forgiving of shit is no doubt a big contributing factor for such a terrible off-season.

I normally would be happy to forgive a guy guilty of dumb shit like Segeyaro. But after this off-season we would probably be best off distancing ourself from anyone like that. We had a reserve grader as our only form of scandal so far. Pretty good all things considered.

Watching a bloke lick some minge and having dinner with bikies is a lot different terrorising people. James may be a bit loose, but he is hardly a danger to society.

My point is we either do or don't care what they do off the field.

Personally I think there's more to Sege than the off field thing keeping him out. We have much worse in the game so makes no sense why he isn't unless there's something we don't know. For example he has a bad attitude with training or something.

age.s

First Grade
Seg is a long way from hooker of the year material nowdays, but he would be at worst a solid depth option at most clubs and probably a walk up start at the others. It's pretty damning if he's saying "name your price" and no one is interested.

franklin2323

Immortal
Well he should.

The board and Gus know the off field stuff. Most of the players are banned from the leagues club. So it isn't like you need to be a cleanskin but who knows what stuff was done that didn't make the papers.

There would be a reason no one wants him.

soc123_au

Staff member
Really, so who is the better bloke, from everything you know?

Have a guess.

Lodge is a self entitled f**kwit with no empathy. He thinks he is above the law and others rights are meaningless. And this was before the shit in the US went down. Him & his sister are psychopaths.

Seggy likes to party and has a bit of an attitude problem.

Have a guess.

Lodge is a self entitled f**kwit with no empathy. He thinks he is above the law and others rights are meaningless. And this was before the shit in the US went down. Him & his sister are psychopaths.

Seggy likes to party and has a bit of an attitude problem.
Nothing more to add really. Seg has never tried to kill a family

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts