What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crashtest

Juniors
He’s best mates / business partners, with Corey Norman. It’s only a matter of time before he’s in some sort of Scandal.

I like Segs (as a player) I’d love to have him back. But I can see why clubs are hesitant, it’s all about risk vs reward. I guess they figure he’s not good enough to be worth the risk.

But even Norman seems to have finally pulled his head in though. The tapes of him released in the media are several years old, and even the NRL said there is no action to be taken because they had already seen them and dealt with it. The Saints would of done their due diligence before signing him

I'm 'not trying to say Segeyaro is now a saint, just that there has been no reports of any off-field incidents, or behavioral issues. I know not everything gets reported, but rumours tend to start circulating when player behaviors are getting out of hand even before the big media scandal happens eg Carney, Ferguson, Pearce. With Segeyaro there has been no rumors at all, and nothing to say that he is still hanging around with bikies.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
But even Norman seems to have finally pulled his head in though. The tapes of him released in the media are several years old, and even the NRL said there is no action to be taken because they had already seen them and dealt with it. The Saints would of done their due diligence before signing him

I'm 'not trying to say Segeyaro is now a saint, just that there has been no reports of any off-field incidents, or behavioral issues. I know not everything gets reported, but rumours tend to start circulating when player behaviors are getting out of hand even before the big media scandal happens eg Carney, Ferguson, Pearce. With Segeyaro there has been no rumors at all, and nothing to say that he is still hanging around with bikies.

Would you be shocked to see photos of him partying with some low life, if they were to come out? I don’t think anyone would be. I think that’s his issue.

I don’t think he’s a good enough player for a club to be willing to risk that on.

I’m sure he’ll take a pay cut and get a contract somewhere. I just feel like he may have painted himself into a bit of a corner.

tripster

Juniors
Siosaia Vave signed with St Marys.........wonder whether he can be called up to play for Penrith.

Surprised that the Eels didn’t re-sign him. He was one of their best towards the end of last season. Wasn’t doing huge minutes but was always going forward and putting in effort.

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
Siosaia Vave signed with St Marys.........wonder whether he can be called up to play for Penrith.
For the NSW cup team sure in theory, that's how MWZ worked his way from St Mary back into reserve grade. But it's really hard to go from park footy to the NSW cup. When the reserve grade coaches need players due to injury or call ups to first grade it's generally they u/20's they like to play. Really strange that he signed for St Marys specifically, you'd think the the coach would want to give the illusion he's pushing the other reserve grade props for a start.

Last edited:

Bob

Juniors
From the sporting news website

Au revoir James Maloney?

The whisper out of Penrith is that the NSW Origin five-eighth will weigh up a move to France at the end of this season.

It's no secret that Maloney, who has punched above his weight for years, has struggled in recent times with the physical demands of the NRL.

Most recently, he underwent neck surgery in the off-season.

With a young family, Maloney will consider a move to France at the end of this year - or when his contract expires in 2020

betcats

Referee

Au revoir James Maloney?

The whisper out of Penrith is that the NSW Origin five-eighth will weigh up a move to France at the end of this season.

It's no secret that Maloney, who has punched above his weight for years, has struggled in recent times with the physical demands of the NRL.

With a young family, Maloney will consider a move to France at the end of this year - or when his contract expires in 2020

The end of this year would be perfect timing for Luai

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
The end of this year would be perfect timing for Luai

For sure. If Maloney can grab another title, how many will that make ? I also think perhaps James may choose to go bush and captain coach a team, just like his dad did before him. Orange, Bathurst would be my pick before France or even England.

betcats

Referee
For sure. If Maloney can grab another title, how many will that make ? I also think perhaps James may choose to go bush and captain coach a team, just like his dad did before him. Orange, Bathurst would be my pick before France or even England.

Would be lucky number 3 if he won one for us.

Maybe he'd like to go back to orange and play but not with the money that is on offer from England or france, as stated in the article he has a young family to provide for and I daresay his wifr would prefer france over orange lol, he did also speak about going to super league one day in an interview last year.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Would be lucky number 3 if he won one for us.

Maybe he'd like to go back to orange and play but not with the money that is on offer from England or france, as stated in the article he has a young family to provide for and I daresay his wifr would prefer france over orange lol, he did also speak about going to super league one day in an interview last year.

I totally agree. There will be a number of factors I suppose. How the body is holding up, Whether the fam want overseas time. It is possible for James to do both too.

Maloney was always leaving early. Luckily we have a good prospect, who I think will turn out better than Nathan Cleary as a playmaker. Just hope we can afford them both long term.

Matthew Ellis

Juniors

Au revoir James Maloney?

The lurker also reported RCG was disgusted with Penrith's culture and wanted otu days before he re-signed on a 5(?) year deal. He gets it right about 20% of the time.

betcats

Referee
Orange has one big advantage- they speak English there.

I went to school with her brother, they are from the central coast right near the beach I doubt orange has too much appeal to her. She may well be put off by the language barrier but who wouldn’t want to live in France for a year or two? I don’t know many young women who’d pick country Australia over a couple years in France.

Also I have been reluctant to say this because I don’t think many will believe me but I was chatting to her brother recently bout footy and Jimmy snd he told me that jimmy rates Ivan very highly as a coach, up their with Bellamy he said in terms of getting the best out of players.

Edit: not knocking orange, my grandparents are from Manildra if anyone knows the area, I spent lots of time out their as a kid.

betcats

Referee
Maloney was always leaving early. Luckily we have a good prospect, who I think will turn out better than Nathan Cleary as a playmaker. Just hope we can afford them both long term.

Agree re Luai he looks like a very natural playmaker. we should be able to keep them both considering Maloney’s price tag.

Panther Pete

Juniors
Also I have been reluctant to say this because I don’t think many will believe me but I was chatting to her brother recently bout footy and Jimmy snd he told me that jimmy rates Ivan very highly as a coach, up their with Bellamy he said in terms of getting the best out of players.
I believe you 100%. Having followed Penrith since the ‘70s I am generally pessimistic about our chances however I just think if we can have an OK run with injuries this year that we will do some damage.

TheFrog

Coach
The lurker also reported RCG was disgusted with Penrith's culture and wanted otu days before he re-signed on a 5(?) year deal. He gets it right about 20% of the time.
The bloke who is shown in a promo on Fox doing donuts in an old zooped up Holden? He is Mt Druitt to the core.

franklin2323

Immortal
I went to school with her brother, they are from the central coast right near the beach I doubt orange has too much appeal to her. She may well be put off by the language barrier but who wouldn’t want to live in France for a year or two? I don’t know many young women who’d pick country Australia over a couple years in France.

Edit: not knocking orange, my grandparents are from Manildra if anyone knows the area, I spent lots of time out their as a kid.

It is good the players rate him but again we are at the stage where getting the best out of the players might not be enough.

Bellamy is great at getting guys to be consistent and do their job but look at their record without Smith or any of the big 3 infact. To win comps you need 3 or 4 class players in form. Our spine isn't there yet

I spent plenty of time near Trundle so know the area. I can't see them moving out there. Could do it as day trip though

Status
Not open for further replies.