What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know I don't rate these missed tackle stats (because they are stats that generally don't mean too much) Especially when the missed tackle stat is that if a player is within 1 meter of the opposition player, attempts a tackle, and later makes the same tackle, it's shown as a missed tackle.

I prefer to see things holistically. In context. Naden defended well last Sunday. I will stand by my comments. I don't want Blake to leave. But if he does so be it. Naden would fill the hole well.

A

No offence, but I’ll trust tackle efficiency stats over your interpretation.

To claim Naden is a “much better” defender after only two games is totally absurd. Smacks of recency bias.

MugaB

Coach
Whats this i hear about RCG being shopped? Daily telegraph article i couldnt open has it as a headline, surely thats a joke right?
We need steady props, RCG will be one, as young as he is he is going to get there, as steady as tamou
I heard rumours of player swaps from the tigers last week, but seeing DWZ isn't going there no chance of that happening

Whats this i hear about RCG being shopped? Daily telegraph article i couldnt open has it as a headline, surely thats a joke right?
We need steady props, RCG will be one, as young as he is he is going to get there, as steady as tamou
I heard rumours of player swaps from the tigers last week, but seeing DWZ isn't going there no chance of that happening

Don’t know anymore than you, but the issue with RCG is his contract. Can be a very good player, but he’s overpaid.

franklin2323

Immortal
Didn't have a problem letting go DWZ but Blake I would have an issue with. A very good player and a proven one in my opinion. Wasn't far off rep honours last year. I'll be disappointed if he is released before he gets back on the field for us.

last year he was outstanding close to the best centre in the comp. Before that up and down and absolutely ordinary since... I can see both sides of it really. What is to say last year wasn't the abnormality?

Like I said before I think it is more a Parra throwing it out there then us activitely shopping him around

Bob

Juniors
Blake is easily a better defender than Naden at the moment. There was so much space outside of him against Roosters it's not funny. Mansour amazingly saved his ass a few times.

Naden is a gun prospect. With a great attitude. But Blake is a freakish talent. I would much prefer Blake at centre and Naden on the wing. Purely so we have some speed and size on the wing. Definitely want to keep him. But not at the expense of Blake.
I’d prefer Blake and Naden as centres with Whare pensioned off as I think Whare is done as an NRL player, I’d have Blake on the right with to’o and Naden on the left with Mansour (experienced guy with a rookie)

betcats

Referee
Didn't have a problem letting go DWZ but Blake I would have an issue with. A very good player and a proven one in my opinion. Wasn't far off rep honours last year. I'll be disappointed if he is released before he gets back on the field for us.

He was very good last year and wasn't far off rep honours true, this year despite NSW being desperate for centres he wasn't even in the conversation before he got hurt. That's how far backwards hes gone. And still cant switch the ball to his other hand or carry it in two hands.

Id prefer to keep him but as I said earlier Naden has come in from outside the the NRL squad and still outperformed waqa. Naden will just be a depth player longterm but right now you wouldn't drop him for waqa, not on form.

Fangs

Coach
last year he was outstanding close to the best centre in the comp. Before that up and down and absolutely ordinary since... I can see both sides of it really. What is to say last year wasn't the abnormality?

Like I said before I think it is more a Parra throwing it out there then us activitely shopping him around

I don't know. I've always seen something in Blake, enough for me to look past the shitty errors. I thought prior to his injury he was a bit unlucky re points. Couple tries he bombed over the line, he did set up Mansour a few times and he wasn't good enough to finish.

Naden gets points for enthusiasm but Blake just looks far more dangerous with the ball in hand. Up there with the best centres in the comp in that regard. He probably won't develop the skill-set of a Latrell Mitchell, Jack Wighton or Dylan Walker however.

This might also be part of the Peachey deal. Dave's Mate is a Whare fan. He along with Naden/Peachey may be the centres for the rest of 2019 and maybe beyond.

Fangs

Coach
He was very good last year and wasn't far off rep honours true, this year despite NSW being desperate for centres he wasn't even in the conversation before he got hurt. That's how far backwards hes gone. And still cant switch the ball to his other hand or carry it in two hands.

Id prefer to keep him but as I said earlier Naden has come in from outside the the NRL squad and still outperformed waqa. Naden will just be a depth player longterm but right now you wouldn't drop him for waqa, not on form.

His form was down for sure. I think the whole left/right centre thing was also an issue as Latrell has the left side locked up. It might have been the reason why Blake was shifted to the other edge earlier this year.

franklin2323

Immortal
I don't know. I've always seen something in Blake, enough for me to look past the shitty errors. I thought prior to his injury he was a bit unlucky re points. Couple tries he bombed over the line, he did set up Mansour a few times and he wasn't good enough to finish.

Naden gets points for enthusiasm but Blake just looks far more dangerous with the ball in hand. Up there with the best centres in the comp in that regard. He probably won't develop the skill-set of a Latrell Mitchell, Jack Wighton or Dylan Walker however.

This might also be part of the Peachey deal. Dave's Mate is a Whare fan. He along with Naden/Peachey may be the centres for the rest of 2019 and maybe beyond.

There is plenty there with Blake. That is the frustrating part. He can be so much better than he is. Very similar to the DWZ issues.

A few times this year he has had the chance to put the afterburners on and nothing. Maybe injury has stuffed him or something...I doubt it is footy only cause very promising and at 25 you wouldn't just give up

franklin2323

Immortal
I’d prefer Blake and Naden as centres with Whare pensioned off as I think Whare is done as an NRL player, I’d have Blake on the right with to’o and Naden on the left with Mansour (experienced guy with a rookie)

Blake can't play in the right. He can't hold the ball in the other hand. He is left side only

franklin2323

Immortal

Not just this year. When he 1st started he was ordinary too. He looked like he was starting to build slowly getting better from 2016 onwards...Took a huge step back this year and 4 year deal would be concerning

betcats

Referee
His form was down for sure. I think the whole left/right centre thing was also an issue as Latrell has the left side locked up. It might have been the reason why Blake was shifted to the other edge earlier this year.

Even Croker, the Canberra left centre was getting mentions.

He played right centre for most of 2016 I actually think that's his best side because of how he carries the ball.

Ive always been a huge Waqa fan, still am. I've always said he was worth being patient for, I thought he had finally put it all together last year and was talking him up. I mean its hard to know how much of his bad form this year is him and how much was just the team sucking so I am keen to have him here still. but if he is let go im not going to blow up because hes a freak athlete, but a limited footballer.

age.s

First Grade
I'm not sure about Peachey at centre. I love the guy as a 14, and while he's had some good moments/games at centre, he's also had some very ordinary ones. Defence and discipline in particular is a problem. If he's our longer term replacement for Blake we're poorer for the trade.

I'd love him back as a 14 with Kenny (or Egan) playing 80 minutes at 9 though.

I'm not sure about Peachey at centre. I love the guy as a 14, and while he's had some good moments/games at centre, he's also had some very ordinary ones. Defence and discipline in particular is a problem. If he's our longer term replacement for Blake we're poorer for the trade.

I'd love him back as a 14 with Kenny (or Egan) playing 80 minutes at 9 though.

Peachey could be a great option at 14, but the issue is money. Unless he takes a pay cut his current contract if far too high for a bench player.

betcats

Referee
I love Peach at centre, argued till I was blue in the face to just leave him there in 2017 after his shit hot form at centre to finish 2016. But it wasn't to be.

OldPanther

Coach
I love Peach at centre, argued till I was blue in the face to just leave him there in 2017 after his shit hot form at centre to finish 2016. But it wasn't to be.

Man I loved 2016 Peachey. If we get that guy back it'll be hard to argue with. Titans Peachey worries me though.

In a winning team against Broncos:

57 minutes
4 runs
28m
0 line breaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts