What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilkenny

Coach
We only recently released a centre who was highly paid and had attitude issues so I am not so sure it would be a wise move to invest in Ramien who is also highly paid and has attitude issues. Talented young player he may be but it is a pass for mine.

Can’t see him returning to the Sharks they clearly have no salary cap space whatsoever unless they can somehow move on one of there big money stars.

Kilkenny

Coach
In relation to Sivo I am not sure the issue lay with Gus Gould who as I recall talked him up on more than one occasion.

It was simply a case that it was perceived by the then coaching team that his reading of the game made him a defensive liability and hence not worthy of the risk.

The Eels took a punt on him on a minimum deal and good luck to them and good luck to Sivo I am rapped for him personally.

Was he worth keeping, on a minimum contract absolutely but that boat has sailed and we need to move on.

Whino

Bench
We only recently released a centre who was highly paid and had attitude issues so I am not so sure it would be a wise move to invest in Ramien who is also highly paid and has attitude issues. Talented young player he may be but it is a pass for mine.

Can’t see him returning to the Sharks they clearly have no salary cap space whatsoever unless they can somehow move on one of there big money stars.

Right on both accounts.

mxlegend99

Referee

It depends on how much it costs to get him.

Hes not worth putting $500k+ into. But throw ~$300k and he could be an absolute bargain. Could end up with a similar quality centre to Blake... potentially better even for much less than he was on.

He might f**k up again. If so we sack him. But considering the potential he has it's a worthwhile risk IMO.

Not that he's certain to want us.

Kilkenny

Coach
It depends on how much it costs to get him.

Hes not worth putting $500k+ into. But throw ~$300k and he could be an absolute bargain. Could end up with a similar quality centre to Blake... potentially better even for much less than he was on.

He might f**k up again. If so we sack him. But considering the potential he has it's a worthwhile risk IMO.

Not that he's certain to want us.

Understand everything you say but I just think it is about building a culture within the club and that culture should be about a no dickheads policy.

Ivan perhaps didn’t do himself any favours at the West Tigers recruiting some very highly paid injury prone has been but hopefully he will not make the same mistake again.

I am sure there is some quality players out there who can be brought in at modest bargain deals let’s not jump at the likes Ramien.

Kilkenny

Coach
Heard a whisper we may have been interested in Hymel Hunt. Not gonna happen now given the developments with Ramien.

hindy111

Post Whore
Maybe, but there’s plenty of other examples

from this year

Klemmer - 170m

Tapau - 140m

Taukeiaho - 150m

Haas - 166m

Wallace - 150m

Then there’s a stack of guys running 110-140m

RCG is way down around 30th prop for most run meters.

Aslong as the meters run are quality and the replacements are as good there is no big deal about 1 guy making 180mtrs. The guys who make huge mrters play for clubs where benchies arent up to first grade.

hindy111

Post Whore
Its a shame we didn't target George Burgess. I swear you could've got him for half the price RCG is on..so we could free up cap space and lose nothing if Eels take RCG on 75%+ of his contract.

Dallin gone on $700k according to media. Not that I believe he would be on morethan $500k.

Blake gone on $400k+.

Maloney gone on $850k.

RCG gone on $800k.

You would think even being conservative they should be around $2m between them freed up.

We had better add a big name or two... and Peachey doesn't count for mine.

Semi Radradra would be a good upgrade to Mansour. Would cost a fortune but he's a genuine gamebreaker and worth it.

Only Brisbane dollars or Roosters cpuld bring him back into game.

hindy111

Post Whore
That’s a tough call. To me he’s easily NRL standard, it’s just his contract.

At 400k RCG would be decent value.

Agree. He played origin and is 26. Will have 3 good years. He is no Fafita or Klemmer.
A lot of forwards are his level. I till think Tim Mannah was playing excellent fopty before dropped. Best season in a while. Would be a handy pick up for a low cost.

hindy111

Post Whore
Handy player but To'o is better

I like To'o. Diff beasts. Sivo is all grunt and power. He has bad defensive read however that he must work on. I heard eels upgraded and will now be around 300k a season from 2020. Unsure if he is worth that tbh.

franklin2323

Immortal
I like To'o. Diff beasts. Sivo is all grunt and power. He has bad defensive read however that he must work on. I heard eels upgraded and will now be around 300k a season from 2020. Unsure if he is worth that tbh.

Sivo is 26 this year though. 2-3 years to fix those issues and peak window is small

Status
Not open for further replies.