What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangs

Coach
Was very excited when we signed him at the time. I attended a game he played for Manly in 2013. A semi-final against the Roosters. Brett Stewart was ruled out that night and Hiku was nearly the best on field filling in at fullback.

Season ending injury last year really hurt him. And this year he isn't in the best back 5 we can field.

Wish him the best if he chooses to leave.

soc123_au

Staff member
I'll wish him well as he gets out of the car at T1. He is on too much coin to be playing NSW cup, if he can get somewhere close to his best he will be a gun in the ESL. I'm actually a bit surprised another NRL club isn't interested. Tigers or Knights could certainly use him.

OldPanther

Coach
For what it's worth one of our NSW Cup team told me last week the rumors were BS. I agree good luck to him can't help feeling we really mucked this kid around and he will be a very handy pickup for the Cowboys.

His form wasn't that great. At least what I saw in reserve grade.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Strange to do it mid season. I assume now Wallace will be back up half with Rein hooker?

God, was hoping we had seen the last of Wallace in the halves - didn't even think about that.

But I'm not sure TMM was ever going to be given a real shot. Something happened behind the scenes, I think, even if it is something simple like a personality clash with the coach.

OldPanther

Coach
God, was hoping we had seen the last of Wallace in the halves - didn't even think about that.

But I'm not sure TMM was ever going to be given a real shot. Something happened behind the scenes, I think, even if it is something simple like a personality clash with the coach.

I wonder if it was a competition for the 6 with the captain winning out. The first time Moylan looked happy was when he got the 6 officially. Wonder if that was a sore point for him.

franklin2323

Immortal
For what it's worth one of our NSW Cup team told me last week the rumors were BS. I agree good luck to him can't help feeling we really mucked this kid around and he will be a very handy pickup for the Cowboys.

Something is clearly up.

We let Soward, Seg go early. To move Wallace to hooker. Didn't so much as buy another half. So they must of thought that TMM would of played some part in our team going forward. I think Gus said at the time they are happy with our squad.

Even if he was going to switch with Moylan safe to say he was going to be a ball player in our side. Now 6 months later he is gone. Something is up regardless of what it is

I do think something non football related may have played a part, but I also think they may have come to the realisation that two such young halves wasn't a good combo.

Would've been nice to keep him for depth but he's too talented for that. Good luck to him.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Yeah, his dropping was harsh because I thought he was outplaying Cleary at the time he was jettisoned. But I figured that was because Griffin just panicked and thought "Uh, I don't want to shift Moylan and we won some games with Cartwright at 6, bad luck TMM".

Remember how Griffin tried to claim it was injury related? That didn't really turn out to be true, did it?

OldPanther

Coach
Yeah, his dropping was harsh because I thought he was outplaying Cleary at the time he was jettisoned. But I figured that was because Griffin just panicked and thought "Uh, I don't want to shift Moylan and we won some games with Cartwright at 6, bad luck TMM".

Remember how Griffin tried to claim it was injury related? That didn't really turn out to be true, did it?

Yeah that was an obvious distraction.

OldPanther

Coach
He was dropped for Cartwright and is not a NSW Cup player. Not uncommon for form to drop in that case

I never speculated as to why his form was down but he was never getting back in the team playing like he was. That's even if he had the chance with these rumors.

Whino

Bench
Something is clearly up.

We let Soward, Seg go early. To move Wallace to hooker. Didn't so much as buy another half. So they must of thought that TMM would of played some part in our team going forward. I think Gus said at the time they are happy with our squad.

Even if he was going to switch with Moylan safe to say he was going to be a ball player in our side. Now 6 months later he is gone. Something is up regardless of what it is

Thats my thoughts as well.
He has been on the nose for months way before Hook even contemplated moving Moylan to 6.
Hook is suppose to have a good reputation in nurturing young talent particularly halves. Ben Hunt for one.
So if nothing happened why couldn't Hook ease him back into the team? Spend time in reserves to grow his game then ease him back into the side if he was any good.
He eased Ben Hunt into Brisbane side from the bench. Why not keep him here until the end of his contract 2018 and see if his development has grown? Just in case we have injuries in the halves.

I fully support a Moylan/Cleary halves combo but I just find it strange the rush to get rid of TMM if nothing happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts