What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flashstep

Juniors
This year just keeps getting better and better, f**k me dead were about to lose 1 of our 2 backs that are actually worth keeping and we’re stuck with Mansour, Whare and Edwards.

Scotty03

Juniors
I love how everyone is crying about IC not coming out and publicly stating the reasons of DWZs omission. Guys, this is a business. No respectful business goes around broadcasting their personnel issues (whether that be performance, attitude, skillset, not meeting cultural expectations etc.) Therefore he doesn't need to provide the details to anyone - he made a decision for some reason, end of story.

Is this normal in the "real world". Why does everyone believe just because it's footy, this doesn't apply and a Coach or Board requires to provide every bit of information to the public the moment it happens. Wake up.

If Dallin wants to leave then that's his decision. If he's being driven out by the coach then I don't even care. I want a winning team - and the team we have now aren't cutting it.

I don't care if IC selects a bunch of people off the street. If they win games, wear the jersey and meet our community standards, I'm sold.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I love how everyone is crying about IC not coming out and publicly stating the reasons of DWZs omission. Guys, this is a business. No respectful business goes around broadcasting their personnel issues (whether that be performance, attitude, skillset, not meeting cultural expectations etc.) Therefore he doesn't need to provide the details to anyone - he made a decision for some reason, end of story.

Is this normal in the "real world". Why does everyone believe just because it's footy, this doesn't apply and a Coach or Board requires to provide every bit of information to the public the moment it happens. Wake up.

If Dallin wants to leave then that's his decision. If he's being driven out by the coach then I don't even care. I want a winning team - and the team we have now aren't cutting it.

I don't care if IC selects a bunch of people off the street. If they win games, wear the jersey and meet our community standards, I'm sold.

I can't describe how much I agree with your thoughts Scotty. I like Ivan's presser today. He sounded strong and forthright in his plans and a way forward.

You're right the days of the majority of juniors staying with their local club for their careers has well and truely passed.

I also would prefer things like this to be kept in house and not aired for public and media viewing.

I'm also not about to payout on anything either. Because I (like many others here) don't know the full story.

I was described once as a 'flag waving' type of supporter. Yes I suppose I am. Positive often when it seems crazy to be that way.

steve carter

Juniors
I can't describe how much I agree with your thoughts Scotty. I like Ivan's presser today. He sounded strong and forthright in his plans and a way forward.

You're right the days of the majority of juniors staying with their local club for their careers has well and truely passed.

I also would prefer things like this to be kept in house and not aired for public and media viewing.

I'm also not about to payout on anything either. Because I (like many others here) don't know the full story.

I was described once as a 'flag waving' type of supporter. Yes I suppose I am. Positive often when it seems crazy to be that way.
I agree. For the first time this season Ivan gave a decent before game. We just need to keep moving forward and it's it's simple as that.

franklin2323

Immortal
Why is the NZ captain worth keeping over a couplr of former rep players and a guy who cant hold a first grade spot?

He's easily the best of these 4 players.

He is also on the most money and for all we know is sooking on the wing. Takes both parties to want out for it too happen

Flashstep

Juniors
Enlighten me - Why he is worth keeping over the others?

NZ International, 100+ games, versatile, constantly puts in 100 percent and has often been our best backline player throughout his career and is only 23 years old, compared to Mansour who is clearly finished at the top level, Edwards can bounce back but I doubt he will be our long term fullback due to his lack of ball playing skills not to mention his very poor form this season, and Whare whose injury prone and almost 30 with very little to offer in attack, I’m sure you can forgive me for thinking DWZ is a much bigger loss than any of those 3 would ever be.

Vicpanther

Juniors
T

The other thing to it too is maybe it's a personal issue. He hasn't posted on instagram for a quite some time.

martielang

Bench
Yeh blokes been average at best this year but he does seem to always give it a fair crack & has been moved around ridiculously this year.

Really tough decision, sad to see him go especially given he’s highly regarded off field & a junior.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I agree. For the first time this season Ivan gave a decent before game. We just need to keep moving forward and it's it's simple as that.

Even positive ol me is not hopeful of a win. But with all things I believe a line in the sand has been drawn. I believe at times Gus gave out too much information which oft came back to bite him and the club.

I'm not even that hopeful for the rest of the year either. But in saying that I believe there has been a mess 'festering' away with these local juniors for sometime. The sex tape scandal is the result of this. Sadly now the mess needs to be cleaned up, and disinfected.

Coming back full circle I am thrilled that some decisions have been made and a path is being beaten through the mess and jungle. I am though sorry that DWZ (is. or has) chosen to leave. I don't believe it's my business to know why he has chosen this either. Some things are best left behind closed doors.

mxlegend99

Referee
He is also on the most money and for all we know is sooking on the wing. Takes both parties to want out for it too happen
He's on winger money here.... and has for 5+ years played wherever we asked him to play.

Getting rid of a guy who loves the club and puts in 110% every week and was our best back last year...THAT is going to fix the issues. Really excited to watch him win a grand final wherever he goes. Unless it's the Eels. He won't win a grand final with them.

Panfa

Juniors
If dallin wants out might as well get rid of malakai as well no point keeping him we got too and fitzgibbon also mcgrady johns coming through i think whare and maloney should be tapped next.

kinghippo

Juniors
It would be a great thing if Ivan could talk him down and prove he has the ability to get the best out of players.

The my way or the highway thing has never worked for us ( Moylan, Lewis etc etc).

Dallin is a player I really associate our team with, one of the few we have left.

Try and fix this Cleary, that would go a lot further to solving problems than the old get off the bus bullshit.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Since NZ last test

1. DWZ - Panthers --> ???

6. Johnson - Warriors --> Sharks
7. Nikorima - Broncos --> Warriors

Who is next?

Status
Not open for further replies.