What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
Api would be handy, then Kenny and may can fight it out for 14# if we don't sign peach I can see may getting a bench spot with Kenny anyways if he has a dig
Also would take a bit of pressure of the halves with some experience at Hooker

Api can also play halves which we need cover for too

Api would be handy, then Kenny and may can fight it out for 14# if we don't sign peach I can see may getting a bench spot with Kenny anyways if he has a dig
Also would take a bit of pressure of the halves with some experience at Hooker

May’s issue in getting the bench spot is his dummy half play isn’t nearly as good as Kenny. Critical position.

Why? He has spent half of his career with unproven halves partners.

2016: Carty was his halves partner
2017: TMM, Carty, Moylan and May all played a fair bit of 6 with him.

If anything Nathan will be the main half again and his game should improve as a result. Im excited to see what we can do in 2020. I think it depends on how we use that money from Jimmy.

Yeah but he had Moylan dishing up the try assists from the back, that takes the pressure off.

We need Luai to come up with the try scoring opportunities next year. That’s his forte.

soc123_au

Staff member
I couldnt imagine Jurbo coming. It would be worth the money though.

Api would be a good pick up for a bit more experience in the spine. Apart from that I wouldnt be going to hard for anyone else.Maybe a bit of depth in the centres.

Kilkenny

Coach
Maloney to Catalan Dragons was a done deal months ago although only being made official today.

The decisions to release DWZ and Blake were made well and truly after the club was well aware Maloney was not going to be at the club in 2020 so there being released was not just about the salary cap it was also about attitude and what they brought to the side going forward.

There will no doubt be one or two fresh faces for 2020 but I am not expecting any big name or big money signings.

Panfa

Juniors
Our 2 young hookers will only get better why waste money on older players remember cook he was at penrith too some guys need time to develop.

franklin2323

Immortal
Maloney to Catalan Dragons was a done deal months ago although only being made official today.

The decisions to release DWZ and Blake were made well and truly after the club was well aware Maloney was not going to be at the club in 2020 so there being released was not just about the salary cap it was also about attitude and what they brought to the side going forward.

There will no doubt be one or two fresh faces for 2020 but I am not expecting any big name or big money signings.

Better depth going forward is what is needed. 3 or 4 mid tier players onto the potential 17 of:

Edwards
To'o
Naden
Whare
Mansour
Luai
Cleary
JFH
Egan
Tamou
Kikau
Martin
Yeo

Kenny
Leinu
RCG
May

Is all that is needed. Get some experience depth or something

franklin2323

Immortal
Our 2 young hookers will only get better why waste money on older players remember cook he was at penrith too some guys need time to develop.

You need more then 4 hookers/halves in a 30 man squad.

Burton and co aren't quite right yet. So need someone for a season or 2

Kilkenny

Coach

I agree. The same principle applies with the situation in the halves. We have Burton (5/8) and Blore (half) as back up and you could probably throw Tyrone May and Dane Laurie in there as well so I’m not sure it’s worth investing in bringing in another half from outside the club.

Jimmy is going to be a big loss.
His positivity, smart footy brain and competitiveness has been a major catalyst for our recent turn around.
A professional with a team first attitude. We could use more of them in our game.
He put himself though exhaustion so Nathan wasn't rushed back to early. That is the difference between him and someone like Ben Hunt.
Another difference is he knows how to seal a game. He has won us many games in his short time here.
Thanks for being a Panther Jimmy.

BxTom

Bench
Jimmy is going to be a big loss.
His positivity, smart footy brain and competitiveness has been a major catalyst for our recent turn around.
A professional with a team first attitude. We could use more of them in our game.
He put himself though exhaustion so Nathan wasn't rushed back to early. That is the difference between him and someone like Ben Hunt.
Another difference is he knows how to seal a game. He has won us many games in his short time here.
Thanks for being a Panther Jimmy.
Agree 100%. Very well said.

Kilkenny

Coach
Not everyone just gets better.

For every Cook there’s more Iosefa’s.

Then there’s guys like Aiton that played a lot of games but never really showed much beyond his early form

That’s why the average NRL player only plays just under 50 games according to the stats.

In respect of Paul Aiton he actually had a pretty successful career over 100 NRL games and 150 or so in the ESL. Good player was Paul Aiton.

When Aiton hit first grade lots of people thought he was going to be a star, he turned out a solid hooker but he never really improved from his early form.

Egan could be that solid, honest hooker. But so far I don’t see much more than that.

tripster

Juniors
Jimmy is a big loss for us no doubt. I can see us really struggling next season in big games without someone with experience in the spine. We will probably have one of the least experienced spines in the comp.

Dave's mate

Juniors
Jimmy is a big loss for us no doubt. I can see us really struggling next season in big games without someone with experience in the spine. We will probably have one of the least experienced spines in the comp.
Still have the NSW 7. The key is either a 1 or a 9. We really need to jag someone

Exsilium

First Grade
Maloney has been fantastic for us. A massive loss but we’ve got to look forward to the future.

I wanted him to stay but not to be.

We just need to recruit the right players to strengthen the squad. There in lies the issue...

Kilkenny

Coach
When Aiton hit first grade lots of people thought he was going to be a star, he turned out a solid hooker but he never really improved from his early form.

Egan could be that solid, honest hooker. But so far I don’t see much more than that.

Have you given up on him being the next Cameron Smith?

Status
Not open for further replies.