What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signing Foran would be huge. But Gould replied to thoughts of signing Moa or Hastings as not applicable as we don't have enough cap space. So if we can't afford either of them then clearly we can't afford what Foran would ask.

martielang

Bench
Seems pretty clear that Moylan will be 5/8th in the very near future without any stand out option in the club and no cash. I'm happy with that. Amazes me how many people have turned on DWZ (and Blake) based on two games when he has been given very little opportunity.

Sime_11

Juniors
yeh I don't agree with the DWZ hate, I don't think he's gone that bad at FB.

Blake isn't doing much for me, id prefer for him to go back to NSW Cup but given the Injuries we've copped, its understandable why he gets picked.

is Sowie/Wal's short kicking game a negative? I cant remember the last time we've attempted a grubber, the cross field kicks clearly aren't working.

martielang

Bench
I don't think Blakes set the world on fire but he's been thrown to the wolves a little bit given the injuries/form the majority of our side are in. It also seems his inclusion in the City/Country (and not playing too well) has hurt his confidence as well.

He was the messiah to many people, hes had an average run which has shown he needs time/improvement and people are already writing off his career. The kid will be a freak in a season or two, just needs some confidence.

grifter

Juniors
Would LOVE to see Foran come here, Gus loves him too.

However I think we can all agree it would take some form of salary cap miracle to get him here . . .
He'll go to the roosters to play alongside his bum chum Pearce.

abpanther

Staff member
Amazes me how many people have turned on DWZ (and Blake) based on two games when he has been given very little opportunity.

It's not based on 2 games, my assessment of DWZ is based on everything he has done coming into FG. I just haven't seen anything special from him, he doesn't seem blazingly quick like a Tedesco, brutally strong like Mansour, or possess amazing footwork to beat defenders like RTS.

So what does he bring? He tries hard and is young, but I just don't see the hype.

At least with Cartwright you see flashes to get excited about

betcats

Referee
It's not based on 2 games, my assessment of DWZ is based on everything he has done coming into FG. I just haven't seen anything special from him, he doesn't seem blazingly quick like a Tedesco, brutally strong like Mansour, or possess amazing footwork to beat defenders like RTS.

So what does he bring? He tries hard and is young, but I just don't see the hype.

At least with Cartwright you see flashes to get excited about

When RTS was 19 he wasn't anywhere near the player he is now, I watched him a lot on the wing for the roosters and had similar thoughts as yours above. He didn't like very special(like id heard) and that was playing on the back of that hot roosters side.

Last edited:

Panther Pete

Juniors
Would LOVE to see Foran come here, Gus loves him too.

However I think we can all agree it would take some form of salary cap miracle to get him here . . .
He'll go to the roosters to play alongside his bum chum Pearce.

I find it quite bizarre that we can't afford Foran due to the salary cap yet the roosters could.

franklin2323

Immortal
When RTS was 19 he wasn't anywhere near the player he is now, I watched him a lot on the wing for the roosters and had similar thoughts as yours above. He didn't like very special(like id heard) and that was playing on the back of that hot roosters side.

RTS played FB more though. Even in NYC Moss was prefered over DWZ. I think centre is his spot but he gained 200m on the weekend. Just needs to get the support play etc and will be a great FB. Needs games back there

betcats

Referee
RTS played FB more though. Even in NYC Moss was prefered over DWZ. I think centre is his spot but he gained 200m on the weekend. Just needs to get the support play etc and will be a great FB. Needs games back there

In two or three years he will be averaging 200m a game comfortably from FB imo, he is an amazing athlete and has pretty good skills aswell he could do well anywhere 1 through 5. Also in the two biggest games of his FG career(roosters and dogs finals last year) he has come up with big plays and he has a pretty good strike rate. The errors in his game are just experience, he went from being the biggest fish in the pond, literally bigger, stronger and faster then most of his opponents to being a boy amongst men, not every kid can adjust to that straight away.

I am very surprised people are doubting Dallin, he is all class imo and will be a rep player and star for years to come. Only bad luck has stopped him from making his NZ debut.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
I hope we go hard for Keiran Foran. If we sign him try offloading Idris and Wallace to make space under the cap. Idris would be missed, but we need a half more than a centre. Wallace on any wage is a waste of money. We go from one dud halfback to the next. Put Soward at 7 with Foran at 6.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I hope we go hard for Keiran Foran. If we sign him try offloading Idris and Wallace to make space under the cap. Idris would be missed, but we need a half more than a centre. Wallace on any wage is a waste of money. We go from one dud halfback to the next. Put Soward at 7 with Foran at 6.

Wishful thinking. Unfortunately I think we a sticking with Wallace and we have no cap space.

franklin2323

Immortal

Don't forget that waste of cap McKendry

maple_69

Bench
At least we can use the long serving player concession on him. I don't TGI k we would have anyone else close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts