What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxlegend99

Referee
12 months in the halves and Moylan will be better than Foran
Yeah and once Soward retires we have just one half again.

6. Foran
7. Soward

Then work towards
6. Foran
7. Moylan

Wont get him obviously. We have no cap space for the position we need to strengthen most.

betcats

Referee
We wouldn't even be close to signing Foran, he is asking a million per or more. I seriously doubt Idris and Wallaces contracts even total that and you cant lose two players and bring in one so you need to take atleast NRL minimum wage off that total.

Last edited:

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
12 months in the halves and Moylan will be better than Foran

I wonder what people base this on exactly? He is good at chiming in during backline plays and has good hands, but his short kicking is poor, and there is zero evidence for or against that he will be able to direct the team around the field.

He may turn out to be fine there; I just don't understand how so many people take it for granted he will be.

betcats

Referee
I wonder what people base this on exactly? He is good at chiming in during backline plays and has good hands, but his short kicking is poor, and there is zero evidence for or against that he will be able to direct the team around the field.

He may turn out to be fine there; I just don't understand how so many people take it for granted he will be.

Well he is a brilliant ballplayer for one. He has missed a couple of weeks and is still top two for linebreak assists and try assists with Thurston. he has good vision, he makes the right decision most of the time and he has what every great half has had: time on the ball. When he gets the ball defenders often hesitate for an instant unsure of what he is doing and more and more we are seeing him punish them for that instant. Also how many times has he stepped up in high pressure moments? He has all the making of a great half, how anyone can watch him and not think that is beyond me. Kicking game is something that can be improved, his ballplaying ability and vision he was born with, you have it or you don't.

Last edited:

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Hey guys Parra fan here, just noticed that we've picked up Fairouz Elkander from you guys. Just wondering if you could give me any information on how he plays and if you rate him or not? Cheers.

betcats

Referee
Hey guys Parra fan here, just noticed that we've picked up Fairouz Elkander from you guys. Just wondering if you could give me any information on how he plays and if you rate him or not? Cheers.

Saw him play NYC once or twice last year, I don't particularly rate him, he hasn't been playing NYC or NSW cup this year. I think he could become a decent depth player but he isn't even that yet imo.

franklin2323

Immortal
We wouldn't even be close to signing Foran, he is asking a million per or more. I seriously doubt Idris and Wallaces contracts even total that and you cant lose two players and bring in one so you need to take atleast NRL minimum wage off that total.

No one has that hence the asking for a cap exemption. Idris is on decent money close to our highest paid though plenty of that is 3rd party deals.

Randy81

Juniors

Back in 20s he played quite a bit of 5/8. Always impressed me when i saw him. Tbh with his skillset he would be a success in alot of positions

Kilkenny

Coach
There is little point talking about Foran as a possible signing it simply isn't going to happen. I would hope however with whatever limited funds we have at our disposal we may be on the lookout for a cheap back up signing or two. As we have seen this season Wallace and Soward have each succumbed to injury and at there age that situation is unlikely to improve and for all intensive purposes we could go through the same dramas in 2016.

betcats

Referee
No one has that hence the asking for a cap exemption. Idris is on decent money close to our highest paid though plenty of that is 3rd party deals.

Its just not going to happen. We cant just get rid of idris and wallace contracts we would end up paying them to play elsewhere they wont just let us break the contracts.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
Its just not going to happen. We cant just get rid of idris and wallace contracts we would end up paying them to play elsewhere they wont just let us break the contracts.
Clubs are supposedly enquiring about Idris, he should be easy to offload with minimal or no paying of his contract.

Wallace on the other hand... no one will want him.

betcats

Referee
Clubs are supposedly enquiring about Idris, he should be easy to offload with minimal or no paying of his contract.

Wallace on the other hand... no one will want him.

Fair enough I didn't know that so maybe we could offload Idris for cheap but like you say we would still need to convince Wallace to retire or someone to take him and even then I have my doubts whether that would get us in the vicinity of what Manly will come up with and possibly roosters/titans/dogs come up with. And it would all need to happen pretty fast..

martielang

Bench
Foran isn't worth near the $1M + clubs are willing to pay. He's a half that runs at the line and main attribute is being tough. Doesn't have particularly good vision, can't kick and his ball playing skills are stock standard. Good player but $1M player? No way IMO.

Still don't understand why people think offloading Idris would help us. Suffering massively at the moment by not having him out there.

mxlegend99

Referee
Between Blake and the Jennings boys, one or more will come good and we can use his money on a position we have no talent likely to come good.

I think we all love Idris. But sadly with a salary cap and him likely on big money in our strongest position, his money could make the team stronger as a whole if spent elsewhere.

No doubt he's a starter in 2016 regardless of how Blake and the Jennings boys play. If our backline doesn't need him, our forward pack definitely will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts