What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Yeah but they were no better when he was there either.... Maybe not the problem but wasnt able to make it any better - I just dont have the faith others have - I am happy to be proven wrong though

Panthers@Heart

Juniors
Soward wasnt the problem at Dragons. Nor was his form as bad as people have made out. The coach is useless and so were half the players around Soward. He was playing behind a soft forward pack, with a hooker playing halfback and awful centres on bith sides of the field. Before Dugan they had an average fullback too.

Give him a strong forward pack, a competent partner in the halves, gun hooker and fullback with spark and ball playing skills and decent centres. Suddenly he looks like the star he was in 2009/2010. He isn't a freak like Joey or Thurston with the ability to make anyone look like a star. But with a decent coach, game plans and quality around him he will be the half we have longed for since Gower and Presto left.

100% agree soward will do good here

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah but they were no better when he was there either....

True but we don't need much from him though.

Except for a couple of years we have had a great pack but kicking game has brought us undone. That wont be the case next year.

We have a forward pack of rep players. A International centre. A ball playing fullback. Speed out of dummy half.

We just need someone to put us at the other end of the field & close the halves out well. He does that.

Big Mick

Referee
:lol::lol: more chance of Parra winning the comp then you criticise Panthers.

Not sure if you are joking but just in case...lol

I've been critical when I need to be critical. When we make illogical player selections I say it. For example when we started the year with Whare at FB I was extremely critical as I always said Whare's best position was centre.

If we suck next year, I'll be right there with everyone as extremely disappointed as 2014 is the year I go in with actual expectations of performance.

Last edited:

Big Mick

Referee
I reckon us suporters have a right to bag a potential signing we deem to be shite on his performance's with the bronocs
if we all covered every rumour with fairy dust it would be quite a boring forum.

I stand by what i said - more knowledgebale people than me have said he's shite .

I'm specifically talking about the halfback.

We could sign Luke Keary and people would whinge - not you specifically...just some here, social media etc.

For some, unless it is a superstar they wont be satisfied.

I just want to see how it all gels on the field first before making an assessment.

Do I want Wallace? Hell no. But I would hope that if we do sign him that there is a plan there.

IF there isn't, then I'll bag the signing then.

murraymob

Coach
the tigers will announce 2 signings for next year this week some suggesting Blake could be one of them interesting as i am not real sure Cleary rates him

Big Mick

Referee
:lol: yeah. I have seen your Naiqama rants.

Lets assume we win 2 more games this year end up 10-14. Next year 12-12 should be the bare minimum.

Agreed.

I'd be hoping for over 0.500 ratio next year but.

Unless we have dramatic amount of injuries again there are no excuses.

Big Mick

Referee
If Blake goes then I hope he gets a genuine shot at First Grade.

I'm not sure if he'd really get that at the Tigers next year but, unless it is off the bench.

You'd think with their young halves that they'd be the pairing with Siro at lock so where exactly does Blake fit?

franklin2323

Immortal
Moses on bench?
Interesting.
Would have thought that Halatau would get the utility spot similar to what he had in 2005.

Yeah it's a good problem to have but it's a way to get a look at both. He's better as a backrower but you can throw him into it aswell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts