What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings - XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avenger

Immortal
The dogs for mine play an old fashioned type of football. They won't be winning anything anytime soon.

Bigfella

Coach
If it's anything less than a contract for execution or executed reflecting final agreed terms and subject only to being submitted, the club may well be on a stronger position that the original reports pointed to.

The other issue is that it seems to be hoppas side doing all the leaking.

I think we've handled it reasonably well after the initial debacle.

I certainly think it's fair to say that since the Foran and hoppa original blunders - we have been much more impressive off field.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
If it's anything less than a contract for execution or executed reflecting final agreed terms and subject only to being submitted, the club may well be on a stronger position that the original reports pointed to.

The other issue is that it seems to be hoppas side doing all the leaking.

I think we've handled it reasonably well after the initial debacle.

I certainly think it's fair to say that since the Foran and hoppa original blunders - we have been much more impressive off field.

Have to say you have been more positive lately !! Very impressed !!!

Yeah isnt the letter of intent the same as what was withdrawn with Fifita ?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
The dogs for mine play an old fashioned type of football. They won't be winning anything anytime soon.

Poor spine. Morris is ok but really a winger not a play maker. Reynolds is good but not really a player maker. Other two inexperienced and haven't proved they can lead a side yet.

Bigfella

Coach
It looks that way doesn't it?

And a few individuals probably took note and smartened up, and some better systems went in, presumably

Gronk

Staff member
Hopoate’s manager Tyran Smith is now in discussions with Parramatta officials about a compensation payment of up to $500,000.

Tyran: We'd like $500,000 please.

Eels: lol

This is probably the most compelling endorsement of our chances in 2016 on LU. Baz is nothing if not eminently grounded when it comes to expectations for our club so we are probably in fair shape if he is willing to project a potential Top 4 spot

Thanks 40. It's the first time I think we've had a credible chance of Top 4 spot in many years. At the very least I can have an optimistic summer without having to tell myself huge fibs :)

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Gee this is a little gem from the Sloth

Quote:
Buzz: Bulldogs to sign Will Hopoate after Eels withdraw $2m offer
October 31, 20158:30pm

Phil Rothfield
The Sunday Telegraph

CANTERBURY are poised to swoop on State of Origin winger Will Hopoate.

Hopoate is a free agent following the decision by Parramatta to withdraw a $2 million letter of offer for the next three seasons.

The NRL would not register the deal ($630,000 in 2016, $660,000 in 2017 and $690,000 in 2018) because it would have broken the Eels’ salary cap.

So what is it buzz, did we withdraw or was it because the NRL would not register the contract ?

make up your mind

Hopoate’s manager Tyran Smith is now in discussions with Parramatta officials about a compensation payment of up to $500,000.

up to ?

so in other words you have no idea what compensation they are asking for

Meanwhile, Bulldogs coach Des Hasler has his chequebook poised.

yeah, Des always pays the player's wages out of his own personal check account

Hopoate would play *either fullback, wing or centre at Canterbury. We’re hearing that the Bulldogs may have to *release veteran winger Sam *Perrett from the final year of his contract to fit Hopoate under the cap.

so just about anywhere in the back line ??

thanks for clearing that up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts