What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
We have signed QLD Under 18's Hooker Kierran Mosely.

With Blake South too old for the 20's next year we needed someone to fill the void.

Big Mick

Referee
Purely depth.

Not bad, not great. Cheap signing with NRL experience.

You'd assume from that...Etu is likely not to re-sign, and we'll likely be getting rid of Simmons potentially.

Wes is essentially replacing Sandor Earl you'd think at Windsor. Newcastle will be subsidizing the contract ala Purtell w/Canberra.

franklin2323

Immortal
Purely depth.

Not bad, not great. Cheap signing with NRL experience.

You'd assume from that...Etu is likely not to re-sign, and we'll likely be getting rid of Simmons potentially.

Wes is essentially replacing Sandor Earl you'd think at Windsor. Newcastle will be subsidizing the contract ala Purtell w/Canberra.

Taking a younger player's spot. What's the point in building up your NSW Cup and NYC if you will bring in 30 yo outside backs?

Big Mick

Referee
Taking a younger player's spot. What's the point in building up your NSW Cup and NYC if you will bring in 30 yo outside backs?

Well if you have Etu, Simmons, Earl, JTK all not being re-signed for example...that's 3 spots ready for young guys to compete...so I don't see how it is taking a guys spot when there would be more than enough available...And to be honest Wes isn't a bad player...he's just had a bad year under Bennett. He played pretty well last year when given the opportunity. Wonder if we are a shot of getting Kevin hahaha.

franklin2323

Immortal
Well if you have Etu, Simmons, Earl, JTK all not being re-signed for example...that's 3 spots ready for young guys to compete...so I don't see how it is taking a guys spot when there would be more than enough available...And to be honest Wes isn't a bad player...he's just had a bad year under Bennett. He played pretty well last year when given the opportunity. Wonder if we are a shot of getting Kevin hahaha.

Simmons and JTK are still contracted for next year. I would rather resign Etu over him. I was an Earl fan he didn't get a decent run.

Even still.

NRL: Coote. Mansour, Jennings, Whare, Tighe.
Windsor: Naiqama, JTK, Simmons, Daniela. ????

1 spot left in even Windsor at full strength. Although only VTK is re-signed from the Lower grades

Last edited:

Big Mick

Referee
Moylan would be your 5th.

JTK is off-contract I had thought.

Simmons is being shopped to ESL

Daniela is off-contract as well I think. Didn't he only sign a 1 year deal?

Etu might be demanding $150k now...from the $75k he is earning now...so instead of paying that...pay a guy $50k with Newcastle forking the rest of the bill...and give a chance for a young kid to start in first grade...or go with a proven guy in Wes.

You don't need expensive wingers. Hey I aint thrilled with the signing...but I am not totally against it either yet. I get the logic of it if we don't retain the above.

Last edited:

The OX

Juniors

Etu might be demanding $150k now...from the $75k he is earning now...so instead of paying that...pay a guy $50k with Newcastle forking the rest of the bill...and give a chance for a young kid to start in first grade...or go with a proven guy in Wes.

You don't need expensive wingers. Hey I aint thrilled with the signing...but I am not totally against it either yet. I get the logic of it if we don't retain the above.

Yep, smooth move.

And he kows his way to the tryline.

Was shocked to hear the commentary last weekend that Earls last try was rnd 6 2011....no thanks

franklin2323

Immortal

You don't need expensive wingers.

Off Sportal.

Penrith Panthers
Penrith Panthers
2013 Gains: Lewis Brown, Dean Whare, Sika Manu, James Segeyaro, Shane Shackleton
2013 Losses: Michael Gordon, Luke Lewis
Re-Signed: Luke Walsh (2015), Blake Austin
Off Contract 2012: Mitchel Johnson, Etu Uaisele, Dayne Weston, Damien Cook, Sandor Earl, Nafe Seluini, Junior Vaivai
2013 Coach: Ivan Cleary

I would have Moylan in the team now. Until he's signed there's no guarantee we will have him. I wouldn't hold too much hope on Simmons going to ESL. They cutting that back as of next year. Certain managers aren't sending any players over there. Yeah cheap wingers are the go for sure. re-sign Vaivai or Travis Robinson

age.s

First Grade
Gotta say I don't mind this signing. No superstar, but had NRL experience and if the Knights are footing some of the bill he'll be on peanuts. He's a better player than Tighe, can kick goals too can't he?

franklin2323

Immortal
Yep, smooth move.

And he kows his way to the tryline.

Was shocked to hear the commentary last weekend that Earls last try was rnd 6 2011....no thanks

He was unmarked 2 times against the Titans Tighe didn't pass it. Hardly the wingers fault. 4 games or something that was. Hardly a long drought. He is Windsor's Leading Try scorer

Big Mick

Referee
I wouldn't re-sign Vaivai or Robinson. Neither of those guys have something that is unique or better than our NYC guys imo.

franklin2323

Immortal
I wouldn't re-sign Vaivai or Robinson. Neither of those guys have something that is unique or better than our NYC guys imo.

Yeah but the whole backline in NYC is still eligible next year. I think they will have 1 more year then make the move to Windsor.

richie8u

Juniors
we need the comic book guy here to say
"Worst signing ever"
he smells of average, just think if purts was still here we could have
2)Purtel
3)Tight
4)Wes
5)Simmons

Big Mick

Referee
Yeah but the whole backline in NYC is still eligible next year. I think they will have 1 more year then make the move to Windsor.

So what's the issue in bringing Wes in?

We'll always have injuries. If we retain Robinson and Vaivai for Bundy Cup...I doubt they'll get signed...then call on them as players get injured like this year...

franklin2323

Immortal
So what's the issue in bringing Wes in?

I want the lower grades used. If we get injuries we call up from Windsor & NYC. We can have a youth ful team & be no worse. But stocking Windsor with depth players does nothing to improve the top team which is poor at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts