What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_nick

Juniors
..from someone who watches a lot of QCUP, Pangai is an awesome pick up for you guys. Easily the best up and coming centre in QCUP and is still growing into an even bigger unit. Will be in the back row in another year or two.

franklin2323

Immortal
Finally?
How could you not rate the rest of our signings?

Don't get me wrong they are good. Roberts will play wing or fb. He is comfortable at both. The others are good but may play a different role. So may not have an impact straight away.

Come end of next year I expect all will be firing but Roberts can come straight to a position his comfortable in. Not have an interstate move and potential homesickness to deal with.

Whare will he be centre or FB?

Robinson is going well on the left. Manu plays left so will he go to the right? Then has the interstate move & injuries to copy with.

Brown might play lock with Robinson/Manu backrow. It's a new position. Segeyaro is coming off a bad injury & moving interstate will prob play off the bench.

Pangai, O'Donnell look strong but are a long term projects.

Big Mick

Referee
Whare will be Right Centre and he'll be great there imo.

I think our backline next year is looking sweet...and QUICK

1. Matt Moylan/Moss/Wes, 2. Josh Mansour, 3. Michael Jennings, 4. Dean Whare, 5. James Roberts, 6. Lachlan Coote, 7. Luke Walsh

Sure there may be some growing pains...but if we stick with it...could be something special.

Manu and Brown will start and I think they now know Austin will be a lock.

8. McKendry, 9. Kingston, 10. Grant, 11. Manu, 12. Brown, 13. Austin
14. Segeyaro, 15. Weston, 16. Robinson, 17. Smith/O'Donnell/Tia-Kilifi/Simpkins/Newton/Ciraldo/Armit

Overall I think the signings will play where they are most comfortable.

We are building a bloody good looking squad that is all I know.

natheel

Coach
i think your best 2 signings are Whare and Segeyaro.

Question marks over Storm players leaving the safety net of melbourne and going to Sydney hangs over Manu.

Roberts is a great talent but needs to keep his head straight. While Brown is a good signing but has been a bit down this season.

I like your halves in Coote and Walsh though (though they're not signings)

Overall i think you guys and us are in a similar position in the re-building. Bringing through juniors and letting go some old heads and club greats (sadly) but i believe the west will be strong again in the NRL in the next couple of years!

Doomednow

Bench
I would love it if Penrith and Parra both bounce back next year and build towards something special. Some epic games would be had, and strong Western Sydney teams would give us both something to start bragging about.

franklin2323

Immortal
We are building a bloody good looking squad that is all I know.

I agree with that. I too would have Whare at centre but they didn't sign Tighe for 3 years to not play him.backs I am happy with just a matter of finding the best 7.

My top team would be: Moylan. Mansour. Jennings. Whare. Roberts. Coote. Walsh. Grant. Segeyaro. Plum. Robinson. Manu. Brown: Weston. McKendry. Simpkins. Austin.

I was just saying why I think Roberts will be an instant fit. There's nothing to say Manu won't be like Blair & struggle early on. But long term a great signing.

murraymob

Coach
even in manu struggles early he still brings something we dont have now and thats a big body making ground

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah even his worse games match what we get now. If I had to rate them on immediate impact. It goes: Roberts. Brown. Whare. Manu. Segeyaro. I didn't include Naiqama or latimore as they are depth & may not get much of a run. Come the back 1/2 of next year on we will feel his benefit.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Brown will be good for you guys.
He always played great under Cleary.

Roberts is a gun, i'm gutted we didnt sign him. He has a huge future if he can keep his head screwed on.
Note, i do not know why he got sacked.

age.s

First Grade
The worry me with Manu is injuries. He's off the field a lot. I don't think he'll be an Adam Bleh (and besides we didn't pay what the Tigers paid for Bleh).

betcats

Referee
Yeah even his worse games match what we get now. If I had to rate them on immediate impact. It goes: Roberts. Brown. Whare. Manu. Segeyaro. I didn't include Naiqama or latimore as they are depth & may not get much of a run. Come the back 1/2 of next year on we will feel his benefit.

+1

He is head and shoulders above any backrowers we have currently. Next season we will have a much better backrow, a stronger front row and an absolute gun backline, well done recruitment team. Now find or develop us a couple of good halves and we're laughing.

franklin2323

Immortal
The worry me with Manu is injuries. He's off the field a lot. I don't think he'll be an Adam Bleh (and besides we didn't pay what the Tigers paid for Bleh).

That's what I meant with the Roberts being the best signing. Imo he will make an impact instantly. Blair has got better as the year went on. I expect the same will happen with Manu. Come 2014 we will see him at his best

franklin2323

Immortal
+1

He is head and shoulders above any backrowers we have currently. Next season we will have a much better backrow, a stronger front row and an absolute gun backline, well done recruitment team. Now find or develop us a couple of good halves and we're laughing.

Yeah. Atleast we will have Segeyaro to play some hooker and a new fb. Given the speed in the backs we should break plenty of tackles

betcats

Referee
If it takes Manu a whole season to get to his best i'll be dissapointed.

Edit: Barring any health concerns of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts