What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

benntash

Juniors
Panthers pounce
Gus Gould's Penrith Panthers have continued their recruitment drive for next season after Cowboys flyer Moses Pangai agreed to terms with the club. The Junior Kangaroos centre burst on to the Toyota Cup scene as a 16-year-old playing for the Wests Tigers before being lured north. And with comparisons to Israel Folau - he is 191 centimetres and 111 kilograms - Pangai has the makings of an NRL superstar under the tutelage of Ivan Cleary and Gould. ''I knew Israel when he was the same age [17] working in Melbourne with him and this kid is the closest to Israel that I've seen,'' former Cowboys football manager Dean Lance said last year. Pangai has signed on for the next two seasons at the foot of the mountains.

http://m.smh.com.au/sport/dennis-the-menace-has-reason-to-smile-at-last-20120808-23up1.html

maple_69

Bench
Surely we must be almost full for 2013 now.

In: Brown, Segeyaro, Manu, Whare, Naquima, O'Donnell, Pangai (TC), Latimore
Out: Lewis, Gordon, Achurch, Burns

Unless we ditch most of Vai Vai, Simmons, Kingston, Taumata, Uaisele and so on we won't have many spots.

murraymob

Coach

In: Brown, Segeyaro, Manu, Whare, Naquima, O'Donnell, Pangai (TC), Latimore
Out: Lewis, Gordon, Achurch, Burns

Unless we ditch most of Vai Vai, Simmons, Kingston, Taumata, Uaisele and so on we won't have many spots.

of those menioned only kingston looks likely to surive

franklin2323

Immortal

I have us with 31 Contracted players. Surely a couple from Windsor/NYC will get a run. Contracted:

Coote. Mansour. Jennings. Whare. Simmons. Tighe. Daniela. Naiqama. Pangai. T.Robinson. Austin. Walsh. Siejka. Burns. Kingston. Segeyaro. Weston. Grant. McKendry. Plum. Armit. Latimore. Robinson. Manu. Brown. Smith. Ciraldo. Newton. O'Donnell. VTK. Simpkins.

Big Mick

Referee
Uaisele is ok. But he is just a winger. There are plenty around.

Maybe he was asking for a bit too much money based on his start to the season and then his performances began to dip...and boom we got Wes cheap as chips.

murraymob

Coach
wing is a spot we should never over pay on its a spot that could go to juniors we have plenty of those.Signing wes was just a fill in to give some of the u20 boys a bit more time to be ready

age.s

First Grade
I guess I just figured he'd stay for peanuts. He's been solid but I doubt clubs will be clawing for his signature. For close to minimum wage he's definitely worth it. Solid player with NRL experience, exactly what you want from a backup winger.

But yeah if he's holding out for big money it's not a huge loss.

murraymob

Coach
penrith have just announced the extension of matt robinsons contract and the signing of james roberts .The roster is shaping up well next year and a young roster

Copperhead

Juniors
Wow. The race for the fullback position is on. Moylan, Naiqama, Whare, Moss, Mansour, Roberts and Coote if 5/8 doesn't work out.

franklin2323

Immortal
Franklin
we should be looking good at windsor as well next year.Both side will have gun back lines

We still need to sign Moylan but yeah the likes of Simmons, Tighe & co struggle in NRL but carve up in NSW Cup. Add to that NYC's backline that played last week is still NYC eligible.

We have 3 good backlines. Still have weak 1/2's but a quick backline can still create stuff. Simmons, Tighe, Naiqama aside the rest are under 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.