What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomednow

Bench
There is a poll on the Panthers site asking which young player fans are most excited about. Blake Austin iscurrently the most popular, but a few others feature including Siejka and Moylan. Maybe this indicates they will be seeing some first grade early on?

Or maybe not.

franklin2323

Immortal
I'd have no problem if Kingston and Smith never played for us again.

There's about half a dozen others as well. I don't think either should be re-signed. Seg isn't an 80min player & Austin, VTK & Robinson won't start early on.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Smith. Brown. Manu in the backrow come round 1. I would prefer Austin at lock from round 1 but the likely option is him off the bench.

franklin2323

Immortal
I'd have no problem if Kingston and Smith never played for us again.

There's about half a dozen others as well. I don't think either should be re-signed. Seg isn't an 80min player & Austin, VTK & Robinson won't start early on.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Smith. Brown. Manu in the backrow come round 1. I would prefer Austin at lock from round 1 but the likely option is him off the bench.

franklin2323

Immortal
Smith went well in 2011 and barely played this year. I'd have him over Stagg.

I am the same as you. Brown is capable to do some ugly work. We need him to do more in attack. We need Smith's 50 odd tackles until Austin or Robinson is comfortable doing more

Panther_Daz

Staff member
NRL Gossip is wrong. Trust me on this.

We have signed a back up half that is not Scott Porter. It will be revealed in time.

maple_69

Bench
Im tipping the Stig. Would be happy with him or a young bloke. Would rather Walsh be our backup regardless.

Kilkenny

Coach
Seriously, I know some fans are not thrilled with all our new recruits but that's to be expected and clearly not all will make the top grade or deliver. Some will fail and will only ever represent the Wolves but I think it is just exciting to be reading about 'new signings'. New signings made during the current season, at the back end of the current season and still continuing .... 2013 will surely be another season of transition in so much as we will be more competitive while largely developing a new squad and top 17 which will be seriously competitive in 2014 and beyond. It is so positive to hear how much hard work Gus Gould is doing, travelling intra state and interstate interviewing players, meeting there families, and in some instances coming away with signatures on contracts. Some of those have been established NRL players and others kids who have yet to make there mark. This recruitment strategy and the active role taken by Gus Gould has not been seen at our club for a long time if ever. The guy is a machine, I don't where he finds the time and energy. Whether you like the guy or not you surely cannot question his commitment to our cause.

chrisD

Coach
Whare was not very good at fb for Manly, I'd rather Wes assuming it's a stop gap. Is Newton going or something? He definitely seems the coach's favourite and I fully expect him to start every 2013 game for which he is fit. Newton, Manu, Brown and two of Robinson/Smith/Plum. I'd like to see Plum play some front row but I doubt it'll happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts