What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.
He used to be a passable winger with a good bit of speed but he's gone backwards. I'm not sure he has ever passed to his winger while playing centre

Big Mick

Referee
I want the lower grades used. If we get injuries we call up from Windsor & NYC. We can have a youth ful team & be no worse. But stocking Windsor with depth players does nothing to improve the top team which is poor at best.

1. Lachlan Coote, 2. Matt Moylan/Etu/Tony Satini/George Jennings/Wes, 3. Michael Jennings, 5. Dean Whare, 5. Josh Mansour

That's a good backline...We lacked a centre...and we got one.

Again I ask...what is the issue with bringing in Wes when the first grade backline is pretty much set.

PinkPanther

Juniors
George Jennings still has a year in NYC I'm pretty sure, so I don't think we will bring him up. I personally want Moylan or Satini to play 1st grade next year.

ballbag

Juniors
You guys apparently talking to knights Matt's hooker from last year, nathan lo Monaco to play ball in 2013

franklin2323

Immortal
1. Lachlan Coote, 2. Matt Moylan/Etu/Tony Satini/George Jennings/Wes, 3. Michael Jennings, 5. Dean Whare, 5. Josh Mansour
That's a good backline...We lacked a centre...and we got one.

Simmons, Daniela & Tighe have all played centre in 1st grade. Besides what is wrong with using Satini or G.Jennings after a couple of injuries??

So Mansour & VTK are the only 2 the get promoted to the fulltime squad. Despite the lower grades performance. Promote more then that.

ashton

Juniors
Naiqama is costing Penrith about $120k per season for the next two years. The knights are paying him about $80k per season for the next two years. He still had two years left on his contract $200k with the Knights.

Source DT Barry Toohey

Still a poor signing IMO

Last edited:

murraymob

Coach
not a smart signing he has not played at a first grade standard for a year.There must have been plenty of younger guys with more speed on the market

phillybob

Juniors
I overheard a conversation that gus was trying to sign mitchell moses that was back at the 20's state of origin.has anybody heard anything to confirm that we are chasing him?

chrisD

Coach
Like the Wes signing, thought we should have been in the hunt when his contract was up but it seems we've got him even cheaper now. We have not fielded a team this season that has not included a worse outside back than Wes. Once Cleary sees the light and pisses Coote out of FB there'll be an extra spot in our back three somewhere.

rem286

Juniors
The whispers about Coote not being a Panther for much longer are becoming more of a shout.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I would be very pleased if Coote decides to leave. I don't see it happening however. He will be lucky to get half what he is on at other clubs.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Like the Wes signing, thought we should have been in the hunt when his contract was up but it seems we've got him even cheaper now. We have not fielded a team this season that has not included a worse outside back than Wes. Once Cleary sees the light and pisses Coote out of FB there'll be an extra spot in our back three somewhere.

True. How many better outside backs do we have in lower grades not used? Satini, Vaivai, Moss, Moylan. All are better then we have used. Yet don't get a run all can do the same as Naiqama and are younger and faster

franklin2323

Immortal
I would be very pleased if Coote decides to leave. I don't see it happening however. He will be lucky to get half what he is on at other clubs.

If we want the same style fullback Moylan. Moss showed again on Sat night he has a big future. Or the power running Mansour. We will be fine if he goes

goosie

Juniors
wes is a captain for his country so maybe they signed him for leadership and experience which we are lacking with lewis and petro gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.